I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Esuohlim Apr 22nd, 2012 03:34 AM

I scrambled some eggs with one turkey meatball and some hot sauce and put that on a hamburger bun because I'm pretty poor these days :(

All Hail Duke Apr 22nd, 2012 10:31 AM

had a cheese danish for breakfast

Kitsa Apr 23rd, 2012 05:59 PM

Curried tofu (pretty fucking good- has scrambled egg texture without eggy taste) and stir fried bell peppers/onions/bok choy in corn tortillas

All Hail Duke Apr 24th, 2012 12:04 AM

had a chilli dog and a strawberry shake from weinerschnitzel

Kitsa Jun 3rd, 2012 12:00 AM

Arugula salad with pear slices and warm red quinoa, topped with homemade dijon vinaigrette ( 2 tsp dijon, 1 tsp balsamic, 1 tsp red wine, 1 tsp honey or agave, 1 tsp water), fresh fruit on the side. The dressing and the pear tone the arugula way down.

It was from a recipe in the Happy Herbivore Everyday cookbook, out of which I've tried 7 meals with no duds so far.

Fathom Zero Jun 3rd, 2012 12:04 AM

RIBS.

FOUR RACKS.

AND CORN.

Kitsa Jun 3rd, 2012 12:09 AM

I went to a Strawberry Festival west of here. There were strawberry burritos, strawberry cannoli, strawberry salsa, strawberry bbq sauce, deep fried strawberries, all manner of strawberry pastries, strawberry drinks, etc etc etc.

I didn't get any of the strawberry stuff because I went one year and saw behind a food tent that they were just cracking open store boxes of berries and throwing them right in the food without washing them, and that freaked me right the hell out.

I almost got a donut but then I saw they were like red velvet cake and that's got an entire bottle of red food color in it so I didn't do that either :(

Fathom Zero Jun 3rd, 2012 12:22 AM

maaaaaaaaaaan red's good for you

Kitsa Jun 9th, 2012 07:27 PM

Tried Kashi's Mayan Pasta Bake. It was ok. It was a fried plantain and some pumpkin seeds on top of a sort of casserole of polenta, quinoa, black beans, sweet potato and enchilada sauce. It tasted better than it looked; frozen stuff always looks like a train wreck compared to what's on the box.

kahljorn Jun 10th, 2012 12:58 AM

im surprised that tasted good

im more surprised that you saw that list of ingredients and thought it sounded good together :O

Kitsa Jun 10th, 2012 01:06 AM

When you cut stuff out of your diet you'd be surprised at what starts sounding good. If you spice vegan stuff right, it's pretty good, pretty complex. Pretty much the only flavors meat has going for it are...what, salt and fat, basically.

And I was mistaken about the name- it was Mayan Harvest Bake. The plaintains had a golden-brown coating and it looked, at first glance, like chicken on a bed of rice.

kahljorn Jun 10th, 2012 03:14 AM

"salt and fat, basically."

but those are basically the only good flavors

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2012 03:22 AM

I CONCUR

FAT IS AN EXCELLENT VECTOR FOR FLAVOR

Kitsa Jun 10th, 2012 08:14 AM

Eh, I just had to take a whole class on the neurological perception of "yumminess" based on caloric density of foods because biologically we're lazy fucks who want the biggest bang for our buck.

Fat is 4,000 calories a pound, pretty much, regardless of type. Salad greens are 100 calories a pound.

kahljorn Jun 10th, 2012 11:25 AM

I DONT THINK THATS WHAT MAKES FAT delicious

Kitsa Jun 10th, 2012 01:16 PM

Then enlighten me please

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2012 02:31 PM

If that was true, 20 veggie burgers would be delicious

But I would rather eat some ham.

Kitsa Jun 10th, 2012 04:10 PM

Not so, because eating 20 veggie burgers would require effort, and what we want is least effort for most reward.

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2012 04:15 PM

exactly, the most flavor per pound

fat

Esuohlim Jun 10th, 2012 07:53 PM

Then a stick of butter or a bowl of mayonnaise would sound amazing.

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2012 08:23 PM

There's a lot of fats out there and there's not just fat in those.

Those are gross.

kahljorn Jun 10th, 2012 08:23 PM

but a stick uf butter can becomecookies and a bowl of mayonaisse can become some kind of salad

also fat is delicious because all of those little animals scurry around eating their favorite foods and save the best parts for later, which is what we're eating
;)

Kitsa Jun 10th, 2012 09:54 PM

or you could look at it as getting your nutrients secondhand

thirdhand if they feed the livestock animal meal

kahljorn Jun 10th, 2012 10:16 PM

the animals cooked u a treat inside of their bodies and now you enjoy it or else >:

Kitsa Jun 10th, 2012 10:18 PM

I'm ok, but you go ahead.

Yesterday I watched that Hutterite show on NatGeo and they shot a cow in the face :tear