I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scariest games? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702249)

brokensaint82 May 12th, 2009 01:47 PM

Scariest games?

What in your opinion are soem of te scariest games? For me 2 would be Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, both of the originals and ot the sequels....RE never really scaredme as much as i jumped at a couple things....to me thats not fear its a physical reaction, fear is a more psychological thing, and thats what SH and FF brought; thats what I think anyways

Dimnos May 12th, 2009 01:52 PM

The first Silent Hill.

Tadao May 12th, 2009 01:56 PM

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle

Ant10708 May 12th, 2009 02:04 PM

Eternal Darkness

brokensaint82 May 12th, 2009 02:06 PM

i forgot about that one....wasnt so much scary as just fucked up though....blue screen of death my ass

robo_rob May 12th, 2009 04:06 PM

Condemned

King Hadas May 12th, 2009 05:08 PM

The scariest game for me was always Red Rover. I was the weakest link in the chain you see, because of my sweaty palms. When kids came barreling into me and my partners my neighbor's hand would just slip right out of my grip. Soon my weakness would be discovered and then the other team would always run towards me and they'd never Red Rover me over because they realized how detrimental I was to my own party, not unlike Hitler. Soon I'd begin feigning stomach illness so I wouldn't upset my teammates any further.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 12th, 2009 05:09 PM

Clock Tower. I was living in my parents basement when this came out and my mother burst through a sheet form the other side of the basement. From a laying down position on my bed I shot up the stairs and slammed the door. I even heard the scissorman soundtrack in my head.

Resident Evil 1 Directors cut. This game had me walking down stairs sideways so I could see above and below me at the same time.

Antithusiasm May 12th, 2009 05:52 PM

I thought Dead Space was a pretty creepy game. Not terrifying, but it has a great atmosphere, music and plenty of those "holy shit what is that?" moments.

bigtimecow May 12th, 2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antithusiasm (Post 628307)
I thought Dead Space was a pretty creepy game. Not terrifying, but it has a great atmosphere, music and plenty of those "holy shit what is that?" moments.

see though, that's the problem with "scary" games. they're just like OH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT WAIT NEVERMIND IT WAS JUST SOME ABSTRACT SPLASH OF GHOST FUCK THAT ISN'T EVEN ANYTHING AND WAS REALLY DUMB

fuck man, you know what's actually scary? G-MAN. that motherfucker was everywhere and is the creepiest fuck ever

brokensaint82 May 12th, 2009 08:27 PM

G-Man was everywhere yeah thats true and yeah that is kinda scary....what scared me the most about him though was you NEVER knew wtf he was up to and WHY he was always fuckin there man

kahljorn May 12th, 2009 09:56 PM

I dunno I think the scariest parts in videogames are when you have low health or somethin and you're trying to make it somewhere so you're sneaking around and then all of a sudden some crazy thing tries to kill you :(

brokensaint82 May 12th, 2009 10:05 PM

another kinda scary game was Alone In The Dark...until it was raped when it came to the 360, but the old Playstation games were out before RE and SH...Clock Tower has been out forever and i have been lookin all over for the one that came out on the PS2 i have never been able to find it and since i cant i havent been able to play it which sucks

::EDIT:: just found this so maybe it'll get some memories goin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7J_J4WhIxE

LordSappington May 13th, 2009 01:02 AM

http://fizzlebot.com/sinthai/thehouse.htm

Ant10708 May 13th, 2009 09:54 AM

Resident Evil: Director's cut

LordSappington May 13th, 2009 06:49 PM

Fucking dog gets me every time. >:

robo_rob May 13th, 2009 09:42 PM

I remember when a bunch of kids were to scared to rent Taboo for the NES. Then it turned out to be amazingly boring, yet there still is occasionally that ONE person who still swears they are afraid to play it. Like how some people are about Ouija boards, just don't even want to be near it.

LordSappington May 13th, 2009 11:33 PM

ELABORATE.

brokensaint82 May 14th, 2009 12:22 PM

I heard Taboo was boring and just well not fun so i never played it and as far as quiji boards go its kinda funny cause i tried it once with a couple friends and it spelled out redrum which i thought was weird since rum is usually brown or clear

kahljorn May 14th, 2009 01:04 PM

when i played that stupid game I could tell by looking at my friends face that he was the one who moved it :(

robo_rob May 14th, 2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 628471)
ELABORATE.

It was essentially a fortune telling game based on a Tarot Card program. The fact that it had a warning label and all this hype that is was magic made it like Satan in a cartridge for parents.

It was the equivalent of a fortune telling app for smartphones.

All the same, kids in my neighborhood were afraid to go near it at the rental store. It was about the same time as a big crackdown on Satanic material was going on in my area.

I rented it and yeah... told everybody it was boring. Probably part of the whole rumor that i was satanic for awhile growing up.

Tadao May 14th, 2009 01:32 PM

Dude, you should have made up some tale for the schoolyard.

robo_rob May 14th, 2009 01:35 PM

yeah, in hindsight I should have.

Like OMIGID! The lights started flickering, and like stuff was floating! And Satan appeared demanding my soul!

brokensaint82 May 14th, 2009 08:51 PM

And a waffle. Satan really likes waffles i hear. Anyways just played F.E.A.R. 2 on a friends 360 for a few minutes........god it sucked. Like take your vaccum cleaner and put it against your hand, you feel that sucking? Worse than that........black hole proportions would be appropriate i beleif. Not scary not good

Tadao May 14th, 2009 09:12 PM

Please stop trying to be funny.