I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fat Kids........ (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704581)

TheCoolinator May 3rd, 2010 10:12 AM

Fat Kids........

Quote:

Widespread use of the sweetener fructose may be directly responsible for some of the ongoing increase in rates of childhood diabetes and obesity, according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of California-Davis and published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.

Fructose is a sugar that naturally occurs in low amounts in fruits and vegetables, making up as much as 5 to 10 percent of any given fruit by weight. In 1971, however, scientists discovered a way to synthesize a cheap syrup composed of 55 percent fructose and 45 percent glucose. Because normal table sugar is composed of only 50 percent fructose and 50 percent glucose, the sweetener was dubbed "high fructose corn syrup" (HFCS) and quickly became the most popular sweetener in the U.S. food and beverage industry.

HFCS is six times sweeter than sugar and costs only half as much.

Researchers put 16 volunteers on a controlled diet, supplemented with either fructose (derived from corn) or glucose. After 10 weeks, both groups of participants had gained equal amounts of weight. Participants in the fructose group, however, showed an increase of fat cells around major organs including their hearts and livers, and also underwent metabolic changes that are precursors to heart disease and diabetes.

"This is the first evidence we have that fructose increases diabetes and heart disease independently from causing simple weight gain," lead researcher Kimber Stanhope said. "We didn't see any of these changes in the people eating glucose."

The effect seems to occur because fructose is not broken down in the digestive system like other sugars are. Instead, it moves directly into the liver, where it interferes with that organ's ability to process fat.

The researchers noted that over the long term, participants on the fructose diet would also have gained more weight.

Health professionals agree that everyone could stand to cut back on their sugar intake.

"Historically, we never consumed much sugar," said Barry Popkin of the University of North Carolina, and a health policy adviser for the U.S. government. "We're not built to process it."

http://www.naturalnews.com/028698_fr..._diabetes.html

Nothing makes me angrier then a sweaty, over weight, wheezing, fat kid.......STOP EATING!

Zhukov May 3rd, 2010 12:30 PM

If you stop eating then you die.

Dimnos May 3rd, 2010 12:33 PM

I smell a death panel rationing out nutrition. >:

RaNkeri May 3rd, 2010 12:47 PM

I'm having hard time understanding why you are quoting the article in your post.

Colonel Flagg May 3rd, 2010 02:39 PM

It's because he hates you, RannyK. :\

Tadao May 3rd, 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 582114)
You're so fucking fat Rankeri seriously

My lady and I were talking about it and she said she saw a fat American survey just recently that was really really depressing. It went from the 80's till now. There was a super huge jump in the 90's and then in the 2000's they had to add another color to the chart cause Americans got even fatter on a higher average.

This isn't wholly the fault of the younger generations though. This has everything to do with my generation an up making a lot of money on pushing a lazy lifestyle.

Pentegarn May 3rd, 2010 05:56 PM

I blame chili spaghetti

But if it weren't so damn delicious I wouldn't eat so much of it

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 683653)
they had to add another color to the chart cause Americans got even fatter on a higher average.

:lol:lol:lol

Pentegarn May 3rd, 2010 06:25 PM

captain516 May 3rd, 2010 08:56 PM

Kids are lazy these days, is all. That and over protective parents won't let them do anything fun.

Evil Robot May 3rd, 2010 09:02 PM

coolinater thank you for pointing out that fat people are unhealthy I didnt know that until you copy and pasted again.
BTW when are you going to realize that you are a tool?

Esuohlim May 3rd, 2010 09:44 PM

Kids are lazy because video games are way more fucking fun than going outside any day.

mew barios May 3rd, 2010 11:27 PM

there were tons of times i had to go play outside as a kid because if those damn rocket ninjas in ninja gaiden killed me one more freaking time i was gonna go murder everyone i ever cared about

Blasted Child May 4th, 2010 03:40 AM

I just want to pop in and say that Jethro Tull is an awesome band.

Esuohlim May 4th, 2010 07:07 AM

Yeah if you like homos playing flutes. Get out of here, fatty

Zhukov May 4th, 2010 07:10 AM

You have to post more, Blasted Child.

Also, I am pretty sure that 8 out of ten of the world's most overweight countries are in Australasia and the South Pacific. :picklehat Suck that America.

Pentegarn May 4th, 2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 683692)
Yeah if you like homos playing flutes. Get out of here, fatty

Wait, what's wrong with homos playing flutes?

Esuohlim May 4th, 2010 08:51 AM

Nothing I like Jethro Tull too ;_;

TheCoolinator May 4th, 2010 08:55 AM

I think there would be less fat kids out there if we made them all do the Truffle Shuffle once or twice a day in front of large groups of people.

Shrubfest May 4th, 2010 10:28 AM

I don't get why people say it's the fault of gaming.

Yes, they sit and do no excercise, but surely they won't be consuming anything either? How do you eat marshmallow pizzas whilst going on a raid?
Thoughts please.

Zhukov May 4th, 2010 10:49 AM

Raid is WoW right? Anyway, you eat by shoving the lower part of your face into the bowl of food your mother balanced on the computer desk next to you, leaving your hands and eyes free to game.

TheCoolinator May 4th, 2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 683722)
marshmallow pizzas

Thoughts please.

Sounds delicious.

But I think the article is alledging that it's do to artificial / High Fructose corn syrup based sweetners that have too high a fructose or glucose level thus making the kids tubby. Not video games. Even though it may contribute to the tubby-ness.

Tadao May 4th, 2010 12:47 PM

Shut the fuck up Coolie, she was making a joke. Are you really that fucking stupid? I guess you are.

Hey Coolie, you know who else needs to go outside and get some exercise?

Fathom Zero May 4th, 2010 12:50 PM

LOUIE ANDERTHON

TheCoolinator May 4th, 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 683755)
Shut the fuck up Coolie, she was making a joke. Are you really that fucking stupid? I guess you are.

Hey Coolie, you know who else needs to go outside and get some exercise?

So this is what you're using your new Mod powers for? Giving me warnings for no reason.

:lol

Saw that coming from a mile away. I wonder what Mod is going to give you a warning for cursing, putting people down, and adding nothing to the forum as a whole...:lol:lol:lol Let's just say I won't hold my breath.