I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   My Favorite Things About The Original Clash Of The Titans! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704458)

MockBot Apr 3rd, 2010 01:54 AM

My Favorite Things About The Original Clash Of The Titans!

Automatically generated comment thread for My Favorite Things About The Original Clash Of The Titans!.

Ozzie Apr 3rd, 2010 02:06 AM

Glad to see somebody's got the balls to tell it like it is. Claymation > CGI.

Babs Apr 3rd, 2010 02:08 AM

I remember seeing this when I was a little one and Medusa scarring my for life. I couldn't look at some one for years without the assistance of a mirror.

Pentegarn Apr 3rd, 2010 02:29 AM

I always wondered though, why is it when Medusa's head in a bag bleeds on the ground, scorpions pop up, but when she gets decapitated and that river of blood bursts forth, nothing appears at all

Hanglyman Apr 3rd, 2010 03:11 AM

I really, really need to rent this again. It's been years.

Viteh Apr 3rd, 2010 03:29 AM

I'm surprised you didn't mention the skeleton army fight scene. That was easily one of my favorite scenes in the movie, and one of the most complicated stop motion scenes I have seen.

Copper Apr 3rd, 2010 07:02 AM

Medusa used to scare the crap out of me as a kid. I remember hiding my face in a pillow whenever they'd show *her* face on screen because she could turn you to stone, you know! Every time I've watched this, I've always wondered what they could do with it with "modern" special effects. Guess I'll get to find out soon...

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 3rd, 2010 08:58 AM

I got excited and thought Hanglyman was Pacman :(

Skeleton fight scene is the best part of the movie.

Julio Apr 3rd, 2010 12:12 PM

Actually, something FAR more awesome would be having Mickey train Perseus before his battles.

Meekrat Apr 3rd, 2010 04:01 PM

Wasn't the skeleton fight scene in "Jason and the Argonauts"?

Mockery Apr 3rd, 2010 04:32 PM

Meekrat - Yep, that's one o' the things Jason and the Argonauts is famous for. I think they're just confusing the two films.

The Leader Apr 3rd, 2010 05:02 PM

THEY'RE BLASPHEMERS

Tetsu Deinonychus Apr 3rd, 2010 05:29 PM

Actually, there are robots in Greek mythology. For example, there was Talos. Also, Hephaestus had a private robot army.

Yes, Greek mythology is friggin' awesome!

darkvare Apr 3rd, 2010 06:28 PM

i got this in blu ray it comes with a cool art book also in a fun fact the actor who plays perseus also plays perseus in god of war 2

The Leader Apr 3rd, 2010 09:52 PM

Who wants to bet darkvare didn't read the article? :O

Blackdrazon Apr 3rd, 2010 10:34 PM

In the myths, Medusa's blood did turn into a bunch of completely random things, but why would the movie start listening to the myths now? Besides, like Pentegarn said, it's not like the blood did anything when it came out of her neck.

All Hail Duke Apr 3rd, 2010 11:51 PM

they remade Medusa and of course it was ridiculous

took the eerie, tension filled scene from this and turned it into a horrid, video game sam worthington can't act shenanigans fest

darkvare Apr 3rd, 2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 679505)
Who wants to bet darkvare didn't read the article? :O

i always read them after posting and if i recall correctly this is an old article

MeowMixMaster Apr 4th, 2010 02:04 AM

As always you never dissapoint with youru top ten list RoG but there's one scene that should have made this list. That being when the head of Thetis's statue comes falling off freaking everybody out and comes to live demanding that Andromeda's little virgin ass gets sacrificed to the kraken or else she get's medival on Joppa. That scene never fails to crack me up. :p

HowardC Apr 4th, 2010 02:17 AM

Just another fun fact.... The nes classic Kid Icarus steals so much from this film that it isn't even funny. The most notable ones are the fact that on the last level Pit is also given three gifts, only they make it more blatent by making the shield a mirror shield. And then you go on to fight... you guessed it, a giant medusa head!

Of course the film steals a lot from greek mythology as well, so who knows which was the inspiration for the game.

And yeah... the greek gods had robots. But hell the greeks themselves had robots!

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Techno...nology003.html

Like our own culture, they had various mechanial toys in human form and although they weren't life-like in the least, much like our own culture, when it came time to write fiction, they imagined more complicated devices that were essentially living mechanial men.

People ignore the fact that the ancient world rivaled our own on a lot of levels. Take away electricity and the internal combustion engine and we are basically still where they were way back then!

Nick Apr 4th, 2010 07:18 AM

I adore greek mythology.

megakungfujesus Apr 4th, 2010 08:04 AM

I love Clash of the Titans. It's been one of my favorite movies since I was a little kid. I haven't seen the remake, but I'm sure it won't be as good.

saturnknight Apr 4th, 2010 08:48 AM

looks like something i'd look at anyways. to compare the new one to it.... kind of like the Dawn of the dead movies.... or that new remake to Return of the living dead...... super zombies with a Gatling gun grafted on them does NOT make the m super if they fall after one shot. Nemesis was a super zombie and the movies messed that one up too!!!

Tetsu Deinonychus Apr 4th, 2010 12:30 PM

HowardC--You nailed it!

BTW did you ever look at the ancient middle eastern robots?

The Leader Apr 4th, 2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 679523)
i always read them after posting and if i recall correctly this is an old article

God bless you, sir.