I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   So do you think the world will end in 2012? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704437)

Kitsunexus Mar 28th, 2010 11:05 PM

So do you think the world will end in 2012?

Personally I don't, I believe our world will end when the sun becomes a red giant (billions of years off, thankfully) but I know some people who do believe in the 2012 doomsday thing, despite anthropologists having explained that the Mayans just stopped making the calendar for 2012.

Also I HATE it when people phrase the question as "do you think 2012 will happen?". YES NIMROD 2012 WILL HAPPEN AS SURE AS 2010 HAPPENED AND 1987 HAPPENED. Jeez, the idiots I work with.

Anyway, is there any conclusive evidence that I might have overlooked about 2012 and doomsday? (PROTIP: Passages and examples from religious literature are not what I would consider to be "conclusive" evidence.)

Grislygus Mar 28th, 2010 11:09 PM

The Mayan calendar counts down and ends at 2012, at which point a new era begins and the calendar starts over. Everyone with half a brain already knew this. Unfortunately, the folks at the History channel dug it up, informed the idiots, assumed that because it counted down that it would end and dug up anything that they could find to coincide with it and make it appear to be SPOOOOOOKY. Meanwhile, religious groups everywhere continued to spazz, because they have no idea what tools they are

But yeah, there's totally conclusive evidence that you missed.

Esuohlim Mar 29th, 2010 12:00 AM

I sure hope so goddamnit, this stupid world

Supafly345 Mar 29th, 2010 12:13 AM

I think the thread should be "Does anyone actually believe the world will end in 2012"? Because that is the myth I think. I haven't met even by proxy anyone who believes this. I think people have fallen so in love with debunking shit that stuff like this becomes well known just because everyone likes to feel so smart that they don't believe in something that NOBODY ELSE BELIEVES. Thank you hollywood for making us aware of this 1% of people who encompass the retard equivalent to retards.

Esuohlim Mar 29th, 2010 12:20 AM

I'm banking on it, it's all there in my bracket

Grislygus Mar 29th, 2010 12:55 AM

I'VE MET AND SPOKEN TO THESE PEOPLE

They don't believe it totally, they'll bring up the subject and laugh when you make fun of the idea, but then suddenly take a left turn into genuine seriousness with a one-sided conversation including, but not limited to, all of the following comments:

"Yeah, but isn't it weird that . . . but I read that . . . I know it isn't real, but . . . Still, wouldn't you admit that . . . hypothetically. . . wouldn't it be strange if . . . because I saw this one thing, and this one guy was on, and he said that Nostradamus . . . Look, I know it isn't true, alright? I'm not saying that it is, okay? I'm just saying that there are a lot of PRETTY WEIRD COINCIDENCES when it comes to Nostradamus . . . No, no, no! I know it isn't true! LISTEN TO ME. I'm. Just. Saying. That it's weird. Okay? It's weird. And I that wouldn't be surprised. All right? . . . No, I JUST SAID that I DON'T BELIEVE IN IT! Why aren't you listening to me?"

THEN DO YOU KEEP BLATHERING ON ABOUT "COINCIDENCES" AND "WEIRD" HAPPENSTANCE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN IT? YOU FUCKING TOOL

Grislygus Mar 29th, 2010 12:57 AM

:rage

Tadao Mar 29th, 2010 01:04 AM

It will be prime hunting season for crazy bitches who want to be violated before they die.

Zhukov Mar 29th, 2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 678645)

They don't believe it totally, they'll bring up the subject and laugh when you make fun of the idea, but then suddenly take a left turn into genuine seriousness with a one-sided conversation including, but not limited to, all of the following comments:

"Yeah, but isn't it weird that . . . but I read that . . . I know it isn't real, but . . . Still, wouldn't you admit that . . . hypothetically. . . wouldn't it be strange if . . . because I saw this one thing, and this one guy was on, and he said that Nostradamus . . . Look, I know it isn't true, alright? I'm not saying that it is, okay? I'm just saying that there are a lot of PRETTY WEIRD COINCIDENCES when it comes to Nostradamus . . . No, no, no! I know it isn't true! LISTEN TO ME. I'm. Just. Saying. That it's weird. Okay? It's weird. And I that wouldn't be surprised. All right? . . . No, I JUST SAID that I DON'T BELIEVE IN IT! Why aren't you listening to me?"

THEN DO YOU KEEP BLATHERING ON ABOUT "COINCIDENCES" AND "WEIRD" HAPPENSTANCE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN IT? YOU FUCKING TOOL

:lol

To be perfectly honest, there is a chance that the world will end in 2012, however, it's the same amount of chance (percentage?) that the world will end in 2011, or 2010, or 2050. Wiping ourselves out with nuclear war is probably the leading candidate from my point of view, but there's always black holes to think about.

Still, I'd be willing to bet that it wont happen.

executioneer Mar 29th, 2010 09:05 AM

i hope it does

The Leader Mar 29th, 2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 678647)
It will be prime hunting season for crazy bitches who want to be violated before they die.

Great minds think alike.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 29th, 2010 10:40 AM

A mix between Project DESTINI and Hilary Swanks acting.

Supafly345 Mar 29th, 2010 12:32 PM

Kitsunexus Mar 29th, 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 678645)

OH SHAYZUS KRIPES MAN, I know EXACTLY what fuckers you're talking about! These kinds of people are like RAMPANT in my town man.

I am going to laugh at everyone returning their shotgun shells and tuna fish on January 1st, 2012. :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 29th, 2010 04:22 PM

World End Date is 12/22/2012.

Sam Mar 29th, 2010 04:33 PM

WHO CARES? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO STOP IT? NOTHING. STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT AND LIVE YOUR FUCKING LIFE.

Tadao Mar 29th, 2010 04:55 PM

get laid

Sam Mar 29th, 2010 04:56 PM

GET FUCKING LAID

Dimnos Mar 29th, 2010 05:09 PM

BY FAT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!............................

Wait...... I didnt say that.... :\

Esuohlim Mar 29th, 2010 05:18 PM

I'M GOING TO SHOOT UP A BUNCH OF HEROIN AND IF THE WORLD DOESN'T END AT LEAST I'LL BE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS LIKE A FUCKING MAN

Tadao Mar 29th, 2010 05:32 PM

Do it to the Beatles - Happiness is a Warm Gun

Kitsunexus Mar 29th, 2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 678769)
Do it to the Beatles - Happiness is a Warm Gun

Why do that when he could do it to The Stranglers - Golden Brown?

Tadao Mar 29th, 2010 11:03 PM

fag

Esuohlim Mar 30th, 2010 12:58 AM

Happiness is a dead anime fan

Tadao Mar 30th, 2010 02:11 AM

BANG BANG SHOOT SHOOT