I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My Big News!!!! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23589)

doopa Jan 17th, 2007 02:51 PM

My Big News!!!!

Hey guys. Big news for me. I got my own gallery show for my art out here. :posh It's going to be in June. This is very exciting for me. It wouldn't have happened if not for poppers620 because I have always been too whimpy to show people my work and try getting a show myself. Poppers620 is volunteering at a gallery and showed the owner my site. He liked my work so I assembled some balls for myself and went in to talk to him. And that's the story.
Anyway, Rog or I will be posting more about it (time/date/location) when it gets closer for anyone who lives out here that might wanna go.
I will be there all night to slap people on their backs and call them "chum". So don't miss out.
Also I have a myspace now. I will try to use this to make announcements about art things now and then. www.myspace.com/strangepuppets
And can one of you crazy myspace nerds possibly tell me how to get rid of the frookin white border near where people make comments, and were it says "contacting" "interests" and "details"
stupid sunofabitch myspace.

Ok guys that's it!
:squigly

mburbank Jan 17th, 2007 03:16 PM

Huge, huge, HUGE congratulations!

My childhood best friend lives out your way and is an aspiring art guy, and I shall send him and his wife your way when the time comes. I only wish I could go myself.

sadie Jan 17th, 2007 03:23 PM

that's awesome! someone will have to take lots of photos to post.

Dole Jan 17th, 2007 03:30 PM

Fantastic Doopa! hearty congrats. make sure you stick some highly exorbitant prices on yer works.

Cosmo Electrolux Jan 17th, 2007 03:41 PM

Congrats Doopa!!!

Grislygus Jan 17th, 2007 03:43 PM

Holy shit, congrats. I want to say more, but I don't have all that much to say.

Other than "post lots and lots of pictures, because art shows are awesome," of course.

FartinMowler Jan 17th, 2007 04:03 PM

Well, if you stuff is going to sell it's going to be in LA :/ congradulations

J. Tithonus Pednaud Jan 17th, 2007 07:27 PM

Very cool, congrats.

I took a look at the site www.strangepuppets.com - love it.

Until recently I was the director of a gallery in Toronto, now I am a artist agent and the people I represent rather unique doll makers, prop makers and even taxidermists.

I'll add you to my MySpace top 8 - a lot of eclectic artists frequent my site. You should really take advantage of the networking available on MySpace. I use it a lot in successfully promoting the artists I represent.

http://www.myspace.com/leviticus1928

Oh, and putting <Z> into those sections make them disappear.

noob3 Jan 17th, 2007 07:44 PM

My mom use to be in a gallery but she quit because she said she didn't like the other old bags in the gallery true story :x

Do you ever/plan to go to any art festivals? My mom did one in San Diego I believe but usually just around OK :/

Misdemonar Jan 17th, 2007 07:48 PM

grats

Jixby Phillips Jan 17th, 2007 11:45 PM

great news an authoritah good job

your picture, it hits many fans

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 18th, 2007 12:14 AM

Congrats!

Dire Flamingo Jan 18th, 2007 01:25 AM

Congrats! :) I sent you an add because I like your drawings and that's what the kids are doing these days.

doopa Jan 18th, 2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mburbank
Huge, huge, HUGE congratulations!

My childhood best friend lives out your way and is an aspiring art guy, and I shall send him and his wife your way when the time comes. I only wish I could go myself.

Thanks Max. And yes please do since I worry only 3 people will show up. Someday you and I will have a joint show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dole
Fantastic Doopa! hearty congrats. make sure you stick some highly exorbitant prices on yer works..

Thank you very much. I will spit on everyone who walks through the door then wait until the right time to throw a tantrum and run out yelling "nobody GETS me"

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud
Very cool, congrats.

I took a look at the site www.strangepuppets.com - love it.

Until recently I was the director of a gallery in Toronto, now I am a artist agent and the people I represent rather unique doll makers, prop makers and even taxidermists.

I'll add you to my MySpace top 8 - a lot of eclectic artists frequent my site. You should really take advantage of the networking available on MySpace. I use it a lot in successfully promoting the artists I represent.

http://www.myspace.com/leviticus1928

Oh, and putting <Z> into those sections make them disappear...

Thanks very much! This the gallery I will be having the show at: hyaenagallery.com. Seriously thanks for the myspace add. I know that somehow myspace is really helpful for people trying to do promotions which is why I am trying to set up on there. I hate myspace a lot though, so I have been doing it grudgingly. And I'm still having trouble quite understanding how to use it. I finally fixed some crap on my page tonight though.

Btw you have an interesting site. Ever been to the Mutter Museum in Phladelphia? If not I highly recommend a visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob3
My mom use to be in a gallery but she quit because she said she didn't like the other old bags in the gallery true story

Do you ever/plan to go to any art festivals? My mom did one in San Diego I believe but usually just around OK

I've thought about doing things like local fairs/meets where they sell stuff like punk crafts. I know there are some cool poster art festivals and stuff like that. Maybe sometime..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Flamingo
Congrats! I sent you an add because I like your drawings and that's what the kids are doing these days.

Much thanks, I'm very lonely and it's good of you to try and take care of the elderly
:themoreyouknow

And thanks also to everyone else for the congrats

Ninjavenom Jan 18th, 2007 09:08 PM

grats, Doops!

AChimp Jan 18th, 2007 11:30 PM

Congrats Doopa!

When are you going to make that cyborg monkey painting I commissioned you for like 5 years ago?

Dr. V Jan 19th, 2007 01:23 AM

When and where and I'll try to be there :P

Protoclown Jan 19th, 2007 01:36 AM

Congrats again, Re! I want to come see you guys SOMEtime this year, so maybe I'll try to schedule my trip so that I can go to the show! Something to think about anyway...

executioneer Jan 19th, 2007 04:48 AM

maybe someone should schedule a certain meet around that time ;(

deAdeNdz Jan 19th, 2007 08:38 AM

hell yeah! that is good news! i still have 4 of your older prints hanging in my apartment ...everyone always says "woah who made that?!?! that's cool"

good work

peace out

doopa Jan 20th, 2007 02:37 PM

Thanks again everyone!

ps. Willy - you are brilliant

liquidstatik Jan 20th, 2007 02:42 PM

i added you :x

p.s. i've always liked your paintings ;o

noob3 Jan 22nd, 2007 04:11 PM

dump rog, doopa! this way you can just flirt with the really rich guys & they'll buy your paintings for overbloated amounts to hopefully inch closer into your panties

he's only holding you down!!

theapportioner Jan 22nd, 2007 07:57 PM

Congrats Re, so happy for you :)

sspadowsky Jan 22nd, 2007 09:18 PM

All of the positive sentiments that all the other people have expressed are things that I also feel and would like to extend to you.

I'm going to buy more of your stuff while it's still cheap.