I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699219)

MockBot Mar 12th, 2008 01:35 AM

The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8

Automatically generated comment thread for The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8.

captain516 Mar 12th, 2008 01:48 AM

great writing as usual. Beautifly Bizzare, just how I like it. the last one was my favorite.

Autrach Sejanoz Mar 12th, 2008 02:53 AM

Fan-damn-tastic work as ever, Max. Have you ever considered publishing a book of your work(I mean ALL your work; articles, poetry, artworks, etc.)?

Cubicle Ape & Alplachian Haiku were my favourites.

BTW, in Witch City, is Iron Dave the Rat Bastard the same Dave you mentioned numerous times in The I Don't Like It List?

simogene Mar 12th, 2008 06:29 AM

I've often had the same thought about Elmo, but never thought to write poetry about it. I usually just stomp on my son's toys for a while until I feel better.

I very much enjoyed Witch City, and I wondered the same thing as Autrach Sejanoz about Iron Dave.

Jigby Huggletinks Mar 12th, 2008 09:40 AM

Max, you are my hero in ways you couldn't possibly comprehend. You are quite possibly my all time favorite writer of any kind.

Grishnak Mar 12th, 2008 09:49 AM

Love it. Know one thing. Grish wants a cd of your poetry. Read by William Shatner and Christopher Walken and Ultimate Warrior!

Colonel Flagg Mar 12th, 2008 12:07 PM

Max, you rat bastard!

The only thing missing from this work of epic proportions is a soundtrack, preferably bongos and finger cymbals.

You use "words" to construct "sentences" that have not even been imagined by the craziest of manifesto writers - I wonder if there's a padded cell with your name on it somewhere.

Your "Appalachian Haiku" is not strictly a haiku (but it's still damned funny). And I'm sure you knew this already.

Anxiously awaiting "Part 9".

fluffkomix Mar 12th, 2008 01:01 PM

loved Alplachian Haiku. my fav. last one was pretty good too

wobzire Mar 12th, 2008 02:39 PM

I cannot think of a more horrifying thought than to imagine what your nightmares might look like burbank.

Dungeonbrownies Mar 12th, 2008 07:37 PM

By jove, i cant believe i still read these things -_-

Pentegarn Mar 12th, 2008 07:52 PM

I agree, Elmo DID ruin Sesame Street

beatpole Mar 12th, 2008 08:54 PM

It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I am. I mean, I've failed every poetry course I ever took in school or otherwise, but you suck. What I mean to say is, Thank You for sucking so hard. I may be laughing at you and not with you, but at least you made me laugh.

Tadao Mar 12th, 2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatpole (Post 538079)
It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I (am) <--redundant.
(I mean,)<--redundant
I've failed every poetry course I have ever took in school or otherwise, (but) <--no need for this you suck. (What I mean to say is,) <-- you like to hear yourself talk (Thank You for sucking so hard.) <--already established I may be laughing at you and not with you, (but at least you made me laugh.) <--redundant

Wow, you suck.

JoeyJoJoJr Mar 12th, 2008 09:19 PM

The best poetry comes from the most troubled minds, I love it Max

whoareyou Mar 12th, 2008 11:43 PM

actually beatpole I passed all of my poetry classes(high school and college levels) and Max is a damn fine poet in the david sedaris vein. Witch City is fantastic. my personal favorite.

executioneer Mar 13th, 2008 12:04 AM

i'd say beatpole IS another whipping boy

discuss

El Sammo Mar 13th, 2008 06:16 AM

I've always hated Elmo. It's my opinion that he's responsible for Grovers crack addiction. How else is he to cope with the pain of knowing he's been replaced by that high-voiced annoying jackass? There is no other way, that's how. It's been proven scientifically. By scientists.

Colonel Flagg Mar 13th, 2008 03:53 PM

Pontificating,
Overbearing, Self-serving,
Pretentious beatpole.

Jaimas Mar 13th, 2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I am. I mean, I've failed every poetry course I ever took in school or otherwise, but you suck. What I mean to say is, Thank You for sucking so hard. I may be laughing at you and not with you, but at least you made me laugh.
You fail.

El Sammo Mar 13th, 2008 11:24 PM

Yeah beatpole, fuck off. I was always under the impression that poetry didn't have to have any kind of form or reason. It's called freeform I believe, I didn't pay that much attention in english class.

Tadao Mar 13th, 2008 11:27 PM

You guys are all suck ups.

Jigby Huggletinks Mar 14th, 2008 11:09 PM

This Beatpole fellow defies the ways of my Burbankist faith. He shall be eliminated in the quickest manner feasibly executable.

Jaimas Mar 15th, 2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

This Beatpole fellow defies the ways of my Burbankist faith. He shall be eliminated in the quickest manner feasibly executable.
That involves tying him to a chair and kicking him down the stairs.

fiercealmond Mar 15th, 2008 08:52 AM

I just woke up from a dream in which I was watching the spanish channel (Which I navigated with a map from Metroid) and the show I was watching mostly consisted of you walking out onto a lawn in pajamas and a bathrobe, yelling "I'm Max Burbank" at the top of your lungs, and me saying to the person watching TV with me "That lawn is in salem."

Tadao Mar 15th, 2008 12:48 PM

Oooo someone has a crush.

suck ups