I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   :( (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8228)

Rongi Dec 23rd, 2003 02:25 PM

:(

There's this beautiful, brilliant girl in acting class that I really like :(. She's everything I've ever wanted in a girl and even a little more. But I feel as though she's on a higher level then me and if I upproached her I'd ruin our semi-friendship :/. It's not like she's snobby, oh no she's very nice. I just think she's a lot better then me and asking her out or something wouldn't be a good idea, but I really like her. What do I do :(?

PS. All idiots ( payne, mad max, etc. ) will be ignored and most likely laughed at.

HickMan Dec 23rd, 2003 02:40 PM

I thought the same thing. I know a wonderful girl that I am going out with since the beginning of the school year. I thought she was on a higher level too. She liked me as a friend, too. It sounds like we were friends longer than you were with this girl. But I still asked her out and she said yes.
If I were you, I'd become better friends with her and then ask her out. And talk to her. A lot, if you have her AIM name or something like that. :/
But hey, eventually, go for it. You got nothing to lose aside from a small friendship. And if she gets pissed at you just for asking her out. Well, the way you described her, she wouldn't get mad.

Ghost of Fraiser Dec 23rd, 2003 02:53 PM

God Dammit, I am going to tell you what I told Professor Cool when he was worried about asking out the girl who is now his Fiancee.

Suck it up, and give it a go. You might as well cut off your penis and give your brain a lobotomy if you aren't going to use either of them. Would you rather...

A) Try to ask her out. Get turned down, but feel that at least you tried and she just wasnt going to be the one

B) Obsess over her from afar, never trying. If she's so damn smart she'll notice it and think you some kind of freak.

Hell, she might be impressed that you would ask her out of the blue like that. If she turns you down, do NOT say "Just Kidding", that will ruin any cahnce in the future with her because you insulted her, I know that for a fact.

That's basically what I told him, and if he didn't give it a try like he was planning to until i told him that, it would of been the stupidest thing he ever did.

ScruU2wice Dec 23rd, 2003 02:54 PM

think of what a relationship would be like if one is completely in love with the other and the other isn't even partially as committed...

I think it wouldn't work out well if you are willing to do everythign for her and she can only return a quarter of the love to you. But do whatever you feel is right just think of the consequences of all your actions

Rongi Dec 23rd, 2003 03:07 PM

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I left out a part though :(

The last relationship she was in was really bad. She found out her boyfriend was a pot head ( actually, it wasn't even pot, it was oregono ) when he told her he had just smoked the best stuff in his entire life. So now she says she kinda off dating for a while :/

Ghost of Fraiser Dec 23rd, 2003 03:12 PM

That's a lie, whenever they say oh I just came off a bad break up, I not in the dating thing right now, it's a nice way of saying "Back Off"

If you really want this girl you should still try. Only then you will know if it's a definite yes or no.

HickMan Dec 23rd, 2003 03:24 PM

And if she is off of dating, still. There is no reason not to become really good friends with her.

CaptainBubba Dec 23rd, 2003 04:26 PM

Flirt like mad. Read her responses as well as you can. Keep making the flirting more obvious as she does (if she does). If it gets to a point where she keeps the flirting at a particular level and she never touches you then she doesnt like you. give up. If she keeps coming on harder and getting closer just kiss her.

Easier said than done though.

Protoclown Dec 23rd, 2003 06:08 PM

I know your pain, Rongi. There has been many a fine girl I wanted to ask out but didn't for one reason or another. I'm too fucking shy and I always think the girls are above my level.

Which is exactly why you should go for it. Otherwise, you'll end up like me.

FartinMowler Dec 23rd, 2003 06:32 PM

Brush your teeth and where deodorant and wear a clean shirt and comb your hair and ask her to lunch and if she refuses then slink away slowly but look cool.

See I didn't say anything rude. >: Post a picture of her later. :)

Big McLargehuge Dec 23rd, 2003 06:48 PM

I had the same problem and when I finally asked her out she said that she had a boyfriend and would still want to hang out with me if she wasn't going to study in Spain for the next semester. The moral is: don't ask her out, or she will make up a boyfriend and pretend to move to Spain. :(

Rongi Dec 23rd, 2003 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
Easier said than done though.

What an understatement :(. I mean, that could work but if I did that infront of my teacher I'd get thrown out probably :(.

Quote:

I'm too fucking shy and I always think the girls are above my level.
That is exactly my fucking problem. I had the chance to date this girl over the summer ( she would have fucked me too probably :( ), but I didn't take it cause I was a chicken shit :(

Quote:

Post a picture of her later.
I can't afford a camera. I have a picture of me, but I dunno where my scanner is :(. Besides, she's a lot cuter then me :(

Rongi Dec 23rd, 2003 07:55 PM

Tommorrow I have rehersal ( yes, on christmas eve ) and I will prepare for tommorrow by furiously masturbating tonight and getting piss drunk ( hopefully I'll be a little drunk tommorrow, which will make it easier )

CaptainBubba Dec 23rd, 2003 08:02 PM

Just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. For fucks sake man, you don't have to ask her out right off the bat. Feign an interest in merely a friendship at first.

That sounds really evil but thats the way it has to be sometimes to feel things out and not ruin a friendship.

Royal Tenenbaum Dec 23rd, 2003 09:14 PM

Yeah, just ask her if she'd like to go get some lunch sometime. Or find out what types of things she likes to do, and then ask her if she wants to come with you somewhere. See if she'll even be your friend outside of acting first.

jin Dec 23rd, 2003 09:46 PM

Even the prettiest girls poop. :D

Superiority is a myth.

Ghost of Fraiser Dec 23rd, 2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi
( she would have fucked me too probably :( )

An attitude like that makes me wonder if you deserve a lady like that >:

HickMan Dec 23rd, 2003 10:14 PM

LOOKS HAVE NOTHING TO DO IN THE WAY OF LUVVE.

Rongi Dec 23rd, 2003 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfecto Suspecto
An attitude like that makes me wonder if you deserve a lady like that >:

I was kidding :/

Besides, I heard she's like a lesbian now or something :eek

Royal Tenenbaum Dec 24th, 2003 12:04 AM

You weren't kidding. :lol

Dole Dec 24th, 2003 06:27 AM

"She found out her boyfriend was a pot head"
-No!! Have you suggested counselling? I don't think you should try and take advantage of her in such a fragile emotional state, I mean SHE MIGHT HAVE POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER OR SOMETHING

Royal Tenenbaum Dec 24th, 2003 11:30 AM

But, it wasn't pot, it was oregano. So, I guess she just found out her boyfriend was a fucking idiot.

Suck 'n' Fuck Dec 24th, 2003 11:39 AM

Who the fuck smokes oregano, and why the fuck madness would they smoke oregano? I could probably get a better high by sniffing my own farts.

Protoclown Dec 24th, 2003 12:24 PM

Anyway, Rongi, you have nothing to lose so you may as well go for it. If you do NOTHING, you'll never see her again after the acting class is over. It's a mistake I've been making all my life. You should go balls out and see what happens.

FartinMowler Dec 24th, 2003 12:52 PM

Do you guy's actually get out in the real world and socialize with ladies or what? I met my wife and many ladies before her and I don't remember a mouse and keyboard having anything to do with it.

[/quote]Otherwise, you'll end up like me.
Quote:

It's a mistake I've been making all my life