I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Indiana Jones's Ten Finest Moments (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699785)

GRUMPYNZ May 22nd, 2008 04:53 AM

Great list. My favourite moment is definitely when he joins the mourners in Last Crusade. Funny stuff.

GRUMPYNZ May 22nd, 2008 04:54 AM

Gutted to hear the list remains unchanged!

Relaxing Dragon May 22nd, 2008 10:05 AM

Kinda expected, though I'd be lying if I said some of the new scenes didn't wow me.

MarioRPG May 22nd, 2008 04:22 PM

I'm glad the Hitler moment was included. I was like 'oh sh--- haha' when I first saw it.

Duct Tape Ninja May 22nd, 2008 07:04 PM

Knowing the movie didn't change the list makes my dicision final, i'm not seeing the new movie until the dvd comes out because i'm a cheapo. The skewer scene has to my favorite, it was unexpected.

Jaimas May 22nd, 2008 10:01 PM

It's not an Indy moment, but I liked the scene in Crusade where the Imam gave the Nazis aid in permission for a sweet roadster. "You shall have men, camels, supplies, equipment... And Tanks."

pezjohnson May 22nd, 2008 11:15 PM

After watching Raiders this past weekend, I was actually thinking about sending you a "10 things I like about Raiders", but then I thought better of it. One of the things on my list was that Alfred Molina was in it. I was going to call that entry "Dr. Octopus double-crosses Indy for the Idol.
Oh well, I'll leave the 10 things list to the pros.

Colonel Flagg May 23rd, 2008 07:14 PM

I liked the bit of (probably edited) choreographed fighting in ToD between the prince and Short Round juxtaposed with Indy and .... was it big thugee dude? Anyway it was nicely done.

It probably doesn't make your top ten, Proto, but I liked it. :\

Count Mek May 26th, 2008 10:05 PM

Never seen any of them, but I'm meaning to; Indy looks bad ass :D

Kybo Ren May 26th, 2008 11:33 PM

Good ol' Hitler: "He's as clumsy as he is stupid"

Found out Indy's horse in crusade was Rambo's horse in III.
gotta agree with #1 moment, specially since Ford winged it.

Don't blame Lucas for Jarjar, his adopted kid was responsible for that crapper.
Blame Lucas for listening to poor advisors. and the kid was the jedi on the platform w/ bail in sith.
sure lucas should learn to say no, but that might've stopped Indy from comin back.

pac-man May 26th, 2008 11:51 PM

They're all kickass. The skewer through the stomach would rank higher than the bridge cutting in my book, but that's nitpicky. The shooting of the swordsman in Raiders is easily #1.

And I blame Lucas for Jar Jar. Part of the reason kids don't write movies is because they're fucking stupid.

ZeldaII May 29th, 2008 01:30 AM

Oh, man. Did this ever bring back memories. My favorite Indy moment: "Chilled monkey's brains, Dr. Jones." The most memorable dinner party ever.

Terrible-D Jun 6th, 2008 01:36 AM

"No time fo' love, doctah Jones!"

JJ_Maniac Jun 10th, 2008 04:11 PM

I'm surprised the "father using umbrella to kill guy with seagulls" moment didn't make the list, it's one of the most unexpected things I've ever seen in a movie.

Protoclown Jun 10th, 2008 05:15 PM

And it's truly awesome, one of the best moments in the series, no doubt. But it's not something Indy did, it was his father. If I'd called it "Dr. Jones's Ten Finest Moments" I could have cheated and used that one, but I didn't.

JJ_Maniac Jun 10th, 2008 06:11 PM

Yeah, I love that part because it's one of the very few times when Jones Senior is not only comedic relief but saves Indy when it looks like they're going to die. I'd also like to add that Sean Connery retiring tore a hole through my heart, as he was one of the great actors of our age.

darkkitten Mar 22nd, 2011 12:19 AM

One of my favorite moments that didnt make it is the guy in TOD getting his heart ripped out.But the swords man getting shot will always be numero uno in my book.