I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Esuohlim Jun 11th, 2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 759696)
shot a cow in the face :tear

lol hey kahl this reminds of a certain scene from a certain movie ;)

kahljorn Jun 11th, 2012 01:08 AM

i like how cows bring tears to her eyes but not the gentle face of brad pitt

Kitsa Jun 11th, 2012 04:19 AM

It is what it is

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2012 04:34 AM

what if a cow became brad pitt

Kitsa Jun 11th, 2012 06:47 AM

I'm going to go on the record and say I wouldn't eat either of them.

Kitsa Jul 10th, 2012 01:51 PM

Peanut butter peppers and brown rice. My kid ate kale chips. She's a sport.

Kitsa Jul 26th, 2012 08:13 AM

Homemade rum raisin cake with uncooked rum in the icing. Shit gives you a solid buzz.

Colonel Flagg Aug 1st, 2012 01:50 PM

Meatball parm with a diet root beer.

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2012 09:45 PM

Tried to make my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses.

Failed at making my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses. :tear

That salad was painful.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2012 03:37 AM

hahahaha

Vanilla shake, bby

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 760749)
Tried to make my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses.

Failed at making my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses. :tear

That salad was painful.

haha
how did you make it?
fresh ginger is hellish

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 07:55 AM

I basically used this recipe, and I might have gotten myself in trouble trying to sub for the oil (I am trying to get rid of any excess oil, stopped cooking with oil, etc). I used unsweetened applesauce in place of oil, and all I had were red onions, so that might have made a difference.

It didn't say exactly how much ginger root "a peeled piece" was, so I might have used more of that than it called for, too.

idk, in comparison to the original I would say it was...

less "umami"
not as garlicky
too tomato-y
too sweet
burned with the fire of a thousand hells

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 12:40 PM

tbh i think the secret to the restaurant ginger stuff is they cook it or they let the vinegar make it soft (pickled?) or they used jarred ginger. It really has the consistency of the ginger in a jar kinda. Fresh ginger will never taste the way it does in the restaurant. Fresh ginger is all fibrous and extremely hot and has that taste like those wetnaps they give you at steak houses

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 12:48 PM

I agree with you about the jarred ginger, and I will do that next time. I usually use the pureed ginger in a tube because it cooks way faster- I have a Japanese ginger grater but it eats the hell out of my hands if I slip.

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 12:55 PM

Or pink pickled sushi ginger, that could be it

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 01:39 PM

it could be that. If you just let the ginger soak in some vinegar for a while it should soften it up and help to "cook" it. i dunno though that stuff is delicious.
Also i think it has orange juice in it but maybe thats just from the vinegar

also my parents found a storebought ginger dressing that tastes fairly similar to the one in restaurants. Ill see if i can find the name

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 04:41 PM

if it's Makoto, that's what I'm trying to duplicate. Shit's $4 a bottle.

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 06:59 PM

Right now I'm drinking an awesome thing that tastes like a chocolate milkshake but is not.

It's a chopped up frozen banana, a squeeze of agave nectar, about a cup of almond milk and two spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powder in a blender. Sometimes I add a spoonful of peanut butter, but I was feeling fat today so I didn't.

Otherwise, this stuff is great.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2012 07:24 PM

Made Jim Beam barbecue sauce.

yummmmmmmmmm

Esuohlim Aug 4th, 2012 08:13 PM

I went to Chinatown today and got some pineapple shrimp fried rice

I have never seen so many people using umbrellas on a sunny day. Is this a stereotype? It should be

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2012 08:47 PM

sun burns, bro

are you not pale enough to notice?

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF US

Guitar Woman Aug 9th, 2012 02:14 PM

Drankin' a watermelon Four Loko because I'm falling down dead tired and also wanted some booze.

It's fucking horrifying. It tastes like a Jolly Rancher covered in salt, and also like how a men's bathroom smells. Never again.

Kitsa Aug 9th, 2012 05:57 PM

Red potatoes sauteed with baby bella mushrooms and fresh green beans in thyme and garlic; cauliflower seasoned with pepper, turmeric and garam masala; broccoli with ginger sauce.

Aaarg Aug 13th, 2012 12:49 PM

i'd been good about not eating meat for a few weeks but yesterday somebody gave us a bunch of tomatoes and we had blt wraps because goddammit... blts are good.

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2012 01:42 PM

I use Morningstar farms bacon and do blts on whole grain English muffins.