I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bring back these classics! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699903)

pac-man Jun 7th, 2008 06:15 AM

Bring back these classics!

There are a couple threads that discuss the resurrection of Earthworm Jim and Splatterhouse. A popular gaming magazine ran a cover story about old game franchises making their comeback. There are more than a few great games and game franchises that are still on the shelf, though, and I think a few of them could actually be done justice in the current gen of games. What games do you wish would be dusted off and given new life?

My short list:
Punch-Out!
Smash TV
River City Ransom

Lobo Tommy Jun 7th, 2008 11:57 AM

Road Rash. It's one of the coolest franchises ever, but they recently canceled the latest sequel.

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2008 10:56 AM

How about some old school 2d contra!

Angryhydralisk Jun 10th, 2008 11:09 AM

Give me more 2D Castlevanias and I'm content.

And well.....Earthbound.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 10th, 2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 560208)
How about some old school 2d contra!

Contra IV was already released on the DS.....

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2008 01:48 PM

Really? There is a 2d contra on DS?!?! Where the F have i been !!!?!?!!?!

MLE Jun 10th, 2008 01:49 PM

Being an idiot.

Mockery Jun 10th, 2008 02:45 PM

Contra 4 on the DS is spectacular and hard as shit. Get it.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2008 02:57 PM

Contra 4 was all sorts of awesome. Still hard as fuck, but awesome. Plus it's got the NES Contras packed in too.

Seconding Punch-Out. Awesome game with sick music. I'd personally love it if the Chrono games made a comeback. Chrono Cross wasn't the sequel we wanted, and Square's too busy making spin-offs to give a shit.

darkvare Jun 10th, 2008 04:09 PM

lol i wonder how a punch-out game in ds would be and also with touch screen controls only i think smash tv is in the xbla

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2008 05:09 PM

Does Contra 4 on the DS have multiplayer?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2008 05:40 PM

Yea, Contra 4 has multiplayer. I think it's multicard only, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 560282)
lol i wonder how a punch-out game in ds would be and also with touch screen controls only i think smash tv is in the xbla

They'd probably only use the buttons for a DS Punch-Out, but my bet is that if there ever is a third game, it'd be on the Wii, and use motion controls, much to the chagrin of many.

Rothgil Jun 10th, 2008 06:41 PM

A while ago I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a new Super Dodgeball game. And lo and behold just last week they released a new one for the DS!

Lobo Tommy Jun 10th, 2008 06:50 PM

I forgot Paperboy. An addicting game that would be perfect for the Wii.

Has guys rolling tires!

Dimnos Jun 11th, 2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rothgil (Post 560352)
A while ago I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a new Super Dodgeball game. And lo and behold just last week they released a new one for the DS!

F yea! Same thing happened to me. About the dodgeball not this new contra that slipped by me.