I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics 'n Books (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The Return of Bruce Wayne (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704655)

timrpgland May 16th, 2010 04:07 PM

The Return of Bruce Wayne

If you remember Gaiman's issues, some hints along the way and the recent cave digging by Dick it's been leading up to the return of Wayne.

Issue #1 came out last Wed and I just read it. It was very cryptic (Morrison) but it's more acceptable since it's basically Batman's state of mind through "time". Issue #1 was caveman Wayne. The suit he comes up with in the caveman era is actually kind of cool... The art is well done and the issue read fairly well. The ending teases issue #2 and the next time era.

With Batman & Robin 12 giving us the return of the other most iconic Batman character, it should be a fun couple of months. I thought Quitely was going to return for that but I guess plans have changed.

I'm curious as to how they are going to handle the return of Bruce. Will it be similar to Steve Roger's new role or will he actually take up the mantle again?... maybe multiple Batmans at once? We can all tell that Damian doesn't necessarily like being Robin... drama...

Zomboid May 17th, 2010 02:51 PM

Yeah, I read it too.

Around the end of Final Crisis, I was living with a really fat, obsessive comic book fan. The guy was the living incarnation of the comic book guy from the simpsons, and that's not hyperbole. I told him that it was Batman in that cave at the end and that they wouldn't wait too long before bringing him back--that the omega beams just sent Batman back through time. Well, he was convinced that I was wrong, and I remember even making a bet. I'd call him on it, but I really don't ever want to talk to him again.

Anyway, the issue itself wasn't bad. I liked Batman's costume. I thought it was a bit "meh", but I'm hoping it'll build steam as it goes.

I stopped reading about Steve Rogers after Captain America Reborn. What's he been up to lately?

timrpgland May 18th, 2010 12:39 AM

He's now Head of Security.

Yeah with the Batman thing it wasn't necessarily a matter of the time he was in but the state of mind he's in. Each issue is going to be a different time and he will most likely uncover more of himself along the way.

I think this style of story arc is the kind Morrison is better at.

I kind of want him to take up the mantle again eventually but I also don't really mind how Grayson is handling the role.

Sam May 18th, 2010 12:41 AM

WHO WILL WIELD THE SHIELD COWL?

TheCoolinator May 19th, 2010 01:57 PM

Am I right to assume that they are attempting to copy "Planet Hulk" with the return of batman stuff? Because a recent issue I saw looked very similar to some recent Hulk storylines.

Pentegarn May 19th, 2010 07:04 PM

Comics borrowing from other comics stories?

That never happens :lol

Sam May 19th, 2010 09:57 PM

THEY ARE COPYING CAPTAIN AMERICA: REBORN, YOU FUCKING RETARD.

Pentegarn May 19th, 2010 10:02 PM

THE HELL YOU SAY!

Sam May 19th, 2010 10:03 PM

AM I RIGHT TO ASSUME THEY ARE COPYING "THE DARK PHOENIX SAGA" WITH THE RETURN OF BATMAN STUFF? BECAUSE A RECENT ISSUE I SAW LOOKED VERY SIMILAR TO SOME RECENT X-MEN STORYLINES.

Sam May 19th, 2010 10:04 PM

AM I RIGHT TO ASSUME THEY ARE COPYING "THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN" WITH THE RETURN OF BATMAN STUFF? BECAUSE A RECENT ISSUE I SAW LOOKED VERY SIMILAR TO SOME RECENT SUPERMAN STORYLINES.

Sam May 19th, 2010 10:04 PM

AND SO ON, AND SO FORTH. >:

TheCoolinator May 20th, 2010 09:00 AM

Hostility!

but seriously,

I saw the cover of a new batman comic and he was in a Savage land-esq batman costume in a full out brawl with aliens or something. He was shirtless and had a makeshift mask and cape.

I'm assuming that he's still in the other dimension / world so it kind of reminded me of Planet hulk. Jeez....the internet is serious business.

Pentegarn May 20th, 2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 686718)
Hostility!

(stuff nobody cares about)

Jeez....the internet is serious business.

Look either mock back, or shut up about it. This is i-mockery, not i-bitchery

TheCoolinator May 21st, 2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 686812)
WAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pentegarn May 21st, 2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 686860)
*gay picture*

:rolleyes

Guess you will keep acting like this is i-bitchery

Of course, complaining about your lot on here will only get you mocked more.

But please, keep doing what you think passes for replies, it makes you a great dummy target for us to practice our B and C game on (because nobody here would waste their A game on your half-assed routine)

kahljorn May 23rd, 2010 01:02 AM

COOLINATOR ALL THEY WER TRYING TO DO WAS TELL YOU THAT ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS, TIME LINES AND SUPERHEROS HAVE HAD THREESOMES SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN

TheCoolinator May 24th, 2010 08:58 AM

anyway,

whats going on with Bruce these days? Can someone give me a brief summary on whats going? I bought a few Batman comics after the battle for the cowl thing but never got the chance to read them.

Sam May 25th, 2010 02:45 AM

HE IS OBVIOUSLY DOING SOME "PLANET HULK" SHIT AS YOU SO EXPERTLY OBSERVED. :rolleyes

ALL THE SUPES GOT TIRED OF HIM FUCKING UP SHIT, SO THEY SENT HIS ASS TO SOME OUTER SPACE PLANET. :rolleyes

:rolleyes

Zhukov May 25th, 2010 09:50 AM

Last I saw Batman he was fighting in some sort of Arena against giant beasts.

Zomboid Jun 2nd, 2010 04:58 PM

No need to read the comics--just watch this DVD to get an animated version of the return of Bruce Wayne: http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Hulk-Tw.../dp/B002WNUVK2

TheCoolinator Jun 3rd, 2010 03:34 PM

Is Tommy Elliot now posing as Bruce Wayne?

captain516 Jun 4th, 2010 10:50 AM

I don't even like Grant Morrison's Batman, but this looked so damn cool, I had to pick it up.

timrpgland Jun 8th, 2010 06:13 AM

The 2nd issue wasn't quite as good.

They do the death and return thing a lot in comics... Comics also likes digging into the whole quantum mechanics stuff and multiverse ideas.

Sam just likes to bitch about Bruce Wayne's return because he is confused by all of Batman's storylines/villains/characters and doesn't follow Batman comics these days.

It's ok Sam. It's ok. We still have 8 Deadpool series going on now, am I right?!? :( Oh my beloved Deadpool.. What a whore you've become.. He's set for Marv vs Cap 3 too, ya know?

wizbenny Jun 8th, 2010 12:14 PM

Was there EVER any doubt he would come back? Or Superman? Or Captain America?

Hell, they brought BUCKY back from the dead!

Absolutely pointless killing someone in a comic .

timrpgland Jun 10th, 2010 04:37 AM

The main thing that I'm looking forward to the revealing of is what Wayne's role will be once he fully returns. Really, that's the key with these "returns". They allow focus off the main character, let some of the lesser characters get bigger playtime and give them a chance to alter the roles of each of the main characters.

For whoever has been following the main Batman series that are going on right now you'll know that the Grayson as Batman thing isn't actually all that bad. So I'm curious as to what they will end up doing in the end.