I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700413)

MockBot Aug 27th, 2008 03:40 AM

Weekly Movie Review: Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid.

Nick Aug 27th, 2008 05:03 AM

Without a doubt, I need to see this film.

Julio Aug 27th, 2008 07:50 AM

I refuse to read Mr. Burbank's review until I watch this fils, as I have kept it for more than two years on a shelf and have never watched (despite the fact that I do like some westerns). I have to make sure this movie is seen within this week.

Purple Man Aug 27th, 2008 09:33 AM

A good ol' fashioned 60's/70's era western, with a revisionist sense of humour. Definitely five pickles. (There is, however, the matter of that ghastly song this film spawned).

Icculus Aug 27th, 2008 09:36 AM

Paul Newman is the shit!

HeroliciousDeBlanc Aug 27th, 2008 05:21 PM

Rules? In a knife fight?

Colonel Flagg Aug 27th, 2008 08:46 PM

Max, you're so right, Burt Bachrach doesn't age well. Although the robbery/chase sequences in Bolivia, set to "South American Getaway" and sung by some uncredited (?) studio musicians are collectively one of the best musical-humor sequences of the era.

The movie is chock full of one-liners. Some of the best dialogue ever in a motion picture. Puts most of the crap that passes for motion picture entertainment in the 21st century to shame. "They're against the wall already!!" Outstanding.

Pentegarn Aug 28th, 2008 05:43 AM

If you want to be a real man, this movie is required viewing.

McFly Aug 28th, 2008 01:18 PM

Never seen this movie, but anything that has a musical montage to “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” just plain scares me. Maybe if I can sit through the horror that is that song, I can watch what seems like a great movie.

Alcibiades Aug 29th, 2008 09:59 AM

This movie is simply amazing, I can't think of a single person I wouldn't reccomend it to. If you like drama, action, comedy... whatever. If you don't like movies I'd still reccomend it to you. Probably one of the single most accessible and entertaining films of all time, while at the same time immensly emotional and deep. The whole thing left me laughing and the ending left my crying. Maybe the only movie you can even compare it to is 'Little Big Man'.

Mojomajik9 Aug 31st, 2008 06:01 AM

"If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him."

Awesome review. I've always loved this flick. The ending is simply beautifully shot and the chemistry between Newman and Redford was just great. I would say this wasn't the first buddy picture. Maybe the old Hope and Crosby road pictures were the first real buddy pictures, but this certainly resurrected the genre and brought a real artistry to it. Great review!

Colonel Flagg Sep 3rd, 2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly (Post 576309)
Never seen this movie, but anything that has a musical montage to “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” just plain scares me. Maybe if I can sit through the horror that is that song, I can watch what seems like a great movie.

Spoilers!

TheSyndicate88 Sep 10th, 2008 03:08 PM

Fuck all you guys, 'Raindrops' is a great song lol