I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Artifically Induced Snow (china made it snow) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703409)

kgp4death Nov 1st, 2009 10:42 PM

Artifically Induced Snow (china made it snow)

So i guess china shot up some clouds with chemicals and made it snow/rain. That is just asking for trouble. People shouldn't be fucking with nature like this.

http://current.com/items/91348928_ar...n-and-snow.htm

executioneer Nov 2nd, 2009 03:43 AM

so they've discovered technology we've been using for 40 years? whoop-de-fuckin doo

kgp4death Nov 2nd, 2009 08:41 AM

well there is a difference between normal chem trails that "do whatever they do" and making it snow, rain is one thing but snow that's pretty crazy.

elx Nov 2nd, 2009 09:12 AM

i think this is actually a very interesting topic though..i knew that cloud seeding was possible but i had no idea that everyone was actually using it. :(

i think it's bad, droughts are supposed to happen, crops are supposed to die, people are supposed to starve. i love science but really, i think there is a point where it just goes too far.

Colonel Flagg Nov 2nd, 2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 656364)
i think [cloud-seeding to induce rain or snow is] bad, droughts are supposed to happen, crops are supposed to die, people are supposed to starve. i love science but really, i think there is a point where it just goes too far.

I don't agree; science can't fundamentally change weather patterns (yet) but humans can and do modify our environment - it's part of what defines us as human. Inducing rain or snow at certain times and in certain places would be no different than diverting rivers for irrigation. In my opinion, of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 656347)
so they've discovered technology we've been using for 40 years? whoop-de-fuckin doo

Yeah, that's what I figured - I was about 10 when I first heard about this. :\

Zhukov Nov 2nd, 2009 10:08 AM

Rainforests have been seeding clouds with their bacteria for millions of years. OLD NEWS.

Dimnos Nov 2nd, 2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 656347)

This

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 656369)
I don't agree; science can't fundamentally change weather patterns (yet) but humans can and do modify our environment - it's part of what defines us as human. Inducing rain or snow at certain times and in certain places would be no different than diverting rivers for irrigation. In my opinion, of course.

And this.

:rolleyes

Tadao Nov 2nd, 2009 01:09 PM

Who the fuck cares, I watch tv out of the back of a hummer.

executioneer Nov 2nd, 2009 01:15 PM

my only real concern with this issue is that china has been stealing other countries' weather, and this seems to point to cobra commander being involved somehow

Evil Robot Nov 2nd, 2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgp4death (Post 656362)
well there is a difference between normal chem trails that "do whatever they do" and making it snow, rain is one thing but snow that's pretty crazy.

Did you not go to grade school? Do you seriously not know what snow is?

executioneer Nov 2nd, 2009 04:27 PM

yeah snow isn't really any different from rain except it's probably actually easier to do snow since cold air can't hold as much moisture as warm air

kgp4death Nov 2nd, 2009 05:22 PM

yeah but snow is cold and shit, and they just made it snow a little while ago (ie not cold enough yet)....I am reminded of "back to the future 2" (remember the weather service)

The Leader Nov 2nd, 2009 05:25 PM

Hey, your brother took a hint, why can't you?

Dimnos Nov 2nd, 2009 05:35 PM

executioneer Nov 2nd, 2009 07:05 PM

since when is late october "too early for snow". it was 29 degrees out (-2 celsius), what the hell else kind of precipitation are they gonna make

kgp4death Nov 3rd, 2009 12:01 AM

they can make it randomly snow now that is the whole point of the post.

george Nov 3rd, 2009 12:15 AM

but can they make it stick to dead brothers?

kgp4death Nov 3rd, 2009 12:38 AM

No but it might stick to your twat you faggot

george Nov 3rd, 2009 01:00 AM

i think my twat is way hotter than your dead beanie brother, so if it wont stick to him then i got nothing to worry about.

Evil Robot Nov 3rd, 2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgp4death (Post 656588)
No but it might stick to your twat you faggot

GIMMIE YOUR FUCKING CREDIT CARD NUMBER NOW

executioneer Nov 3rd, 2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgp4death (Post 656579)
they can make it randomly snow now that is the whole point of the post.

no, they can only make it snow when there's precipitation in the air and when the ambient temperature is less than 32 degrees fahrenheit. THE CHINKS ARE NOT MAGIC.

seriously, we've been making it snow for decades. LOOK IT THE FUCK UP

Zhukov Nov 3rd, 2009 10:13 AM

I've seen snow three times :)

kgp4death Nov 3rd, 2009 10:32 AM

we get feet of snow, I actually snowboard quite a bit (40 or so times a season - season passes obviously - which run me a mere 200 bucks) I Love it!!!

george Nov 3rd, 2009 11:02 AM

lalala lalaa

george Nov 3rd, 2009 11:05 AM

you could at least have a break in the fun to dust him off :(