I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   so i've been watching old TMNT (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23693)

Emu Jan 29th, 2007 08:54 AM

so i've been watching old TMNT

This show kicks the crap out of everything that kids watch today >:

Grislygus Jan 29th, 2007 09:01 AM

Yes. I should know, my brother watches new crap all the time. And it is ALL crap, let me tell you what. And this is coming from someone who used to religiously watch a show about cyborg dinosaur cops.

Emu Jan 29th, 2007 09:22 AM

The new one's not that bad, at least what I saw of it. It follows the comic more closely, I hear. ;(

Zomboid Jan 29th, 2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 462730)
Yes. I should know, my brother watches new crap all the time. And it is ALL crap, let me tell you what. And this is coming from someone who used to religiously watch a show about cyborg dinosaur cops.

What was that show called? Dinocops? I vaguely remember it but I know I liked it a whole lot.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 29th, 2007 10:46 PM

Dude! Fucking BEAST WARS!!! I WAS A WHORE FOR THAT SHIT! God I miss that show even though it was horrible.

ArrowX Jan 29th, 2007 11:04 PM

why does everyone hate beastwars? It was the only Transformers show that Juttin and I's generation had, since we were born at the ass end of the 80's adn didn't get a chance to see the original as much as anyone should.

The only valid complaint I can think of is that its story ark prevents The original show from occuring, since the Sparks of optimus and megatron are taken, and megatrons is destroyed.

Grislygus Jan 29th, 2007 11:08 PM

The local Saturday cartoon station aired nonstop reruns of 80's shows when I was a kid. So I actually was raised on Transformers and G.I. Joe, despite my generation.

Of course, my generation had Biker Mice from Mars and Exosquad, so that's something. Beast Wars sucked, though. LOL STARSCREAM'S A RAPTOR

ArrowX Jan 30th, 2007 02:07 AM

no he wasn't Star Scream's Ghost came and possessed the Pterodactyl guy.

Shifty Jan 30th, 2007 02:42 AM

I loved beast wars it was awesome. only TV show that i still like that i liked as a kid.

ArrowX Jan 30th, 2007 04:08 AM

It was kinda depressing at the end tho, watching them kill off like 2/3s of the "Maximals"(good) and all but I think 3 of the "Predacons"(bad)

They introduced some guy who's an ambiguous combination of 2 of the first season characters, and he was easily the strongest guy on the show but before he was able to do anything super cool megatron shot him in the fucking face with the deception warships main guns.

Shifty Jan 30th, 2007 06:13 AM

yeah the ending was kinda depressing. did you ever watch the next generation beastwars after that? i didnt mind them, i still watched them tho.

And that hybrid guy between hawk and tiger what ever his name was. he was awesome, i still have his toy in a box some where.

ArrowX Jan 30th, 2007 03:18 PM

lol no way, BeastMachines was terrible, they werent even transformers anymore.

RaNkeri Jan 30th, 2007 03:33 PM

Nothing beats the cartoons of late the 80s and early 90s. The stuff kids novadays watch is utter shit

timrpgland Jan 30th, 2007 03:55 PM

I have the first 4 dvds of the original 1987 cartoon. I was a huge TMNT freak as a kid (part of the club and all that) and it's kind of weird watching these episodes as an adult. I have yet to see one that I don't remember. It's a bit scary actually.

Emu Jan 30th, 2007 04:25 PM

I'm the same way ;(

Watching them again later is fun because now I get all the jokes.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 30th, 2007 05:51 PM

Spongebob Faggotpants annoys the living shit out of me. I come upstairs and my sister has it on all the time.

ArrowX Jan 30th, 2007 06:07 PM

punch her in her stupid face and turn it off, get her ready for the rest of her life.

DuFresne Jan 31st, 2007 04:30 AM

Oh my god. I agree with zeldasbiggestfan on something.
I feel like I need to take a shower now.
Maybe some exlax for the inside...

Zomboid Feb 1st, 2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX (Post 463261)

The only valid complaint I can think of is that its story ark prevents The original show from occuring, since the Sparks of optimus and megatron are taken, and megatrons is destroyed.

No. They were put in the bodies of their beast wars counterparts temporarily. There's a deleted scene showing optimus take the original megatron's spark out of the new one and put it back where it was before.

sadie Feb 1st, 2007 09:01 AM

i had to google tmnt to find out what this thread was about. :(

ArrowX Feb 1st, 2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 464734)
No. They were put in the bodies of their beast wars counterparts temporarily. There's a deleted scene showing optimus take the original megatron's spark out of the new one and put it back where it was before.

I didn't' know that :(

Zomboid Feb 1st, 2007 09:14 AM

That's what happens when you don't download the entire beast wars series complete with extras. Gave me something to do after work for a few weeks. Sucked when I was done though.

DuFresne Feb 1st, 2007 03:06 PM

So, what did you suck when you were done?

timrpgland Feb 1st, 2007 04:44 PM

I thought this was a TMNT thread...

Shifty Feb 1st, 2007 04:46 PM

its turned in to beastwars and tmnt