I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   FINAL FANTASY (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546)

Jebus Feb 12th, 2003 08:30 PM

FINAL FANTASY

I'm playing my first ever FF game...numero 7. Hopefully it lives up to what everybody always builds it up as.

Ninjavenom Feb 12th, 2003 08:43 PM

You won't be disappointed.

James Feb 12th, 2003 10:25 PM

FF7 is the second worst FF game, in my opinion. But the worst FF game is still a masterpieces. I just didn't like it as much as I liked other FF games.

And you know a game is too easy when you beat the final boss by accident. And you know a game is too boring when you have to spend 2 hours leveling up one Materia so you can use Fire 2.

Ihach Feb 12th, 2003 10:28 PM

Leveling up is a part of any FF game, you gonna say 3 was boring just because you had to lvl to survive? 7 is an awesome game, and one of, if not the best in my opinion

James Feb 12th, 2003 10:33 PM

I'm not talking about leveling up. I'm talking about AP for Materia. the system was a decent idea, but the length it took to develop Materia was too long, or the enemies later on gave out too little AP.

Ihach Feb 12th, 2003 10:38 PM

You need to learn where to level mister >: Level in the crater, and BAM, massive AP. in conclusion, im right and your wrong, cuase i said so :)

James Feb 12th, 2003 10:44 PM

Even the guys in the Crater didn't give you much, aside from the rare red blobbies. And you needed Triple Growth on your weapons/armor.

I was in there for about 2 weeks, trying to get 3 Mastered Knights of the Round alone in order to go after the WEAPONS. I finally gave up and fought them (killed them).

So stop acting like you are more of a FF master than me. >:

Ninjavenom Feb 12th, 2003 11:27 PM

Yeah, mastering the large stuff you rarely use becomes a major pain in the ass. I've only ever mastered one summon, and that was Bahamut.

whoreable Feb 12th, 2003 11:40 PM

1, 2, 3(snes ones) were by far my favorite. honestly i didnt really enjoy 7 that much :/
________
VISA GIFT CARDS

Ihach Feb 12th, 2003 11:44 PM

i just mastered 4X cut twice to beat the weapons....and i dont claim to be a big master of the game, but if your trying to master knights of the round twice, your gonna have to expect it to take a long ass time, it is a one hit kill spell on pretty much everything....

whoreable Feb 12th, 2003 11:49 PM

i never even got knights of the round. i missed so much shit in that game :( but then again i was pretty tried of it anyways by the time i beat it.
________
Zoloft lawsuits

Carnivore Feb 12th, 2003 11:51 PM

Everybody from the old board already knows my opinion of Final Fantasy VII. I consider it to be the greatest console game ever.

Ihach Feb 12th, 2003 11:55 PM

now thats a view i can respect carni, its one of the finest rpgs ive ever played, and i would agree one of the greatest console games ever released

mew barios Feb 12th, 2003 11:55 PM

i thought ff7 was ok. but the weird culty fanworship that surrounds it for some reason makes it really creepy. :/

the only ff that i still like to play on occasion is the first one. so that's how much my opinion is worth. :o

MrAdventure Feb 13th, 2003 12:03 AM

YALL GO PLAY SOME WIZARDRY NOW :)

It's hard to beat losing your entire party due to decapitation. :(

timrpgland Feb 13th, 2003 12:18 AM

VII is great, the story is so fucked up in a good way.

VI is still the best.

James Feb 13th, 2003 12:24 AM

Like I said, I like the game. I just don't like it as much as 9 other FF games. The Materia system was a decent idea, but the needed to lower the amount of AP needed.

But let's not make this into another FF7 thread. Final Fantasy is the best series of all time, and everyone should play every game in the series.

Ihach Feb 13th, 2003 12:33 AM

Ill agree with that Jamesman, the reason theres so many FF games is so the fans can argue about them, but this thread is about jebus' descent into the wonderful world of FF

James Feb 13th, 2003 12:45 AM

Too bad he had to start off with such a piece of shit as FF7. ;)

D3k Feb 13th, 2003 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
Too bad he had to start off with such a piece of shit as FF7. ;)

Could've been worse... he could've started it with FF: Mystic Quest. :goth

James Feb 13th, 2003 12:50 AM

That reminds me, I have to play my rom of that sometime.

D3k Feb 13th, 2003 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
That reminds me, I have to play my rom of that sometime.

Dear god NO!!! :puke

kinot Feb 13th, 2003 01:43 AM

Final Fantasy VII was a very excellent game. But I would have to say is that part 6 was better (slightly)... It was more epic and had a lot more characters (with plenty of character development)... Better music too

ItalianStereotype Feb 13th, 2003 01:56 AM

hell, i thought 7 was great. i dont know if it was my favorite...9 was my least favorite. i dont know why everybody bitches about leveling up so much, i never level up completely. i beat both weapons and sephiroth and i didnt have a SINGLE master summon...

Carnivore Feb 13th, 2003 03:05 AM

Greatest console game ever!

But I can't say anything bad about any other games in the series either. They're all excellent. I just prefer VII. Coolest settings, excellent characters... mostly (I hate Cait Sith), incredible music, and greatest villain ever!