I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

MLE Nov 4th, 2010 07:30 PM

It was so goddamn good.

replicant Nov 4th, 2010 08:55 PM

Tom Yum Gai and Drunken Noodles (i.e. Thai) mmmm!

kahljorn Nov 5th, 2010 07:23 AM

ive been wanting to try drunken noodles are those good?

IM AFRAID OF NEW THINGS

Kitsa Nov 5th, 2010 05:20 PM

Finished my first assignment as a chocolate taste-tester and it was fucking AWESOME.

It's Friday, so I baked challah this morning and stuck a roast in the crock pot with red wine, garlic, carrots and potatoes. The house smells great.

I'm liking this particular challah recipe because it doesn't have to be kneaded. It's also great bread because you just pull off a chunk and it's like a dinner roll...you don't have to slice it and deal with the crumbs.

Fathom Zero Nov 5th, 2010 05:24 PM

Sesame chicken

replicant Nov 6th, 2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 703015)
ive been wanting to try drunken noodles are those good?

IM AFRAID OF NEW THINGS

Well, I like drunken noodles but you might want to be sure how spicy you want them. I get mild. I am just not a hot foods person and I know it goes against Thai food. However, even the mild has a bit of spicyness.

I don't know how the restaurant near you makes it but I got the chicken kind. Here's the description of the dish: "Fresh thick rice noodles stir-fried with fresh chili pepper, onion, red & green peppers basil leaves, and your choice of beef, pork, or chicken"

If you are a Thai newb, get mild and work yourself up. I would advise against green curries unless you want a shock to your mouth. My husband loves green curries.

I recommend Pad Thai - very basic and not hot at all. Drunken noodles are great but get mild so you can judge the heat of the restaurant's dishes.

Never order ped ped or Thai hot because that means make it hot and some restaurants go overboard.

Here's a picture if you are curious (I am one of those silly people that snap their food):

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2010 02:55 PM

Looks beautiful.

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2010 02:58 PM

My god, I almost puked in a chinese restaurant today.

They're hazardous when you are allergic to shellfish because you never know what's going to have crab or shrimp in it. The buffet is dangerous because people drop stuff that has seafood into other stuff, so I try to order off the menu if I have to go to a chinese place. Even then it's not a given that you'll be safe.

Anyway, I ordered a healthy dish off the menu and the waitress was all "OK YOU WANT CHICKEN, CHICKEN YES" and I was even pointing to the fucking chinese on the menu by what I wanted, and she kept shaking her head and going to the back of the menu where it said WHITE MEAT CHICKEN LUNCH. Finally I figured she must be saying it's the same thing as the grilled chicken and veggies I wanted, so I nodded yes, fine.

Then she was all "FRY RICE WHITE RICE OKAY", so I told her white rice. She came back with the biggest fucking plate of hideous deep-fried chicken fat chunks I have ever seen. The oil smelled rancid. It was accompanied by a greasy pile of pork fried rice and there was some crab rangoon balanced on top of it all.

When I tried to tell them it wasn't what I wanted, they said "OK YOU HAPPY ENJOY" and then went off and fought with each other by the buffet.

I learned my lesson, after trying to eat that greasy pile of shit. From now on, just going to take my chances with the buffet.

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2010 03:21 PM

I would've left. And it's been a while since I've eaten at a legit Chinese joint. All the stuff they make around here comes out of boxes or jugs and reheated. Ironically, some of the best Chinese food I've eaten has come from podunk Lawton, Oklahoma in a place that was probably more Korean than anything else.

Honestly, since I've been able to make fried rice and teriyaki meats at home, I haven't been back.

My fave is sukiyaki. And I put some oyster sauce in my rice, but it tastes good without, Kitsa.

kahljorn Nov 8th, 2010 12:07 AM

i get thai food all the time but i usually just get green or yellow curry and pad thai, cause im afraid to try anything else. though one time i got this crazy seafood soup thing :O

drunken noodles look alllriiiiiggghhhttt...

replicant Nov 8th, 2010 01:12 AM

If I can help it, I won't eat at any Chinese takeaways. Cheap cuts of meat, lots of oil, lots of sugar. It's just gross. I would rather eat at P.F. Changs and yeah I know it isn't a true Chinese restaurant but rather Fusion but at least you get better cuts of meat and more veggies. Hopefully there are some Chinese restaurants elsewhere that are doing it up right for the others.

I like Korean Bulgogi. I can eat Kimchi. There are only 2 Korean restaurants in my city and they are ok. I make my own bulgogi. I am hopefully going to start making my own Kimchi because the stuff in the jar just sits too long and gets sour. I don't really sour Kimchi. I like it fresh.

executioneer Nov 8th, 2010 01:26 AM

homemade rosemary and cheese sourdough english muffin

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2010 01:37 AM

I made scones with raspberry jam the other day. Tres fantastique.

Tadao Nov 8th, 2010 03:37 AM

Most people don't know what fresh meat tastes like. I'm sure P.F. Changs serves you top notch meat. :rolleyes

MarioRPG Nov 8th, 2010 12:29 PM

I'm eating bagel bites with buffalo sauce on it.

Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2010 12:43 PM

cold pizza and old beer = breakfast of not champions

ChrisGlass Nov 8th, 2010 10:10 PM

Teddy Grahams! Honey!

Kitsa Nov 9th, 2010 08:24 AM

abuelita hot chocolate and about to get my english muffin out of the toaster.

captain516 Nov 10th, 2010 12:13 AM

I've been trying to eat veterinarian for a while now, so I made bean burritos. They're really good.

replicant Nov 10th, 2010 01:08 AM

Kitsa Nov 10th, 2010 08:22 AM

Went to a mexican restaurant yesterday and they had VELVEETA in the cheese enchiladas. :(

elx Nov 10th, 2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 703527)
I've been trying to eat veterinarian for a while now, so I made bean burritos. They're really good.

i imagine beans would go real well with those latex gloves

Esuohlim Nov 11th, 2010 02:08 PM

Raisin Bran Crunch and my raisins taste like soap >:

Zhukov Nov 12th, 2010 09:24 AM

I found a drink ("soda") that's supposed to be sarsaparilla, but instead tastes like bitumen. Very strange, and not all bad.

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2010 03:17 PM

I went from hating hummus less than a month ago to eating it almost every day. :eek

It's replaced salad dressed for me