I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "A Woman Should Know Her Place" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15090)

Emu Nov 17th, 2004 11:19 PM

"A Woman Should Know Her Place"

There's this weird fucking billboard here that says "A Woman Should Know Her Place" and it looks like it's smattered with blood. I can't figure out what the fuck it's supposed to mean or what the point of it is, but I was wondering if this billboard was anywhere else? (COME ON ALL YOU ILLINOIS FAGS I'M SURE YOU'VE SEEN IT :( )

eggyolk Nov 17th, 2004 11:23 PM

What town!?

thebiggameover Nov 17th, 2004 11:33 PM

pics please...

Emu Nov 18th, 2004 12:27 AM

I'll get a pic tomorrow.

eggyolk: I've seen it in Peoria.

ScruU2wice Nov 18th, 2004 12:29 AM

I don't leave my house anymore, though...

GADZOOKS Nov 18th, 2004 01:12 AM

Peoria :/

No, didn't see one in Chicago.

Emu Nov 18th, 2004 02:10 AM

One of my friends thinks it might be for a local jewelery store. Still, that's a weird fucking ad.

GADZOOKS Nov 18th, 2004 02:13 AM

Now it sounds a tad familiar, but I can't recall any blood.

Imadjinn Nov 18th, 2004 05:17 AM

Maybe it WAS blood?!

That or red paint... But it's probably blood.

MetalMilitia Nov 18th, 2004 06:06 AM

Its probably part of the new anti domestic violence campaign i think i saw on the news. There are other things like fake makup adverts for covering up bruises.

dreaddi Nov 18th, 2004 06:20 AM

MetalMilitia is probably right, but there was also this ad campaign for some fashion designer(s) where'd they'd photograph women set up to look like they died. Some of them were just in those artsy poses lying on the ground so it wasn't so obvious, but one of them, advertising a hat I think, looked like a photograph of a holocaust victim or something... so you never know, advertising is creepy.

Crimson Ghost Nov 18th, 2004 05:12 PM

Women belong on their knee's or in the kitchen.

Emu Nov 18th, 2004 05:13 PM

I'm gonna take my camera and get a picture of one of the boards today.

kellychaos Nov 18th, 2004 05:16 PM

Shut up and get me a beer! >:

Crimson Ghost Nov 18th, 2004 05:20 PM

If any woman tried to kick my I ass; I'd be like: You get you bitch ass back in the kitchen, and make me some Pie

kellychaos Nov 18th, 2004 05:25 PM

I want to put my cigarette out on your face. :)

Anonymous Nov 18th, 2004 05:26 PM

for fuck's sake

kellychaos Nov 18th, 2004 05:39 PM

Now there's a woman who knows her place.

ArrowX Nov 18th, 2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost
If any woman tried to kick my I ass; I'd be like: You get you bitch ass back in the kitchen, and make me some Pie

Why are you so goddamn terrible? Thats liek saying MMMKAY was your Idea.

Anonymous Nov 18th, 2004 08:25 PM

Maybe you two can form a treehouse.

Or a 'garagehouse' out of respect to the structural integrity of the tree.

What I'm trying to say is that you're fat.

McMock Nov 19th, 2004 03:24 AM

What I want to know is what guy is gonna start beating up his wife but then in the heat of the moment pause and go: 'no wait, the billboard was right'.

Jixby Phillips Nov 19th, 2004 04:18 AM

well when the picture comes up i'm going to photoshop it so instead of "woman" it says "fucktard" then i'm gonna post it all ":lol" then i'm gonna be like "oh crap i forgot to log into my mad max account"

okay

ziggytrix Nov 19th, 2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMock
What I want to know is what guy is gonna start beating up his wife but then in the heat of the moment pause and go: 'no wait, the billboard was right'.

I think the campaigns are more aimed at trying to convince the women that it could end up a LOT worse than just a few bruises and that they should get the hell away from the pieces of shit who think a woman's place is at the end of his fist. The only thing that would help your average wifebeater is a nice, smooth sodium thiopental hypo.

McMock Nov 19th, 2004 12:31 PM

Yeah, what I said was a bit of a joke. I thought the idea of a guy beating his wife up and then going: "duh. What I'm doing is actually a bad thing!" was funny.

Sadly little is gonna change with these campaigns because it's what makes a man a wifebeater that sometimes attracts a certain kind of woman as well and those women are really easy and are afraid to see reality, but anything that helps, is good, i guess.

sadie Nov 19th, 2004 12:32 PM

explaining your jokes makes them even funnier.