I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   FALLOUT 3 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700155)

Guitar Woman Jun 18th, 2007 11:51 PM

god damnit

so anyway after that he starts shooting up the place, and I take out my gun and help the guards kill him, then they fucking TURN ON ME AND RAPE ME TO PIECES. I thought it was okay to fight in self defense at junktown wtf >:

also is there any situation in this game that doesn't end in death by fucking firing squad >:

executioneer Jun 18th, 2007 11:55 PM

did youaccidentaly hit one of the guards because that is the onyl reason i can think of that they would attack you after fighting the assassin

that or you kept ur gun out after they asked you to put it away idk

or it's a bug caused by not being patched, unfortunately both of the two games get kind fo buggy without patches

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2007 12:03 AM

would it have to do anything with my reputation? Because I've been raping and pillaging all of the helpless travelers I come across.

executioneer Jun 19th, 2007 12:10 AM

uhh i don't know, probably not

sometimes it just does shit like that though, make sure and save a bunch so if it does shit like that and ruins opportunities you have something to fall back on :(

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2007 12:30 AM

Yeah, I tried it again and nothing bad happened.

Zomboid Jun 20th, 2007 03:16 PM

Man this thread took a turn for the worse.

executioneer Jun 20th, 2007 04:47 PM

sry :(

Tadao Mar 11th, 2008 01:51 AM

So, yeah, I'm bumping an old thread. Sorry. I just found out about Fallout 3 30 mins ago and I am completely stoked. Thank god I've missed a whole year of speculating about it.

Oh, GW... You suck at Fallout :lol

Fat_Hippo Mar 11th, 2008 09:37 AM

Oh great, now I feel like playing again. I never did get to all the way to the end of Fallout 2.

And I'm cautious in regards to Fallout 3. Seriously, Bethesda has NO experience in writing good dialogue and creating atmosphere, which is what Fallout is all about. And the new combat system look like it could be seriously fucked up too. I just don't want to get my hopes up and be disapointed.

executioneer Mar 11th, 2008 10:43 AM

man its still like five months away quit it :(

Guitar Woman Mar 11th, 2008 11:03 AM

I suck at RPGs in general!

Also, I hope Bethesda can manage to do something right for once!

Dr. Boogie Mar 11th, 2008 12:20 PM

They won't, and odds are, it won't even be their fault.

Everyone's got an idea in their heads about what Fallout 3 should be/look like, and I don't think Bethesda will be able to meet people's high expectations.

I'm thinking it'll wind up like most of the recent next-gen sequels: looks good, but doesn't play as well as the original(s).

Tadao Mar 11th, 2008 03:41 PM

I think the best way for me to enjoy 3, is to not replay 1 and 2. They are not continuing a storyline from 2 and the feel will be drastically different and I haven't plaid them since they came out. I may have replayed 2 a little.

But dam if I don't want to play the old ones now.

Guitar Woman Mar 11th, 2008 05:43 PM

I thought Fallout was a really good game, but I'm not a HARDCORE OMG CHANGE NOTHING fan, probably because I never played the second one. I don't care if they change how Fallout plays, because I like the gameworld and mucking around in it. I'm just worried about this based on my past experiences with Bethedsa and how they are all a bunch of phenomenal retards when it comes to good game design.

Chojin Mar 11th, 2008 05:47 PM

Yeah, honestly? I was all in love with Bethesda until I spent an entire day searching for Oblivion mods that only when all used together make the game playable. And includes a fan-made patch for the game to fix little insignificant bugs like the game freezing when you reach a certain number of hours of play.

And running 50+ mods all at once makes the game crash every few minutes.

But seriously, bethesda wins the national award for the worst-running engines and worst 3D character models ever. Some guy released a pack of replacement heads for Morrowind that looked amazing and actually used less polys.

I can only assume that the engine used in fallout 3 will be equally clunky and stupid, and require a thousand patches to fix their bugs and make it a fun experience.

Chojin Mar 11th, 2008 05:49 PM

Oh and go download and play Fallout 2 ;< It's a great game the first time you play through it.

And come to think of it, Fallout 2 has a user-made patch for it as well, so maybe Bethesda was the right choice after all.

executioneer Mar 11th, 2008 07:00 PM

hahah yeah both of the fallouts are recommended patchers, not so much for gameplay issues as for being buggy as hell

Fat_Hippo Mar 12th, 2008 08:32 AM

Yeah, I played Fallout 1 without any patching (didn't have internet at the time). Fucking evil...still beat the game though.

Fathom Zero Mar 12th, 2008 02:01 PM

Oblivion never froze up on my 360. I mean, I've only played 50-odd hours, so that might not have been enough time.

Chojin Mar 12th, 2008 07:45 PM

The only huge recreateable bug in normal oblivion is the one where if you have TONS of game time, shit will happen like doors disappearing and whenever you look at FIRE your framerate will drop to about .2.

Fathom Zero Mar 12th, 2008 09:44 PM

Eeeeew. Well, my bros. decided to snap the game in half so I guess I'll never have the chance to recreate it. :(

Ninjavenom Mar 13th, 2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 537598)
Yeah, honestly? I was all in love with Bethesda until I spent an entire day searching for Oblivion mods that only when all used together make the game playable. And includes a fan-made patch for the game to fix little insignificant bugs like the game freezing when you reach a certain number of hours of play.

And running 50+ mods all at once makes the game crash every few minutes.

But seriously, bethesda wins the national award for the worst-running engines and worst 3D character models ever. Some guy released a pack of replacement heads for Morrowind that looked amazing and actually used less polys.

I can only assume that the engine used in fallout 3 will be equally clunky and stupid, and require a thousand patches to fix their bugs and make it a fun experience.

Agreed. Once i spent about 20+ hours in the game, i realized that it was so, so unfinished and it was kind of disappointing.

Zomboid Mar 13th, 2008 12:36 AM

I really liked oblivion, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Fixing the character models so that they don't look so awkward in everything they do would be a good idea... and maaaaan I hope they don't have the same ugly, ugly faces.

Chojin Mar 13th, 2008 12:53 AM

Reading that post reminds me of why we hate the Wii

Zomboid Mar 13th, 2008 01:14 AM

;<