I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2009 10:17 PM

Far Cry 2. I hit a gazelle with a go-kart, then lit a field full of soldiers on fire. I threw a grenade into the back of the truck and it exploded into the sky. Then I attacked a train depot to get blood diamonds.

I love this game.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 11th, 2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 652748)
Valyria Chronicles. Was loving this game right up to the point that the retarded bitch with the beam gatling lance gayed it all up. >:

Aw, that mission's easy. Just park the Edelweiss in a trench and hit her with the mortar each turn. She'll be stunned until it's the enemy's turn (so you can run past her.)

At least, that's how I remember it. Really, once you've got enough people on the other side of the battlefield, it's just a matter of keeping that bitch in place with the Edelweiss. The enemy base is pretty easy to infiltrate once you've made it across.

I think that's the last "normal" mission before the fights start getting a little weird.

Dimnos Oct 12th, 2009 10:08 AM

Its not that the mission was hard. I just didnt care for the sci-fi / fantasy (whatever you want to call that bitch) ancient civilization with magical super powers being thrown into the mix. Couldnt have just been a bad ass war game without getting anigayed with a tired out cliche?

I still like the game. Its to bad ass for that one dumb bitch to bring it down.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 12th, 2009 10:50 AM

Trying to get alt costumes for MUA2 and getting disapointed by them. Wolverine alt costume is just Hugh Jackman. Storm's is cool, Thor's is cool. Juggernaut's looks like a drill.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 12th, 2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 652809)
Its not that the mission was hard. I just didnt care for the sci-fi / fantasy (whatever you want to call that bitch) ancient civilization with magical super powers being thrown into the mix. Couldnt have just been a bad ass war game without getting anigayed with a tired out cliche?

I still like the game. Its to bad ass for that one dumb bitch to bring it down.

BUT THE VALKYRIA ARE A METAPHOR FOR THE SUPPOSED "MASTER RACE" FROM WORLD WAR II, ATTEMPTING TO OPPRESS GALLIA, WHICH IS ACTUALLY SWITZERLAND. SO ACTUALLY IT'S VERY DEEP, YOU'RE JUST DUMB, ACTUALLY >:

Fair warning, that whole race thing becomes pretty important at the end of the game and kinda brings down the second half. Hence "Valkyria Chronicles" and not "Plain Old Awesome Wartime Chronicles". But the missions get pretty fucking awesome, too. There's this land dreadnought you have to pile your soldiers onto, and you have to use this clever trick with the tanks and the landscape to beat it. And this crazy minefield you have to finagle your way through.

They definitely make up for the stupid story with some great combat. I still haven't tried the DLC yet. Hard Mode is supposed to totally change a lot of the missions, and the side story with Edy, Marina, and Gay Bender looks awesome.

LordSappington Oct 12th, 2009 06:19 PM

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. I forgot how badass GBA games were.

OxBlood Oct 13th, 2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 652813)
Trying to get alt costumes for MUA2 and getting disapointed by them. Wolverine alt costume is just Hugh Jackman. Storm's is cool, Thor's is cool. Juggernaut's looks like a drill.

What I donīt like is that they even dumbed THAT part of the game down. From 4 Costumes that have an actual impact on your character to 2 costumes of which one looks stupid and doesnīt do anything anymore...

stevetothepast Oct 13th, 2009 11:27 AM

ancient empires 2 on a cell phone. It is fantastic, I played it about 2 years ago and forgot just how good it is. It really keeps your interest until the end.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 13th, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 652955)
What I donīt like is that they even dumbed THAT part of the game down. From 4 Costumes that have an actual impact on your character to 2 costumes of which one looks stupid and doesnīt do anything anymore...

Agreed. I've only played a bit of MUA 1 but it was on Wii :(

I might go and get a copy of X-Men Legends 2 because I never beat it.

Going through Legendary mode and just demolishing people using
Deadpool
Hulk
Thor
Phoenix

Deadpool + Phoenix and even Deadpool + Thor's fusion equals massive kills.

Zomboid Oct 13th, 2009 01:44 PM

Whaaaat? The alt costumes are down to 2 and they don't do anything anymore? :(

That sucks so much. The only reason I used "Modern" Human Torch was because of the huuuuge increase in fire damage.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 13th, 2009 07:33 PM

So, Half Minute Hero. It's a game where every level is its own self-contained RPG, and you have 30 seconds to beat it or the world ends. It's pretty funny, and a few of the levels are really clever, since they run the gamut of silly RPG cliches.

I haven't tried the other modes yet. One of them has you controlling the villain, and another has you playing the princess in a shmup (with a 30 second curfew, of course).

Oh! And A Boy and His Blob! That game is fantastic.

Guitar Woman Oct 13th, 2009 07:53 PM

Phoenix Gamma Oct 14th, 2009 12:47 AM

Oh, I also downloaded Lucidity. Between that and Boy and His Blob, I'm having massive cute attacks.

Lucidity is pretty cool. Fucking gorgeous graphics. Kind of a sappy story, and the mechanics get frustrating since the mouse controls "snap" to a grid and the keyboard controls are uselessly slow. Still, it's got all the appeal of an "art game" (clever use of story, very pretty) without any obtuse bullshit metaphors. Pretty fun for $10.

OxBlood Oct 14th, 2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 653023)
Whaaaat? The alt costumes are down to 2 and they don't do anything anymore? :(

That sucks so much. The only reason I used "Modern" Human Torch was because of the huuuuge increase in fire damage.

Yeah that and the limitation to 4 active Powers per Character really bug me out. Sure, most powers were useless or copies of other powers in the first game but at least they were there...

That and Deadpool wasnīt useless after beating the game on normal...

stevetothepast Oct 14th, 2009 10:06 AM

Miner dig deep. fun so far.

OxBlood Oct 15th, 2009 02:56 AM

So I beat the first 5 Bosses in Monster Hunter FU and it´s still fun. I guess that´s a good sign. Still, I want a version of the game on the big consoles goddamnit. That would be extremely nice, being able to play online, good graphics and all that aparently unimportant stuff...

darkvare Oct 15th, 2009 03:11 PM

there's monster hunter tri coming out for wii for whatever that's worth

Phoenix Gamma Oct 15th, 2009 03:47 PM

Got a lot further in Boy and his Blob. Man, that game is fantastic. Really good puzzles, really good challenge, and the animation is top notch. The different abilities are really fun, and the total lack of tutorial and cutscenes is a nice surprise. Only complaint is that Boy can't jump for shit, and Blob's pathfinding is a little crummy.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 15th, 2009 04:50 PM

The demo for Brutal Legend. Seems like a hack and guitar(Slash) but pretty funny. That and the gameplay demo ends with 3 Inches of Blood's Deadly Sinners which is really the thing that sold me. I haven't seen him in it yet but I've heard Lemmy is a main adversary too. :rock

Chojin Oct 15th, 2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 653045)

lol wat

Sam Oct 15th, 2009 09:06 PM

Brutal Legend. It's probably the best game released this month. :posh

LordSappington Oct 15th, 2009 09:55 PM

I'm playing as many Castlevania games as I can before Halloween. :rock

OxBlood Oct 16th, 2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 653339)
there's monster hunter tri coming out for wii for whatever that's worth

Yeah I know, but I donīt have one of those toasters and I donīt want to pay money for that gimmicky SD-console, even though there are some games that Iīd like to play.

And: Hm. A Castlevania Halloween Special in my gaming-schedule MIGHT be fun. Interesting idea.

Dr. Boogie Oct 16th, 2009 04:54 AM

Demon's Souls. It's the best looking Rogue-like game to ever break my balls.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 16th, 2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 653445)
Brutal Legend. It's probably the best game released this month. :posh

Trying to get through Legendary on MUA2 as quickly as possible so I can pick Brutal Legend up. My roommate is slowing me down considerably though because he's terrible at it.