I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   NHL 2012-2013 Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708812)

Kitsa Oct 6th, 2012 10:52 PM

NHL 2012-2013 Season

*crickets*

Tadao Oct 7th, 2012 11:18 AM

THE KINGS BROKE THE SYSTEM EVERYONE PANIC

Colonel Flagg Oct 8th, 2012 01:12 PM

82 down, 2378 to go. :tear

Kitsa Oct 9th, 2012 11:34 PM

Poor Jackets, it's like "Things are looking up, we've got a new roster, traded our Big Star, got the All-Star venue and....oh."

AChimp Oct 11th, 2012 08:17 AM

Poor Jets, it's like "YEAH WE GOT A TEAM BACK AND.... oh." :(

Zomboid Oct 12th, 2012 02:52 AM

I went to high school with the girl that is part of that obnoxious radio morning show trio in Winnipeg. They just switched from one station to another. I'm guessing your average citizen of Winnipeg would know what I'm talking about.

Tadao Oct 12th, 2012 12:51 PM

So what's the word. I don't want to read the news at CBC.

Zomboid Oct 12th, 2012 04:22 PM

Why, braw?

Tadao Oct 12th, 2012 05:38 PM

Because I hate reading nowadays. It's so full of bullshit and rich people fighting over rich things. I just want to know when I can put on my jersey without having to listen to assholes.

Tadao Oct 12th, 2012 05:42 PM

For me it's an american thing with the football and the bball and the hockey and the president. I'm so tired. :(

AChimp Oct 12th, 2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 762767)
I went to high school with the girl that is part of that obnoxious radio morning show trio in Winnipeg. They just switched from one station to another. I'm guessing your average citizen of Winnipeg would know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, it caused quite a stir! Then everyone realized we don't listen to radio anymore.

Dimnos Oct 13th, 2012 08:00 PM

I can get on board with a fuck radio thread if that is where this is going.

Colonel Flagg Oct 14th, 2012 09:16 PM

Well, since there's still no hockey, have at it.

Kitsa Oct 15th, 2012 07:40 AM

The Jackets' facebook feed is a steady stream of updates from Springfield, as if anyone can get excited about that.

I MISS 2008 :(

Zomboid Oct 16th, 2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 762849)
I can get on board with a fuck radio thread if that is where this is going.

IT'S HORRIBLE.

AChimp Oct 16th, 2012 06:29 PM

OH SHIT 50/50

WhiteRat Oct 17th, 2012 01:24 AM

Zach Parise is growing restless.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 22nd, 2012 10:28 PM

nhl.com has resorted to stories like this on its main page

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643744&navid=DL|NHL|home

ROWDY RODDY PIPER BEATS UP HOCKEY PLAYER....FRIENDS FOR LIFE.

Kitsa Oct 23rd, 2012 11:06 PM

I saw a listing for hockey tonight and was like wtf, but it was a Canucks-Penguins game from 2010.

Kitsa Nov 23rd, 2012 03:59 PM

From CBJ-

Dear Fans,

Last January's exciting news that the National Hockey League had awarded the 2013 All-Star Celebration to Columbus was a testament to the outstanding support of our fans and spoke to the strength of Central Ohio as a hockey market. Unfortunately, due to the absence of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and NHL, we have been informed by the League that this year's event has been cancelled.

While we are especially disappointed for our fans, who responded so enthusiastically to this event coming to Columbus, we believe that today's news is merely a postponement. We can assure you that our commitment to bringing All-Star festivities to our city is as strong as ever. The NHL continues to believe Columbus will be a great host and will work with us to bring the event here as soon as possible.

Over the past several months, our staff has worked extremely hard with the League, the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, our public officials and numerous members of the local business and hospitality communities on this project. Our goal was simple - to host the best All-Star Weekend the NHL has ever seen - and it remains our goal today. We believe Nationwide Arena, the Arena District and the entire Central Ohio community offer a truly unique setting for this event and we know Columbus will be a great host when the All-Star Celebration does come here.

We understand this is a challenging time for all of us who love the game of hockey, but we are confident we will get through it together. No one is as eager as we are to take the ice as we have made a number of significant improvements to our organization, highlighted by John Davidson recently joining the Blue Jackets as President of Hockey Operations.

We are dedicated to building a world class organization with a winning culture led by a team that competes at a high level every night and ultimately wins the Stanley Cup. We have turned the page on the past and together with you will achieve new levels of success in the future. As JD said at his introductory press conference, we're going to do this "one brick at a time and build a team Columbus will be proud of."

Regards,

Mike Priest
President

Babs Nov 23rd, 2012 06:37 PM

When I heard this, I immediately thought "Kitsa is not going to be pleased". So long to the all star game.

Kitsa Nov 23rd, 2012 10:23 PM

I would have been more surprised if they hadn't cancelled it.

Still, sad. The Jackets are the Charlie Browns of hockey. "I got a stick of gum!" "I got a penny!" "I got a chocolate bar!" "...I got a rock."

Just can't catch a damn break. But as NHL teams go, you couldn't ask for a more accessible or fan-friendly team. Sometimes having no reason to go prima donna pays off.

Mike Tobacco Nov 23rd, 2012 10:46 PM

It never ceases to impress me how the Ohio sports fan takes it in stride. Kudos!

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 24th, 2012 12:55 PM

I'm very displeased with gary bettemen and his approach to not fucking up this hockey this season.

Fuck you gary

Kitsa Nov 24th, 2012 09:00 PM

I thought they learned their lesson from the last time this happened. I really did.