I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Games you want to see on a handheld (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26350)

Jeff The Ninja Jul 4th, 2007 11:58 PM

Games you want to see on a handheld

For me, it would be Duke Nukem 3D. It would be the perfect FPS for a handheld. Its fast, fun and the levels are short enough.

Esuohlim Jul 5th, 2007 12:53 AM

Earthbound

Mockery Jul 5th, 2007 01:30 AM

The Secret of Monkey Island on the Nintendo DS. The split screen would be perfect for inventory and the pen would work great for getting around in the game.

Angryhydralisk Jul 5th, 2007 01:50 AM

Super Smash Bros. is the only one I can think of that HASN'T been done. And isn't that on the way?

Final Fantasy Tactics? PSP re-make will rule, the GBA is weak. People only gave it high ratings because it was tactics on the handheld.

StarFox? Done. Thankfully better than all the other StarFox games now.

Mario Kart? Done right.

Castlevania? Done.

Resident Evil? Done (Though not in a good way.)

DooM? Done.

Twisted Metal? Done.

Shitty Godzilla fighter made by Atari? Done.

Earthbound? Done twice...in Japan.

When you really think about it...every series has some handheld companion.

Esuohlim Jul 5th, 2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk (Post 495597)
Earthbound? Done twice...in Japan.

Well that's all well and good for Japan but here in God's country I want to be able to fight Master Barf in the checkout line of my grocery store >:

the_dudefather Jul 5th, 2007 03:07 AM

theme hospital, which I prefer to theme park
dungeon keeper

Fathom Zero Jul 5th, 2007 03:35 AM

Oblivion... oh wait. :rollseyes

But a good Goldeneye game, a port of it, a spiritual sequal even, would be awesome so long as it's in the same vein as the original. Do-able by today's hardware.

Jeff The Ninja Jul 5th, 2007 10:29 PM

Any PC first person shooter can work on the DS. The Stylus is a good replacement for the mouse (besides my hand cramping up while playing Metroid Prime Hunters). But with the DS becomming the newest system on which all the old school sequels and remakes are coming out for, i am hoping for a New Double Dragon game. Its the perfect time for it. They could put in more moves, more weapons, and more violence against hookers weilding whips.

Esuohlim Jul 5th, 2007 11:01 PM

The thing I don't like about the DS is that, because of the stylus, you can never just lay down somewhere and play. I always have to set it on a table and sit in front of it if I'm playing for more than 10 minutes :(

Earthbound should have gone to the GBA anyway :(

ArrowX Jul 6th, 2007 01:21 AM

Joe and Mac

and X-Com game on the DS

Guitar Woman Jul 6th, 2007 01:47 AM

The Longest Journey, although I know that will never ever happen ever :(

Perndog Jul 6th, 2007 11:31 AM

Gyromite.

ArrowX Jul 6th, 2007 12:19 PM

General Chaos

and I'm surprised nobody said EVO: Search for Eden

noob3 Jul 6th, 2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 495701)
The thing I don't like about the DS is that, because of the stylus, you can never just lay down somewhere and play. I always have to set it on a table and sit in front of it if I'm playing for more than 10 minutes :(

Earthbound should have gone to the GBA anyway :(

is your left hand really that goddamn weak you have to set the fucker on a table?

i would like to see a good port of resident evil 2, 3, ect. also, more final fantasy!

Esuohlim Jul 6th, 2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 495749)
is your left hand really that goddamn weak you have to set the fucker on a table?

My wrist cramps up every time :tear

zeldasbiggestfan Jul 7th, 2007 03:04 AM

Prehistoric Man. Goddamnit that would rule if it was one the GBA and if they didn't mess with ANYTHING.

Jeff The Ninja Jul 8th, 2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 495782)
My wrist cramps up every time :tear

Its not that bad man. Just play through it. I spent a couple of hours playng Metroid Prime on the DS using the stylus and now its the only way i can play the game. Its like analog sticks when FPS games started to use them. It feels weird now and your hand cramps up, but after a while you feel comfortable with it.

I would love to see Crusader No Mercy and Crusader No Remorse come to the DS. Imagine the Possibilities.

Esuohlim Jul 9th, 2007 02:28 AM

I just bought Puzzle Quest about a week ago and it's the only game I have that uses the stylus exclusively. And it's pretty addictive so I'm playing for hours at a time, but yeah you're sort of right. I starting to not really notice anymore.

Puzzle Quest is an awesome game by the way, everyone should get it

Perndog Jul 9th, 2007 09:46 AM

You probably don't notice anymore because your nerves have been completely worn out and gone numb, and carpal tunnel syndrome is right around the corner. :)

Shifty Jul 10th, 2007 03:03 PM

zombies ate my neighbours

timrpgland Jul 11th, 2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

For me, it would be Duke Nukem 3D. It would be the perfect FPS for a handheld. Its fast, fun and the levels are short enough.
Duke Nukem Advance is awesome at least...

Dr. V Jul 11th, 2007 10:15 PM

I'd like to see a port of a 'Craft game on DS. Like maybe WC 1 and 2 with expansions. Or even Diablo.

Chojin Jul 12th, 2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 495596)
The Secret of Monkey Island on the Nintendo DS. The split screen would be perfect for inventory and the pen would work great for getting around in the game.

meow

Mockery Jul 12th, 2007 02:38 AM

Funny you bring that up Choj... I have the R4DS unit arriving in the mail tomorrow. I ordered it last week specifically so I can put ScummVM on my DS to play Monkey Island and other classic LucasArts adventure games.
:picklehat

Fathom Zero Jul 12th, 2007 02:56 AM

Wierd. I was really planning on getting one, but I forgot about it. :(