I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

kahljorn Feb 20th, 2012 08:35 PM

dnvare get on titanquest now you stupid bastard

darkvare Feb 20th, 2012 08:47 PM

same game, same pass?

OxBlood Feb 26th, 2012 08:02 AM

Okay, so Binary Domain and Syndicate.

First off, I didn´t really like the BD-Demo all that much but the full game is WAY better. Both Demolevels are from the first third of the game when your Rifle isn´t all that good. Later on, Dan´s primary weapon becomes an enjoyable piece of destruction equipment :)
But it´s the story and the mood that make this game better than average. The whole "when does artificial life become "life", what if you´re a robot but you don´t know"-thing has always interested me and that´s basically all the game´s about. I´m not through it yet, should be soon though.
So far, around 10 hours of excellent entertainment.

Syndicate on the other hand, I only got because of the coop-mode but turns out, the Campaign has an extremely well-set mood to it, the dystopian and hostile feel to it is pretty great :)
Can´t say much about the coop yet, since I´ve only played the western europe-map from the demo with other people. I like it so far :)

dextire Feb 28th, 2012 09:22 PM

I got the new Twisted Metal this weekend. I haven't got to play it much, but so far it's awesome. :)

Phoenix Gamma Feb 29th, 2012 03:15 AM

Just platinumed Rayman Origins. That game went from mediocre to fantastic to mediocre real fast. The last level went overboard with the trial and error shit, but everything in the middle, from the levels to the music were phenomenal. Pretty as fuck though. Also the Vita version has the backstory on Rayman and Globox covered in two really funny murals. I liked that someone on the staff stopped and said "what if Rayman used to be bald and Globox used to be red?" just for the sake of fucking around with the canon.

Mad Melvin Mar 1st, 2012 08:53 AM

Just played trough Psychonauts. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game. It may very well be the best platformer I have ever played.

MarioRPG Mar 1st, 2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 755612)
Just played trough Psychonauts. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game. It may very well be the best platformer I have ever played.

I knew nothing going into that game and came out a big fan... That Milkman level :love

OxBlood Mar 2nd, 2012 03:14 AM

I´m rather sure Psychonauts IS the best Platformer anyone can ever play actually...

Halfway through Last Story on the Wii. Good game, if a little standart in its systems but still fun. Most characters are just really sad...not Emo or anything, plain sad, makes you want to give them a hug :D

Also SSX, yeah I can´t play that game longer than 2 hours without getting annoyed somehow.

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2012 03:18 PM

Mad Melvin Mar 2nd, 2012 03:30 PM

Started Mass Effect (the first one) for the 4th time. I'm maybe two hours into it. What the fuck is it with this game? I hate it. It's just layers of "game-polish" that make everything seem sterile as a cancer ward, the inventory is just the worst and the terrible combat system sucks everything that seems even remotely interesting right off. I really want to like this game, but I just don't get it. I also hated Dragon Age and Baldur's Gate, so maybe Bioware just doesn't work for me.

Esuohlim Mar 2nd, 2012 07:31 PM

So Psychonauts is really good? I've been looking for a really fun PC game lately and a lot of them I couldn't get into like Oblivion, Civ 5, even Fallout 2 for fuck's sake. I did like Portal but it was really short.

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2012 10:20 PM

The second of the Portals is also really good. Different atmosphere, but the same amount of quality and polish.

kahljorn Mar 2nd, 2012 11:09 PM

YOU COULD GET TITAN QUEST YOU STUPID BITCH

also ive been playing shogun 2 total war and that games awesome. i love all the japanese artworknd the agents are cool as shit

Esuohlim Mar 2nd, 2012 11:14 PM

If I play an online RPG my first instinct would be to fuck with people on purpose because I'm not taking it seriously and nobody wants that. I'm staying away for your own good.

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2012 12:54 AM

how can you not take diablo 2 in greece seriously

Esuohlim Mar 3rd, 2012 02:04 AM

How similar is it to Diablo 2? Is it like clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclick 'cause I don't wanna

Mad Melvin Mar 3rd, 2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 755630)
So Psychonauts is really good? I've been looking for a really fun PC game lately and a lot of them I couldn't get into like Oblivion, Civ 5, even Fallout 2 for fuck's sake. I did like Portal but it was really short.

YES. Get Psychonauts. I'm really cynical nowadays when it comes to games and it's really hard for me to get excited about anything. Psychonauts was like a breath of fresh air and reminded me why I started playing videogames to begin with. Just don't read anything about it beforehand. There is a shitload of wierd and hysterical stuff in the game that works best if it comes as a suprise.

Esuohlim Mar 3rd, 2012 05:21 AM

Fucking sold. I'm completely cynical about games too and EVERYONE AROUND HERE IS PROBABLY TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT CONSTANTLY :rolleyes

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

How similar is it to Diablo 2? Is it like clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclick 'cause I don't wanna
yes except it has a hotbar so you can also push 1-0

Guitar Woman Mar 4th, 2012 02:54 PM

I bought GTA4 + Episodes on Steam, and I wish someone had told me what a fucking awful idea this was beforehand.

First of all, GTA4 weighs in at about 16 gigabytes. I had to download that with a 60kbs/second connection. If you want to also install Episodes from Liberty City, that's 16 more gigabytes. Surely there should be some sort of system where if you install GTA4 first, you should get the episodes for substantially less disc space, right? It's the same goddamn engine; the way it is now you're just installing the fucking game twice.

Second of all, despite the fact that I got it on Steam, I have to register on Games for Windows Live if I want to save my progress, at all. This should have been fucking advertised somewhere because it is completely fucking retarded. I didn't get Steam so I could take it up the butt from Microsoft's shitty fucking shit; right now it's installing the second of about 500000000 updates and says "hey, you know how you just played a really long and boring and tedious GTA intro mission, one of the inevitable hardships we must endure to enjoy an otherwise excellent game? WELL GET READY TO DO IT AGAIN BECAUSE WE'RE RE-STARTING YOUR COMPUTER! HA HA HA." It also had the cheek to mock me further by suggesting I save my game and quit so that the update could complete, apparently not realizing that I can't save my fucking game until the update is complete.

I should've just bought a PS3, fuck this shit.

Mad Melvin Mar 4th, 2012 04:02 PM

Yeah, GTA4 is pretty shitty on a PC. After I installed all the software I don't want and all the patches and shit, the game ran fine for two minutes and then the framerate dropped to 10fps for no reason. My computer is pretty decent, so it wasn't a hardware problem. I fiddled around with the in-game settings, tried all the official and unofficial fixes, but I just couldn't get the fucking thing to work properly. So I ended up buying the xbox version for 20 bucks, which i've should've done in the first place.

Esuohlim Mar 4th, 2012 04:05 PM

you should play psychonauts instead i hear its good

Mad Melvin Mar 4th, 2012 04:18 PM

That avatar of yours makes me think that you are being sarcastic and you actually hated Psychonauts and now want my blood for recommending it

darkvare Mar 4th, 2012 04:58 PM

i bought gta 4 and episodes on ps3 at wal-mart and they gave me the metallic case the original special edition came in

kahljorn Mar 4th, 2012 06:57 PM

so im playing shogn total war 2 and waiting for this battle to end cause they cant win but im not going outside of my castle

anyway i was bored so i pushed rally and half my army ran away from me ;/