I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MORE Costume Party Ideas Please: (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037)

Blackjack Feb 26th, 2003 06:57 AM

MORE Costume Party Ideas Please:

Hello.

As you may or may not know, as a student I get invited to a lot of themed costume parties, from Rocky Horror to Apocalypse Now. This year the Architect's Ball costume party is entitled "Commercial Breaks" and we have to come as either characters or products from TV commercials, or a suit or costume made from coke cans or something.

I have a couple of ideas so far:

A T-Shirt saying something "Advertising Sucks - Brought to you by I-mockery.com" just like the bumper sticker AND getting in some BlatantTM advertising for Mockery. Either that or rip it off with something like "Advertising Sucks, brought to you by Starbucks Coffee. Starbucks Coffee - 'Drink our Coffee or we'll break your legs!'"

That would be funny.

Other ideas include Colonel Sanders (white suit, beard, bucket 'o chicken), the Man in Black from the Milk Tray adverts in the 80's, or even the Monkey from ITV Digital... neither of which you would have heard of.

Oh, or maybe a big TV remote control.

Any other ideas leap to mind? Preferably from really famous products which would be familiar over here.

Oh and Mock, we're gonna have data projectors of adverts running through the night, so I'm gonna see if we can't incorporate the "Best Commercial Ever!" with Arnie into the mix.

mburbank Feb 26th, 2003 10:54 AM

Do you know who Aunt Jemima is?

glowbelly Feb 26th, 2003 11:14 AM

haha. HA! OH MY HA HA!

george Feb 26th, 2003 11:24 AM

Blackjack, you should go with aunt jemima. it would be the funniest costume ever.

Buffalo Tom Feb 26th, 2003 11:39 AM

Black face it and run around yelling, 'Mastah! Mastah! Oh, lordy mastah!'. You'll be the hit of the party.

Blackjack Feb 26th, 2003 12:03 PM

Nope, I know not this aunt jemima. Is it anything to do with www.auntjemima.com at a guess?

In Britain all we get is Aunt Bessie and her Microwave Yorkshire puddings. Perfect every time.

mburbank Feb 26th, 2003 12:22 PM

You've got the right company, but she only started looking like that a few years ago. Most of my life, she looked like this:

If you've got a good costume budget, you could try going as Mrs. Butterworth, her competition, who gave me nightmares.

Bennett Feb 26th, 2003 12:33 PM

Get really high, and all night do all sorts of stupid and dangerous hijinks... come very close to getting yourself hurt/killed. Tape a sign to your back that says "Public Service Announcement"

Anonymous Feb 26th, 2003 12:35 PM

someone should kill you

James Feb 26th, 2003 12:39 PM

Wear black-rimmed glasses, carry a cell phone, and keep talking into it, saying "Can you hear me now? Gooood." the whole time.

Get an orange wig, rainbow striped shirt, kakhi shorts, and red converse shoes. Hang around the phones, and when somebody comes by, say "Need to make a call? DIAL DOWN THE CENTER!"

That's all I got for now.

Blatant Feb 26th, 2003 01:24 PM

Shave your pubes, stick your penis between your legs and you can be a small japanese boy

Anonymous Feb 26th, 2003 01:30 PM

isn't that where penises usually go

Misinformation Man Feb 26th, 2003 02:41 PM

DID YOU KNOW:

Aunt Jemima was a real person, and is still alive. To this day, "Aunt" Jemima Jackson has lived in the same old Kentucky home that she created the recipe for her syrup in.

whoreable Feb 26th, 2003 02:43 PM

THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER VALUABLE FACT :)
________
Digital Vaporizer

FS Feb 26th, 2003 03:04 PM

"I killed her! It's all happening again..."

Zomboid Feb 26th, 2003 03:28 PM

Heh...Barney.

Is anyone else a little creeped out by this?

mburbank Feb 26th, 2003 03:38 PM

SF; You know what's funny? In your post, Harold Ramis appears to be looking 'askance' at Mrs. Butterworth.

And yes, the 'Cosplay' Mrs. Butterworth scared me. I was looking for a Mrs Butterworth from the stop motion animation ad campaign they did in the seventies, which actually did give me a nightmare, and I was in HIGHSCHOOL!

Another comedy writing croney of mine who's gone on to become a huge asshole once suggested a sketch which was that scene from "The Graduate" where Anne bancroft is seducing Dustin Hoffman exceptg it's Mrs. Butterwirth instead of Mrs. Robison.

He never got around to writing it. And then he turned into a wicked iritating new age fuck who's wife left him for another woman.

Blackjack Feb 27th, 2003 08:24 AM

Thats some great idea Burbank, but most of the rest of the crowd won't be able to identify either syrup women.

Going as a giant bottle of syrup on the other hand? Genius!

More ideas people! More ideas!

Les Waste Feb 27th, 2003 09:27 AM

Do they give out those goddamn AOL discs everywhere in England? If so, get a bunch of those, like a hundred, and staple them to a garbage bag, and then wear the garbage bag.

That's not a very good idea. It would just look cool. :(

Bennett Feb 27th, 2003 09:50 AM

get a wig, basketball uniform, and a pair of high-heels, and goes as the woman from the Easy Spirit commercials.
"Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker!"

Blackjack Feb 27th, 2003 11:59 AM

Thats an idea: Making a costume out of all the junk mail I recieve in a fortnight. Ha-HA!

James Feb 27th, 2003 12:19 PM

I still say you should go as the "Can you hear me now?" guy.

glowbelly Feb 27th, 2003 12:21 PM

what?!

Blackjack Mar 3rd, 2003 09:52 AM

Right, unless you guys can top this, here is my idea:

I'm gonna go as "The Lynx Effect"

T-shirt with Lynx printed on it, and three comedy blowup dolls (and a sheep) filled with helium and attached to my belt with fishing line.

Beat that.

Anonymous Mar 3rd, 2003 10:08 AM

I'm glad you decided to stick with "lesbian." :)