I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Clerks 2 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21867)

Sicktodeathmx Jul 22nd, 2006 12:27 AM

Clerks 2

I saw it this evening.
It was the best.
Pillow Pants and Inner-species Erotica.

Fathom Zero Jul 22nd, 2006 12:32 AM

So, is it safe to say that it lives up to the original?

Chojin Jul 22nd, 2006 09:45 AM

IS IT SAFE

Zen444 Jul 22nd, 2006 10:35 AM

Kevin Smith made one movie that made everyone orgasm.

He couldn't direct his way out of a wet paperbag.

Who wants some Jell-o pudding pops?

MarioRPG Jul 22nd, 2006 11:42 AM

I doubt I'll see it.

James Jul 22nd, 2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
IS IT SAFE

I still don't get why that cartoon didn't survive.

Maybe it has something to do with it not being advertised, with the first-aired episode being their clip-show parody based entirely around the unseen first episode, and with the show being pulled off the air after the second week.

:(

Zen444 Jul 22nd, 2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
IS IT SAFE

I still don't get why that cartoon didn't survive.

Maybe it has something to do with it not being advertised, with the first-aired episode being their clip-show parody based entirely around the unseen first episode, and with the show being pulled off the air after the second week.

:(

They played the show out of order and in sporadic timeslots from what I remember.

Ninjavenom Jul 22nd, 2006 08:30 PM

Also, the third week was when it was pulled. They only had two episodes on air. I caught the second episode (the one where they go to the animation studio in korea) and nearly shit my pants laughing. I watched ABC for a fucking YEAR after that episode in case they ever showed re-runs or anything. I bought the DVD the second i saw it, but my sister lost it to one of her stupid goth friends >:O

EverythingWillSuck Jul 22nd, 2006 09:20 PM

That's actually the first one they showed, I believe.

Jixby Phillips Jul 22nd, 2006 09:34 PM

That is right

week 1: Episode 4
week 2: Episode 2
week 3: Epsiode 3 scheduled, pulled days before it's airing

James Jul 22nd, 2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverythingWillSuck
That's actually the first one they showed, I believe.

According to the commentaries, they skipped the first episode, and the first-aired episode was the second episode where they parodied a clip show by reviewing clips from the first episode.

Since nobody SAW the first episode, nobody got why it was supposed to be funny. :(

Edit: I guess I'm wrong. Still, Episode 2 made no sense because nobody saw Episode 1.

Rongi Jul 22nd, 2006 10:22 PM

i was so pissed at how poorly that show was treated by abc because it had such unbeleivable potential to be spectacular. i seriously would have rather seen that show go on than Kevin Smith make another movie

James Jul 23rd, 2006 01:07 AM

My favorite moment was when they had "viewer mail" regarding the show's different style compared to the original movie. So they made the show more like the movie... for about 30 seconds.

Rongi Jul 23rd, 2006 01:29 AM

i liked how they added the black character to make the show more politically correct, and yet he never seemed to do anything

Juttin Jul 23rd, 2006 01:34 AM

Kevin Smith is one of those directors who refuses to let go.

He makes a good movie, then makes a crap movie, then he has to sell another Star Wars figurine :/

Fathom Zero Jul 23rd, 2006 02:51 AM

I like all of his movies, but Clerks is the one that truly stood out.

Protoclown Jul 25th, 2006 02:03 PM

Clerks 2 definitely lived up to the original. It was funny as shit!

ArrowX Aug 17th, 2006 12:09 AM

bump

this movie was hilarious, I'm just sad that it will be quoted to death like every good comedy move.

The Pillowpants sequence is beatiful.

Ninjavenom Aug 17th, 2006 03:14 PM

The only people who hate movie quoting are the people who don't have friends to do it with.

Rez Aug 17th, 2006 04:10 PM

unless it's austin powers.
we still have to wait at least another 5 years before quoting that movie is funny again, and even then only ironically.

maggiekarp Aug 17th, 2006 06:11 PM

Is that bait for someone to say "OH BEHAVE 8B" because I'll have not of that, mister >:

I liked this movie, it was a good movie. Felt like a good end to the Clerks story (this includes cartoon and comics because I am a mega nerd for Kevin Smith :()

sadie Aug 18th, 2006 10:07 PM

we saw it the other night and thought it was hilarious. i'm a big kevin smith fan (love all of 'em :(), but my kevin usually gets irritated with, especially, the jay and silent bob schtick. not this time. he thought it was great.

Zomboid Aug 19th, 2006 06:08 AM

You're still a dyke, sadie.

executioneer Aug 19th, 2006 07:32 AM

what the hell was that for, dude

Zomboid Aug 19th, 2006 02:05 PM

I called her that for a long time, jokingly, about 2 years ago. I came home from a party hammered and for some reason I decided to browse the forums and that popped into my head.

It looks a little mean now that I see it :(