I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   FALLOUT 3 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700155)

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2008 04:58 PM

Why the 360 over the PC? Possible downloadable stuff?

executioneer Jul 22nd, 2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 570254)
Like the stealth system where everyone automatically knows where you are after seeing you even if you leave their line of sight and teleport to china

or how everyone in the game is the same level as I am

and how all the characters are just fucking UGLY

well i dunno how the stealth is gonna be or how ugly things are gonna be but i've read they aren't gonna be doing the whole "everything levels up with you" thing, at least

i'm gonna try and get an illicit copy to see if my pc can run it before i decide what version i'm gonna go with in the end :( i'd rather not have to play it on 360 unless i have to

Fathom Zero Jul 23rd, 2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 570280)
Why the 360 over the PC? Possible downloadable stuff?

How should I know? That's just what I'm buying.

Zomboid Aug 4th, 2008 12:34 AM

I watched some demo footage a while ago and it looks pretty fun. It's obviously not the same as the original games, but it looks like the VATS thing is gonna be pretty fun and does a good job of capturing the style of the old games' targeting system. I'd like to see more of the towns and things though. For me, the gameplay is one half of what's important, and the other half is the story and setting. The fallout world was just so fun and unique that if they don't emulate that very well, people will be disappointed :(

Chojin Aug 4th, 2008 01:42 AM

You trying your best to avoid any patches and mods that come out, Fathom?

I never get anything on a console that I can get on PC, which probably explains why we've got all of four games for the 360.

Nick Aug 4th, 2008 09:54 AM

This fall is going to be pretty sweet.

VaporTrailx1 Aug 10th, 2008 01:23 PM

Yah. Fallout 3 is gonna rock.

Fathom Zero Aug 10th, 2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 572274)
You trying your best to avoid any patches and mods that come out, Fathom?

I never get anything on a console that I can get on PC, which probably explains why we've got all of four games for the 360.

My computer will probably be able to run it, but I feel better playing games on the console. I can't get into PC games anymore, for some reason.

But other than that, I could go either way.

VaporTrailx1 Aug 11th, 2008 12:36 AM

The thing I like about console's is that you know they're going to work. Sure PC graphics are better. IF you have a good graphics cards. IF you have good memory. IF you have a great processor. IF you have taken the time to get all the patches. IF. IF. IF.

Guitar Woman Aug 11th, 2008 12:37 AM

If you're white enough to afford a good machine

executioneer Aug 11th, 2008 12:37 AM

yeah like you can't look up whether you can run it or not beforehand

Fathom Zero Aug 11th, 2008 12:48 AM

I'll probably be able to run it at minimum settings.

And I wouldn't say that the console's versions will always work. They don't a lot. But there are patches for even the 360. And there are mods for consoles, like UT3 on the PS3. Granted, it's been pretty much an isolated thing, but it's still cool.

VaporTrailx1 Aug 12th, 2008 09:56 PM

Sure console games can have crappy frame rates or glitches. But I've never seen a console game crash. Except if the disk is messed up, or you get the Red Ring of Death.

Chojin Aug 12th, 2008 10:58 PM

Or if you play any of the 90% that do.

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2008 11:13 PM

The red ring thing was blown out of proportion, you know.

Chojin Aug 12th, 2008 11:30 PM

Last I heard, the failure rate was at 30-40%? And judging from people I know, that seems about right.

Of course, they're all whiners who don't deserve to buy expensive things.

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2008 11:34 PM

I'm glad mine wasn't one of them. Yuck. I still had to send it back in, though.

executioneer Aug 13th, 2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 (Post 573874)
Sure console games can have crappy frame rates or glitches. But I've never seen a console game crash. Except if the disk is messed up, or you get the Red Ring of Death.

excuse me but i have games crash on my xb360 all the dang time and it's sometimes on brand new games >:

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2008 04:55 PM

Executioneer, do you'r 360 games only crash when you first start em up? Or do you get some time into a game and it crashes? I have a lot of games on my 360 that crash but they only do it at start up. Mostly its that "to play this disc please put it in a xbox 360" screen that makes you wonder how retarded it is. Not to bash the 360 but it usualy gives me more shit than my comp does.

Fathom Zero Aug 13th, 2008 05:03 PM

That's a big disc drive issue. You should send it in, provided it's not actually the fact that your games are scratched.

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2008 06:08 PM

It does this even after i sent it in for the red ring of death issue i had, and it only does it with some games (Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden and Call of Duty 4). Wich would make you think its the games, but on CoD 4 and Gaiden it did this even the first time I put them in after first opening them.

Fathom Zero Aug 13th, 2008 06:10 PM

Yeah, that's a drive issue. It was like that for me, compounded by the fact that my bros kicked it a lot.

I've always had trouble with slot loading drives.

VaporTrailx1 Aug 13th, 2008 07:24 PM

I've only had game crash in xbox live. Never during regular play.

Zomboid Aug 25th, 2008 06:10 PM

This gets released October 28th. Unfortunately, I'll be waiting for my copy from Amazon to arrive :(

executioneer Oct 25th, 2008 11:37 PM

I JUST ORDER IT, ITS PROBABLY GONNA BE LATE THOUGH :( plus i'm working 6pm - 6am that day :(