I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Devil's Rejects (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17700)

Chojin Jun 30th, 2005 11:31 PM

The Devil's Rejects

Saw an early screening of this today and don't really know what to think. A lot of parts both had no point and yet ended up being indirectly important. I liked it in general, and I believe everything has an adequate explanation for it happening, but there are some other things I would have liked to see in it.

I'm not being specific in SPOLIER tags or anything because I don't think anyone else has seen it, or will for another month or so. Suffice to say, it was an okay watch, but I probably won't ever want to see it again, and yet at the same time I feel it's important that movies like this exist to be contrast to the typical Hollywood formula.

Mockery Jul 1st, 2005 02:34 AM

What'd you think of Rob Zombie's first flick though? I couldn't stand it, so I don't have high hopes for this one. :/

Master of Demise Jul 1st, 2005 07:11 AM

I thought it wass bad ass. I can't wait for the sequel.

Chojin Jul 1st, 2005 05:40 PM

I thought the first one was largely stupid (and didn't like it), but again, sort of important that it exists.

Oh, I will say one thing about Rejects: No queer video filters at all.

deAdeNdz Jul 21st, 2005 11:47 PM

i thought House of 1000 Corpses was a brilliant movie and hugely entertaining for horror fans....Rob Zombie made it sick as shit but still fun for the maintstream audiences who like being disgusted...can't wait for the sequel this weekend!

imported_Hollycaust Jul 22nd, 2005 04:26 AM

OH i don't think id feel comfortable seating in the dark with a hundred people from the fiery depths of hell. ew

pissed off salesman Jul 22nd, 2005 11:17 PM

I only saw the original one simply because Bill Moseley (who played Choptop in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.) was in it.

marmielake Jul 23rd, 2005 06:14 AM

is it scary in a realistic way?
(i really want to know, not trying to be a smartass)

pissed off salesman Jul 23rd, 2005 02:22 PM

Do you mean like "Fuck, this could actually happen to me!"? If so, no.

Now the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, yes that could happen.

marmielake Jul 23rd, 2005 02:51 PM

ok good. i love scary movies but i hate those realistic ones that seem like it could happen possibly

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 24th, 2005 06:15 PM

I thought it was pretty much a Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-off for the most part, save for mabye the mine-shaft part.

marmielake Jul 24th, 2005 11:13 PM

ive heard alot of people say that.

Ninjavenom Jul 25th, 2005 01:49 AM

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the only good horror movie ever made, so any good one seems like a rip-off by comparison. Impossible to avoid.

marmielake Jul 25th, 2005 01:59 AM

the second one was horrible. except for "lick my plate you dog dick!!!"

Zomboid Jul 25th, 2005 12:46 PM

Can you maybe stop replying so fucking much?

marmielake Jul 25th, 2005 02:02 PM

lick my plate you dog dick!!!
>:

Supafly345 Jul 26th, 2005 10:22 PM

BUT PEOPLE LOVE IT WHEN I TALK.

Krythor Jul 26th, 2005 10:30 PM

#1001 soultaker am i right

Yggdrasill Jul 27th, 2005 11:08 AM

The forums need an 'am I right' emoticon :amiright seriously

soundtest Jul 27th, 2005 05:48 PM

i don't get it

Ninjavenom Jul 29th, 2005 03:15 PM

Will one of you faggots actually see this goddamned movie, or are you just going to post in this thread about bullshit?

Marc Summers Jul 29th, 2005 07:04 PM

Your avatar makes it hard to take you seriously :(

DeadKennedys Jul 30th, 2005 01:50 AM

It's for the sake of irony

SPINE WINE

adept_ninja Aug 1st, 2005 01:46 AM

It was a great movie but if you didnt like the first one dont bother seeing this one. The whole movie is the killers running away from a cop whos basically gone crazy; he thinks his gods right hand of justice. Their house gets raided by the police when the movie starts, and only rob zombies wife and otis get away. I dont want to ruin the story but its got a cool ending and worth your $8 if you like horror. Dont get me wrong though its not scary at all but its very fun to watch.

Zomboid Aug 4th, 2005 06:29 PM

I liked it. I thought the first one was too much of an "homage" to TCM and the like and not enough of it's own movie, but this was a pretty good sequel. Dunno why everyone's saying it's incredibly disturbing though. No worse than a lot of movies.