I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Cleveland Show (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703289)

Dr. Boogie Oct 20th, 2009 11:51 PM

The Cleveland Show

I had my doubts about this show being any good, as Cleveland wasn't exactly the funniest character on Family Guy.

This show just blows. The humor tries to stay more grounded in reality, as opposed to Family Guy's randomness and cutaway gags, and it just doesn't work. I wish I could say more about it, but I can't remember all that much from the two episodes I saw. It's really just a dull show with a style of humor that the writers can't seem to work worth. They even resorted to a Family Guy-style cutaway joke in the last episode.

darkvare Oct 20th, 2009 11:59 PM

i was expecting it to be good after the first sentence oh well not a big surprise

Dr. Boogie Oct 21st, 2009 01:02 AM

It reminded me of that cartoon cavalcade thing Seth MacFarlane did a while back. Really not funny.

Zomboid Oct 21st, 2009 01:11 AM

It is easily one of the worst new shows I've seen in a couple years. Really, though, how could anyone be surprised?

Dr. Boogie Oct 21st, 2009 02:04 AM

I wasn't that surprised, but American Dad has its moments, so I thought this one might, too.

Mockery Oct 21st, 2009 02:30 AM

While I'm not surprised that The Cleveland Show is bad, the worst new show I've seen is easily Comedy Central's "Secret Girlfriend". It's so insanely unfunny and they just show t&a whenever they can, since the writers are apparently incapable of coming up with a single funny line. Very reminiscent of modern National Lampoon direct-to-video releases, yet somehow, it was greenlit as a TV series.

Just plain awful.

Ant10708 Oct 21st, 2009 03:56 AM

Let's stop talking about crappy TV shows and move on to how good season four of Dexter has been

Dr. Boogie Oct 21st, 2009 04:26 AM

How about we compromise and you make a thread about it, homo.

Tadao Oct 21st, 2009 04:30 AM

Homo? Who's the one who watched 2 episodes? :lol

King Hadas Oct 21st, 2009 10:51 AM

I'm suprised at how little outrage there is towards how Family Guy treats women. The shows misogynistic as fuck.

On screen it's attempted rape but off screen we have to assume he succeeds. Marge of course loves it and wants more since she's such a whore. I heard Mcfarlane and Groening were suppose to be pals but that's obviously bullshit, this is some hateful stuff.

Geggy Oct 21st, 2009 12:00 PM

I still don't get why Fox would compare this show to the Cosby Show. I just don't see it.

Dimnos Oct 21st, 2009 12:12 PM

Quagmire would have been a better show. :\

Zomboid Oct 21st, 2009 02:10 PM

How so? He's a one-note character as it is and became boring and annoying as a supporting character.

Dimnos Oct 21st, 2009 02:48 PM

And yet he still would have been better than Clevland...

stevetothepast Oct 21st, 2009 02:53 PM

Any of the characters would make a good solo show. The issue is not the main characters, it's the supporting char's.

The Cleveland Show sucks ass because Cleveland has no one else to take a bit of the comedic pressure off of him. That bear is a terrible character and the little kid isn't funny either. The only other character that is somewhat funny is the redneck neighbor, and he's not that great.

I as well watched two episodes and said enough is enough with this show.

captain516 Oct 21st, 2009 03:24 PM

At least it wasn't an Adam West spinoff.

Dimnos Oct 21st, 2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 654298)
At least it wasn't an Adam West spinoff.

Dude that would have been WAY better and what they should have done. :lol

Ant10708 Oct 21st, 2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 654249)
I'm suprised at how little outrage there is towards how Family Guy treats women. The shows misogynistic as fuck.

I heard Mcfarlane and Groening were suppose to be pals but that's obviously bullshit, this is some hateful stuff.

Yeah thats exactly why Groening asked Mcfarlane to be in one of his futurama movies, because they hate ecah other:confused:

You people act surprised about how bad these shows are but you are the fools giving it ratings by viewing more then 2 minutes of any part of it. I saw the commercials for secret girlfriend and only heard the premise of the cleavland show and I don't think it takes a genius or someone with taste in good comedy to realize the shows were going to be beyond awful and the best thing to do is not to tune in and support such garbage even for a single episode. just because its "free" to watch doesnt mean your not giving some tool money for making more shitty tv and delaying its cancellation. Its a good rule to avoid all new shows on comedy central that need south park as a lead in for people to actually watch it.

I've also been amazed at how Family Guy gets away with some of the most ruthless anti women humor on the air and basically because they keep it involving quagmire so they can blame it on the character kind of like how cartman gets away with intense racism.

stevetothepast Oct 21st, 2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 654299)

AGREED.

captain516 Oct 21st, 2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 654299)

I don't know... I love Adam West, but if he got his own show it would be just random humor. It'd get old by the first episode.

Dimnos Oct 21st, 2009 03:43 PM

Ahh... Your probably right. Part of what makes him a great character is his short and rare (although not that rare) appearances on the show.

Ant10708 Oct 21st, 2009 03:43 PM

Any family guy spinoff show would be equally bad. An Adam West one would be even worse because it would associate Adam west with something crappier then family guy itself.

Zomboid Oct 21st, 2009 03:51 PM

Seriously. Family Guy is utter shit. It was great when I was 15 or 16 and stoned, but fucking come on.

darkvare Oct 21st, 2009 03:55 PM

did you guys knew this show had a second season already planned

Guitar Woman Oct 21st, 2009 05:55 PM

Are you guys retarded