I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

M. Blaze Sep 30th, 2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 583143)
At first I thought "Ah well, just play Silent Hill 5 until then"... BUT NO! Some retarded inbred idiot thought it would be funny to release it a little later here in Europe...IN FEBUARY!

I thought (well, read on Wikipedia but anyway) that only the German version of SH: Homecoming was postponed to February and the rest of us in Europe would be getting it on October 30. If this is the case, maybe you could order the UK version when it comes out or something?

If for some reason the game is delayed until Feb 2009 in all of Europe and not just in Germany, I'll be somewhat annoyed as well.

Angryhydralisk Sep 30th, 2008 08:27 AM

Man, Doom II is a lot easier than I'd thought it be.

bigtimecow Sep 30th, 2008 09:50 AM

I STILL PLAY SPORE, A LOT

well i don't play actually, i just build ;D

Phoenix Gamma Sep 30th, 2008 10:43 AM

Downloaded Bomberman Blast for Wii. I'm so bad at it :(

Also got back into the Rhythm Heaven games. So fucking rad.

Guitar Woman Sep 30th, 2008 10:53 AM

Quit bitching, Oxblood, SH5 and Fallout 3 are both banned in Australia. It could be worse.

I gotta get a new graffix card so I can run this shit without my computer exploding.

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 583176)
SH5 and Fallout 3 are both banned in Australia.

:lol Australia sucks

MetalMilitia Sep 30th, 2008 11:28 AM

Just completed Uncharted. It's good.

Zomboid Sep 30th, 2008 01:49 PM

Fallout 3 isn't banned in Australia, you dumbass. They just pissed and moaned about drug content so it's been slightly altered and now all copies are like that.

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 583217)
Fallout 3 isn't banned in Australia, you dumbass. They just pissed and moaned about drug content so it's been slightly altered and now all copies are like that.

:lol Australia still sucks for it

Tadao Sep 30th, 2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 583217)

So what, Roids are replaced with same year wines now?

Guitar Woman Sep 30th, 2008 06:50 PM

My understanding a while ago was that it was in fact banned, but I guess confirmatory google searches aren't guaranteed to yield current results. I also haven't been keeping up to date on Fallout 3 because I don't care too much!

That's not the point, though.

Speaking of not being up-to-date on things, I just now realized Silent Hill 5 on the PC is a goddamned Steam-only release. What the fuck.

OxBlood Oct 1st, 2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 583176)
Quit bitching, Oxblood, SH5 and Fallout 3 are both banned in Australia. It could be worse.

And Condemned 1 is banned in Germany. That doesnīt matter though because it was released on time. Thatīs what Iīm talking about. Not the ability to get it, but the TIME when I can get it. Banned normal games are not a problem, only delayed ones. Banned XBL Games would be a problem if I cared about them. Imagine this, it is not possible for a german person to download Duke Nukem from XBL. Not without bending his internet connection into an abomination of wire and electro-trash at least.

Just because someone saw Duke3d back in the day and thought "Well, there the Tabledancers, you can give them money (which doesnīt do anything) and then you can shoot them and they explode in dollarbills...so you get rewarded for killing innocent tabledancers! DEVILRY! BANBANBAN! Or well, they put it on the index, so only 18+ can get it and no one may advertise. Or download it from XBL, no matter what his age may be. The only good thing is, that germany canīt really ban something before it is released..hehehe. Okay, and we have Austria, the UK and the Netherlands right around the corner, nobody in their right mind would buy a german release when they can get a UK. Except those unfortunate few young germans who never learned english...not that I am perfect but itīs more than enough to understand a Videogame.

But I must say, I am extremely surprised to see a country even more stuck up with this whole violence thing than us. And I feel the pain of the australian gamers, yes I do. Whatīs their excuse for *looks it up on wikipedia* being such an Nanny State? (hm, funny word)

executioneer Oct 1st, 2008 04:25 AM

just to piss ben croshaw off i bet

RPGmaker Oct 1st, 2008 08:12 AM

Reserved my copy of Star Ocean 4, finished DW 4 ( had to do something at work ) and still playing World of Warcraft (Made a Elemantal shaman) and Infinite Undiscovery.

Neen Oct 1st, 2008 10:01 AM

Kirby Super Star Ultra - the extras make it worth it while the rest of the game is a carbon-copy.

Wario Land: Shake it - It's like playing a saturday morning cartoon from way back when.♥
And it's a pretty decent play, too.

Guitar Woman Oct 1st, 2008 11:12 AM

Also, to be fair, Australia is only banning shitty games.

pac-man Oct 1st, 2008 04:39 PM

Mega Man 9 on XBLA. Fucking finally!

Guitar Woman Oct 1st, 2008 11:50 PM

Playing the original Fallout again.

I've been watching far too much Fist of the Northstar lately, so I made a character with retarded high Strength, Agility, Perception, and Endurance, got to 100% Unarmed on level 2, and picked Bloody Mess as a trait.

I am unstoppable.

executioneer Oct 2nd, 2008 02:25 AM

does perception help with punching? i thought it was only good for ranged attacks :/ if not you'd be better off putting points in luck for more critical hits or INT so you can get skillpoints faster

OxBlood Oct 2nd, 2008 02:34 AM

Playing Sacred 2 right now...seems to be one of those rare good german games...hopefully.

Guitar Woman Oct 2nd, 2008 10:59 AM

I have 10 intelligence points, too!

120% unarmed skill. YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD.

The perception is for throwing knives, which are hilarious. I can't believe I only played this game with guns up until now.

wobzire Oct 2nd, 2008 11:35 AM

-Lego batman
-Mega Man 9

Emu Oct 2nd, 2008 02:11 PM

Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future. Yeawww.

WhiteRat Oct 3rd, 2008 01:52 AM

Rise of the Dragon for Sega Compact Disc.

executioneer Oct 3rd, 2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 583911)
I have 10 intelligence points, too!

120% unarmed skill. YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD.

The perception is for throwing knives, which are hilarious. I can't believe I only played this game with guns up until now.

aww dang it now i gotta try that

probably get some use out of grenades too, i'd imagine

RaNkeri Oct 4th, 2008 04:42 AM

NHL 95

Phoenix Gamma Oct 4th, 2008 09:57 AM

Tried Sonic: the Fanfic for DS. Shit's pretty terrible, and since this is actually my first Bioware game, I've blindly decided to hate the company. Fuck you, Bioware. Your story is dumb and your gameplay is dumb. Why would you even make a Sonic RPG?

Guitar Woman Oct 4th, 2008 02:45 PM

A romp through KOTOR will fix this, sir.

I checked out Psychonauts the other day. The wacky aesthetic reminded me a lot of Rayman 2, except not nearly as difficult. It's also pretty funny.

Nick Oct 4th, 2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 584758)
A romp through KOTOR will fix this, sir.

I checked out Psychonauts the other day. The wacky aesthetic reminded me a lot of Rayman 2, except not nearly as difficult. It's also pretty funny.

The companies next game is gonna be awesome.

executioneer Oct 5th, 2008 12:52 AM

fallout 2 + restoration project 1.2

haven't run into too much new content, although it is nice to be able to kill the Duntons with justification this time rather than just because i wanted to

Zomboid Oct 5th, 2008 05:49 PM

The new content is kind of spread out. There's a new area in whatever that town with the pickpocketing kids is called. You can get them an orphanage :O. There's a place called the Abbey in the top right corner of the map.

MarioRPG Oct 8th, 2008 09:31 PM

WarioLand Shake it

Basically, a glorified handheld game. The sprites are too small for a TV and the animations are lacking. They didn't bother doing voice overs to the one cut scene I saw. yeesh.

OxBlood Oct 9th, 2008 02:47 AM

G.R.A.W. 2 and liking it so far. Not as good as Vegas 2 but that´s just me prefering indoor-cover-and-clear-the-room games. But Clancy sure knows how to write boring stories...or at least he delivers boring templates. But maybe that´s an American thing I don´t understand...who knows. *shrugs*

Phoenix Gamma Oct 9th, 2008 09:20 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. Still loving it, but I never realized how unbalanced the difficulty curve is. The pirate level raped me, but I plowed through the train stage without losing a life, and Neon Night Riders was actually easier than Sewer Surfin'.

I wish Raphael didn't suck in this game. Leo's still my favorite, but Raph is cool too :(

executioneer Oct 9th, 2008 09:27 AM

i tried playing Holy Diver on the NES but damn it if it's not Castlevania levels of aggravating

plus no actual dio songs i could detect, wth japan

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 9th, 2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 586193)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. Still loving it, but I never realized how unbalanced the difficulty curve is. The pirate level raped me, but I plowed through the train stage without losing a life, and Neon Night Riders was actually easier than Sewer Surfin'.

I wish Raphael didn't suck in this game. Leo's still my favorite, but Raph is cool too :(

Gotta use Donnie. :Jumpboattack

Trats12 Oct 9th, 2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 586094)
WarioLand Shake it

Basically, a glorified handheld game. The sprites are too small for a TV and the animations are lacking. They didn't bother doing voice overs to the one cut scene I saw. yeesh.

I rented this crap last night. Stay Away!

Phoenix Gamma Oct 9th, 2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 586219)
Gotta use Donnie. :Jumpboattack

Donatello's a loser.

Nick Oct 9th, 2008 07:33 PM

Donnie does machines!

JediScum Oct 9th, 2008 07:37 PM

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights... because I live in 2001 and have the mad cool Phat hookups.

So is this crap (and sequels) available for Playstation 2? I don't give a fuck about bootlegs... I'm getting another Playstation 2 again. If it's available, then i'm good. If not... then i guess it's time for Tony Hawk 4-7.

The worst thing about the 21st century is the Bush Family.

So far....

Emu Oct 9th, 2008 11:21 PM

No, NWN's PC-only.

JediScum Oct 10th, 2008 01:38 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh, shit! Anything comparable? (Aside from drinking to .30 and listening to Duran Duran)

pac-man Oct 10th, 2008 02:47 AM

Drink a 40 and listen to Journey.

Emu Oct 10th, 2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediScum (Post 586583)
Ahhhhhhhhhh, shit! Anything comparable? (Aside from drinking to .30 and listening to Duran Duran)

What are you looking for, something fantasy-themed in general, or DND themed, or what? If you want NWN on a PS2 you might pick up Demon Stone.

JediScum Oct 10th, 2008 04:15 AM

Yeah, I guess I'm looking for a role playing game that's on PS2... Doesn't have to be fantasy - based. Sci-fi is good also. Looking for a story that sucks me in and mucho re-play with different classes, alignments, etc.

Doesn't have to be Dungeons and Dragons (official product) but since I live 5-8 years in the past, I have only started playing Neverwinter Nights.

I'll look into Demon Stone but any suggestions from anyone are encouraged...
It might be a long.... SOBER.... winter this year.

Looking into it, OK, so I'm currently a "Forgotten Realms" nerd. Better that than Dragonlance. Just kidding.
And how about those Wikipedia descriptions of games you MIGHT like.... blah. oh it will be a Tony Hawk filled winter for me.... I can hear the soundtrack to Pro Skater 4 right now....

Emu Oct 10th, 2008 12:24 PM

Oh, there's a few Baldur's Gate PS2 games that are pretty good beat-'em-up RPGs. They tend to run kind of expensive for some reason though.

Guitar Woman Oct 11th, 2008 10:44 PM

:lol

Frazz Oct 12th, 2008 08:35 AM

Just got through playing NWN played Kotor And Kotor 2 before plus jade and mass effect im i the only one who thinks mass effect is one of the biggest dissapointments ever? it hitches freezes and barely loads :(

executioneer Oct 12th, 2008 09:08 AM

que

Phoenix Gamma Oct 13th, 2008 01:13 AM

Started up Dragon Quest VIII. I miss traditional jRPGs with old school generic plots. None of this new generic garbage. Plus the music is outstanding.

I think I might be able to put up with the ancient gameplay this time if I shut my brain off when I play. I think I only got to Lv16 when the game first came out.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 14th, 2008 02:30 AM

Hey guys deBlob is awesome and so is World of Goo. Please buy them :(

Guitar Woman Oct 14th, 2008 10:45 AM

I still need to play Eternal Darkness :(

There is time for new games later!

Phoenix Gamma Oct 14th, 2008 10:49 AM

But World of Goo is downloadable on PC or Wii. You can get it right now.

Plus, it's one of the most imaginative construction games I've played in a long time. I fucking hate games about building shit, but every single stage introduces a new mechanic, and it's always really silly.

deBlob is just good old fashioned platforming mixed with Katamari Damacy. I spent a whole hour just on the second level trying to get everything. Way better than the freeware tech demo.

pac-man Oct 14th, 2008 10:51 AM

I played the demo of the Strong Bad game. Not as good as Sam and Max, but at least Telltale is still making adventure games.

Emu Oct 14th, 2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 587627)
I still need to play Eternal Darkness :(

There is time for new games later!

what the fuck is wrong with you

Guitar Woman Oct 14th, 2008 02:42 PM

I KNOW OK SHUT UP

I only put this fucker on reserve a month ago because I am slow

executioneer Oct 14th, 2008 03:26 PM

i havent played eternal darkness yet either :( i should buy a gamecube or something i guess

MarioRPG Oct 14th, 2008 06:12 PM

The only bad thing is you have to play it thrice, which isn't a bad thing at all.

e: or was it four times? fource?

WhiteRat Oct 15th, 2008 01:23 AM

I played Bobby's World on an SNES emulator for about 3 minutes.

Guitar Woman Oct 15th, 2008 01:42 AM

I finally fixed the cutscene sound problems in Silent Hill 2! It has become monumentally better!

I like how the special items in the second playthrough finally tell me a little about the town's history.

I still hate Maria, also.

Zomboid Oct 15th, 2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 587860)
I played Bobby's World on an SNES emulator for about 3 minutes.

When I had a full set of SNES roms, I'd end up playing that for about that same amount of time every few months when I forgot how badly it sucked.

OxBlood Oct 15th, 2008 03:36 AM

Eternal Darkness eh? One of my favorites...but I´m still in the last playthrough...gotta love Mantorok though. Corpse God FTW.

pac-man Oct 16th, 2008 05:24 PM

Went ahead and bought the Strong Bad game for PC. Both episodes are good solid games, but Sam & Max is funnier.

MetalMilitia Oct 16th, 2008 06:31 PM

World of Goo demo. Not a big fan of casual games but this one is really good.

Neen Oct 17th, 2008 12:17 AM

Knuckles' Chaotix. Meh. It's certainly plagued with the unnecessary innovation that ruined the recent games, but it's still a solid title.

OxBlood Oct 17th, 2008 02:38 AM

Symphony of the night on the 360 since Dead Space still ain´t out here...whatever all those publishers thought, releasing EVERYTHING between Oct. 24th and Nov. 15th....

bigtimecow Oct 17th, 2008 01:01 PM

if everyone in this thread doesn't say mother3

>:

Emu Oct 17th, 2008 01:17 PM

innocent sin

and mother 3

Esuohlim Oct 17th, 2008 01:22 PM

MOTHEB 3 AAHAAAAAAA

timrpgland Oct 17th, 2008 02:58 PM

Picked up Saints Row 2 this week. It's better than the first one. I'll probably get Dead Space this weekend. Then Fable 2... Then Fallout 3... what a month.

Still playing some Warhammer Online and DQIV.

...and yes people should play Eternal Darkness.

Sam Oct 17th, 2008 03:02 PM

OH YEAH, OBLIVION BECAUSE I HAVE HAD IT SINCE I FIRST GOT A 360 AND NEVER BEAT IT AND I WANT TO BEAT IT BEFORE FALLOUT 3 COMES OUT AND I NEVER PLAY ANY GAME EVER AGAIN

Guitar Woman Oct 17th, 2008 11:28 PM

I like it!

Eternal Darkness, I mean. It sort of plays like a cartoony Silent Hill 4, but with funnier melee combat because I can cut off everyone's head.

The voicework is pretty good, too. My only problem is that it's way too silly to be scary, due mainly to the monsters all sounding like they're wading through spaghetti when they walk.

OxBlood Oct 18th, 2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 588730)
I like it!

Eternal Darkness, I mean. It sort of plays like a cartoony Silent Hill 4, but with funnier melee combat because I can cut off everyone's head.

The voicework is pretty good, too. My only problem is that it's way too silly to be scary, due mainly to the monsters all sounding like they're wading through spaghetti when they walk.

Please note the most beloved aspect about Eternal Darkness - the lovecraftian setting. Show elder gods some respect, GW ;)

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2008 01:24 PM

GW can't read books without pictures.

Guitar Woman Oct 18th, 2008 01:42 PM

Ok, this game scared the shit out of me last night when bugs started crawling all over the screen. :(

Nick Oct 18th, 2008 10:05 PM

I think I may be too old to play Wii games. :c

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 18th, 2008 10:37 PM

I played about 9 hours of eternal darkness when it came out with a group of friends, 6am rolled around and I had to work. 6 years its been since, still remember it being good.

Nick Oct 18th, 2008 10:42 PM

I played Eternal Darkness, and I still don't see what the big deal is.

bigtimecow Oct 19th, 2008 04:09 AM

nick, gw

gw, nick

i'll let you guys to get to know eachother

Emu Oct 19th, 2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 588986)
I played Eternal Darkness, and I still don't see what the big deal is.

ED breaks the mold on horror games by taking the unique approach of fucking with you instead of just fucking with the protagonist. It's a very meta style of horror that manages to add to the atmosphere instead of distracting you from it.

WhiteRat Oct 20th, 2008 02:07 AM

Broke out the ol' SNES tonight and played some Donkey Kong Country. It took me about 30 seconds to remember how easy this game is.

OxBlood Oct 20th, 2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 589087)
ED breaks the mold on horror games by taking the unique approach of fucking with you instead of just fucking with the protagonist. It's a very meta style of horror that manages to add to the atmosphere instead of distracting you from it.

Quoted for truth. But the protagonists are mostly very well done too. I really like Anthony for example...I think it was Anthony, the one with the cursed scroll.

The whole theme of these three ancient interstellar beings plotting against the Corpsegod and all of mankind for millennia is just excellent. The magic system was also really good in my opinion, even though it effectively negated ANY insanity later on if the player wanted to.

Someone really should make a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness. Imagine the quality of something like that with the systems from Part 1 and nice graphics and an equally awesome plot...Iīd exchange Silent Hill or most other franchises for that...except if they made another classic Resident Evil...that I would like even more.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2008 02:57 AM

Yeah, I really liked the 3 gods thing. I can't remember which one I picked, but it was whichever was closest to cthulhu.

Guitar Woman Oct 20th, 2008 10:52 AM

Spoilers!

Also, Silicon Knights is still around, as soon as they finish fucking with Too Human there's probably going to be another Eternal Darkness.

I picked the god that looks like a big eye or something and talks with a male/female voice. It had the green artifact.

Emu Oct 20th, 2008 01:19 PM

I wouldn't count on it.

Is your avatar supposed to be Kumatora in Titiboo?

Guitar Woman Oct 20th, 2008 01:37 PM

Emu Oct 20th, 2008 02:06 PM

That doesn't quite answer my question

Guitar Woman Oct 20th, 2008 02:39 PM

Yes.

Angryhydralisk Oct 21st, 2008 03:29 PM

I'd be playing Mother 3 if I had a computer of my own. But for now it's Kirby Super Star ultra.

It's not just dope. it's super star ultra dope.

pac-man Oct 21st, 2008 11:40 PM

Fable 2. It's just like the first one, in case you were wondering.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 22nd, 2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 589236)
Yes.

I figured you would have red hair in real life just because every picture you have up also had red hair. Am I shooting in the dark here?

Guitar Woman Oct 22nd, 2008 02:00 AM

I keep my hair a vibrant and consistent shade of cotton candy pink.

OxBlood Oct 22nd, 2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 589204)
[spoiler]
I picked the god that looks like a big eye or something and talks with a male/female voice. It had the green artifact.

Xel´lotath, Goddess of Madness, yes.

Even though I like Ulyaoth, Master of dimension and magic better...the blue one :D

Or of course Mantorok, coolest appearance and most powerfull of all four Gods.

Nick Oct 22nd, 2008 08:54 PM

I'm not saying that ED was a bad game, I'm just saying it didn't seem as great as everyone said it was. Then again, I did play it about four years after it came out. Oops!

Zomboid Oct 22nd, 2008 09:01 PM

I think I did too, but I still liked it. I also chose the blue god :O

Nick Oct 22nd, 2008 09:55 PM

Saints Row 2 is a good game, I certainly enjoyed it more than GTA4. I just beat it with 94% accomplished, and I'll be damned if I'm hunting down any collectibles.

MetalMilitia Oct 23rd, 2008 05:22 AM

I hired Golden Axe: Beast Rider - what a pile of shit.

Right now I'm playing quite a lot of Synergy (the co-op HL2 mod). It's really fun - plays a lot like Sven co-op.

Sam Oct 23rd, 2008 03:24 PM

Saint's Row 2 and Mother 3. :O

OxBlood Oct 24th, 2008 05:22 AM

Switching between Dead Space and Fable 2. Later next week Fallout 3 hopefully.

Big McLargehuge Oct 27th, 2008 10:47 AM

earthbound in prep to play mother 3, and team fortress 2.