I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Shrubfest Oct 16th, 2012 12:00 PM

Well. After years of considering the food in the land of spray cheese to surely be horrifying, I just made American pancakes. I now understand a whole aspect of US culture which was previously a mystery to me.

They were lovely.
Fuck British pancakes.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 12:17 PM

I can only imagine that British Pancakes are thin, anaemic slabs of sadness.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 01:11 PM

I hope you don't want to be skinny.

Shrubfest Oct 16th, 2012 01:38 PM

British pancakes are more like crepes, but without the sugar syrup.
We have scotch pancakes which are more like American ones, but they tend to be either plain or raisin, and usually eaten cold or toasted.

I am regretting them a bit now, I feel a bit of indigestion.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 02:13 PM

live long and poop well

I just finished two corned beef, sauerkraut, and provolone sandwiches on toasted potato bread. Now I'm off to Judo.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 02:38 PM

As long as it isn't Bisquick then you might live.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 02:45 PM

Hungry Jack mix is where it's at.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 02:50 PM

Trader Joes Salmonella free formula 5!

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 03:03 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrl, if there were a Trader Joes around me, I'd forsake pancakes and load up on Gorilla Munch.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 03:11 PM

Hah, go figure that I love the Panda peanut butter Enviro kids gluten free cereal.

Shrubfest Oct 16th, 2012 03:16 PM

Oh. Maybe I was wrong about the understanding American pancakes thing.

I made mine from ingredients.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 03:19 PM

So do we, but our ingredients are put together for us and we add water and heat. Also other thing.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 03:22 PM

There is a restaurant called Norms in Cali. L.A. and they makle the best shortstacks. I don't know how far across America they spread but their shit is yummy. Since gluten fucks me up I can't eat them and I recently learned that dinners add pancake batter to scrambled eggs for flavor and filler. Now I have to get my eggs over easy without toast. Fucking dinners and their wheat in everything ideas.

Babs Oct 16th, 2012 06:59 PM

I hear at Costco they have $5 vasectomies and they ARE gluten free.

Dimnos Oct 17th, 2012 10:30 AM

Shrub, do you guys have IHOP over there?

Tadao Oct 17th, 2012 11:17 AM

WELL IT IS INTERNATIONAL :rolleyes

Dimnos Oct 17th, 2012 01:18 PM

She was supposed to respond before you jumped in with that.

Tadao Oct 17th, 2012 01:31 PM

HOW DO YOU KNOW I'M NOT A HOT ENGLISH PIXIE CUT TEASE?

Shrubfest Oct 17th, 2012 02:48 PM

We know because IHOP isn't in the UK. I went to 'The Pancake House' on holiday once. I expect that was a knock-off version. It was mostly weird.

Tadao Oct 17th, 2012 02:50 PM

Yeah but you loved my pork sauce. :wink

Zomboid Oct 17th, 2012 04:30 PM

Ritz Bits mini sandwiches. Fawk yeah, bros.

Kitsa Oct 17th, 2012 05:10 PM

Wrong, you're all wrong.

This is God's Own pancake recipe.

Mike Tobacco Oct 28th, 2012 06:57 PM

I'm eating KFC Dip'ems. Now, I don't typically eat fast food, but if push comes to shove I will grab some fried chicken or order a pizza. The chicken strips themselves are standard KFC-fare, but these new sauces are pretty shitty.

There's this Creamy Buffalo sauce, which is poorly named and has this radioactive orange color that isn't found in nature. And there's an Orange Ginger flavor which was so bad after the first try I seriously thought I tasted it wrong. A second try only proved that my tastebuds were indeed working correctly. Finally there's the Bacon Ranch sauce, that looks and tastes how you'd expect, but had the psychological side-effect of reminding me how unhealthy this whole affair has been.

dextire Nov 7th, 2012 06:16 PM

Chicken noodle soup made from scratch. It turned out way better than I thought it would.

And I'm drinking from this way too normal looking can.
Dragonfruit Pepsi!

After assuming "PepsiX" was just a slightly redesigned can for the X factor show, a closer inspection reveled that it was actually Dragonfruit flavored Pepsi!
And while it's tasty stuff, it really doesn't taste like Pepsi at all. It's very fruity, and somewhat floral.

Aaarg Dec 7th, 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 762942)
Oh. Maybe I was wrong about the understanding American pancakes thing.

I made mine from ingredients.

hm which ingredients?

this one?

oh, maybe this one

also thin pancakes are where it's at. put all your ingredients together and add too much milk. all right.