I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2009 Remake for friday the 13th. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700507)

foolfighter009 Sep 3rd, 2008 07:15 PM

2009 Remake for friday the 13th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_(2009_film) Anyone else hear about it? All we need now is a remake of Nightmare on Elm Str. and Halloween, plus a new Evil Dead movie and I would be happy as could be!!! Well if they're able to make Freddy vs. Jason 2 [They are still thinking about it so it may happen] I'd be happy still.

Tadao Sep 3rd, 2008 07:39 PM

They are remaking Nightmare on Elm Street and they already remade Halloween, you're fucking stupid. Quit posting already.

Ploxtrot Sep 3rd, 2008 08:17 PM

I'd like to see whether it dethrones Disaster Movie at the top of the worst-list.

foolfighter009 Sep 3rd, 2008 08:22 PM

They say they're gonna make Jason like Rambo [lead people into traps]..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

darkvare Sep 4th, 2008 12:15 AM

if its the first one they are remaking jason wasn't even it

Mockery Sep 4th, 2008 02:10 AM

While I have my obvious doubts about how it will be, I do like who they picked to play the role of Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears). Seems like a good match for it.

The Elm Street remake though, I just don't think it's a good idea. While I am curious to see Billy Bob Thornton in the role (if he really is going to be playing Freddy), there's simply no replacing Robert Englund. He IS Freddy Krueger. Voorhees you can replace since he never says anything really (though people have still managed to fuck the role up in the past), but Freddy Krueger? Those are some mighty big burnt shoes to fill.

foolfighter009 Sep 4th, 2008 09:58 AM

Yea they should just keep Englund he was there through all of the good times and all of the bad times [Nightmare on Elm Str. 2 of course sucked balls].

Angryhydralisk Sep 4th, 2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 577555)
While I have my obvious doubts about how it will be, I do like who they picked to play the role of Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears). Seems like a good match for it.

The Elm Street remake though, I just don't think it's a good idea. While I am curious to see Billy Bob Thornton in the role (if he really is going to be playing Freddy), there's simply no replacing Robert Englund. He IS Freddy Krueger. Voorhees you can replace since he never says anything really (though people have still managed to fuck the role up in the past), but Freddy Krueger? Those are some mighty big burnt shoes to fill.

Hopefully, if we're really lucky, he'll crush the naysayers like Daniel Craig or Heath Ledger did, but this one IS unlikely. Billy Bob is a total nutjob, so he could work.

And I'd like to know who screwed up jason. The only one I can think of off the top of my head was Ken Kerzinger, who was hired because of his eyes. But hey, Freddy vs. Jason had a good 40-some-odd minutes of the two duking out, which worked for me.

foolfighter009 Sep 4th, 2008 11:47 AM

I liked F.V.J cause of thier duking out alot and EPIC MUSIC!!!!!

Angryhydralisk Sep 4th, 2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foolfighter009 (Post 577610)
I liked F.V.J cause of thier duking out alot and FAG-METAL MUSIC!!!!!

Spayed.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 4th, 2008 06:18 PM

Was reading the wiki article, they likened filming this movie to being in Nascar(boring). It looks like they're trying to put the Tommy Jarvis charactor in it too, which seems good. They need to also bring back Ron Palillo for a cameo too.

Geggy Sep 25th, 2008 02:03 PM

Why can't they keep the streak of friday the 13th sequels alive? did they run out of new ways to kill people?

Zomboid Sep 25th, 2008 04:40 PM

In a manner of speaking, yes. They've run out of originality.

seesawbooy Sep 25th, 2008 04:56 PM

Did you hear about the last house on the left remake? :suicide

King Hadas Sep 25th, 2008 08:05 PM

I was watching Conan the other night with Billy Bob Thornton as a guest star and the remake was addressed and Thornton said he was not going to be playing Freddy Krueger.

Dixie Sep 25th, 2008 10:55 PM

GOOD!

J. Tithonus Pednaud Sep 26th, 2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 581915)
I was watching Conan the other night with Billy Bob Thornton as a guest star and the remake was addressed and Thornton said he was not going to be playing Freddy Krueger.

Why would they do that? Thornton is only a few years younger than Robert Englund. Wasn't the point of this to freshen the franchise?

Tadao Sep 26th, 2008 01:53 PM

I bet Billy Bob got sick of all the death threats from CIG.

Dixie Sep 26th, 2008 03:40 PM

I only sent him roadkill once goddammit!

King Hadas Sep 26th, 2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 582121)
Why would they do that? Thornton is only a few years younger than Robert Englund. Wasn't the point of this to freshen the franchise?

The way Thornton made it out on the show it seemed he was neither offered nor interested in the role. He said it was just a rumor started when Robert Englund being interviewed for a different show said Thornton would be his choice if someone were to replace him.

I don't understand why they're bothering to remake Elm Street or Friday the 13th, what ever happened to the sequel? I saw an interview by one of the actors in the Friday the 13th remake and he described it as "raw and real," and you know what that means.:rolleyes

Zbu Manowar Oct 5th, 2008 01:00 PM

They should just do Friday the 13th Part 12 already and just make it more gory like FvJ was. At this point nobody is going to take the movie seriously, so they might as well just keep the franchise going and make it a complete FX fest of blood, guts, and various other things. Why ignore the past? All you need is some fresh blood and a FX crew with no moral standards.

robo_rob Oct 9th, 2008 11:37 AM

I read an interview with the script writers and they claimed this movie will have topless girls water skiing. This is either going to be the best movie ever, or the worst movie ever.

If Jason rides a jet ski and stabs the water skiing topless girls, it would be the best thing ever.

Trash Oct 11th, 2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo_rob (Post 586221)
I read an interview with the script writers and they claimed this movie will have topless girls water skiing. This is either going to be the best movie ever, or the worst movie ever.

In the movie world, when all the script writers have for them is promises of tits, it's usually not a good sign.

Nick Oct 13th, 2008 02:20 AM

I think it might be an interesting movie. From what I've read they've combined the first three movies together.

Zomboid Oct 13th, 2008 08:13 PM

In shitty remake form!