I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   World Cup Football (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704765)

RaNkeri Jun 24th, 2010 12:41 PM

Hopefully this serves as a wake up call for them to get their feet back on the ground, gain humility and start working towards UEFA 2012.

Oh, and I saw Cannavaro shake hands, but that's to be expected of him.

Zhukov Jun 24th, 2010 12:50 PM

Well I just don't believe you. This world cup is serving as a wake up call for a lot of teams/players as I see it. Too bad a lot of them wont get another chance.

Dutchland should win against Cameroon, but I think Denmark v Japan could go either way. I think Portugal might beat Brazil, but the next exciting game for me is Chile v Spain, whom I hope and think will end in Chile winning.

RaNkeri Jun 24th, 2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 690092)
Well I just don't believe you. This world cup is serving as a wake up call for a lot of teams/players as I see it. Too bad a lot of them wont get another chance.

I meant how this should be taken into account in the preparations for the upcoming events by the coaching staff etc.

I'd say Netherlands will win Cameroon
Denmark v. Japan is hard to say, but I'd pick Japan
Portugal v. Brazil should be great, I hope Brazil will win this one
Spain should win Chile

Colonel Flagg Jun 24th, 2010 03:13 PM

It's a pity Africa's teams didn't fare any better.

Babs Jun 25th, 2010 02:37 PM

Slovakia vs Italy was pretty entertaining actually. It's a shame that Italy didn't get further :\

RaNkeri Jun 25th, 2010 02:55 PM

God damn it goalie of Chile, god damn it

RaNkeri Jun 25th, 2010 03:07 PM

Haha, his name is Bravo, oh the irony

Spain scores again!.... And Torres performs propably the worst dive I've seen since Rivaldo, and gets a Chilean player sent out :x

EDIT

RaNkeri Jun 25th, 2010 04:24 PM

Spain won 2-1, luckily Chile still made it to the round of 16.

Too bad they'll face Brazil next

Colonel Flagg Jun 25th, 2010 04:40 PM

The road to the cup for the USA goes straight through Brazil. :(

EDIT - Assuming they can at least get by Ghana :\

RaNkeri Jun 25th, 2010 05:07 PM

But not until the semi-finals, and getting there would be pretty fucking amazing for USA.

Colonel Flagg Jun 25th, 2010 08:08 PM

They actually have a shot - they should be favored against Ghana, and while beating the Dutch would be a major upset, they can do it.

Believe. :)

RaNkeri Jun 26th, 2010 03:49 AM

The Dutch are a good team capable of upsets, but I don't think they can get past Brazil in quarter finals. However, facing Netherlands in semis would improve US's odds slightly.

Zhukov Jun 26th, 2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 690246)

Spain scores again!.... And Torres performs propably the worst dive I've seen since Rivaldo, and gets a Chilean player sent out :x

EDIT

Wait, what? That is a god damn disgrace. They need electronic umpires in this game so, so badly. He should have been red carded for such poor sportsmanship,

Babs Jun 26th, 2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 690246)
Haha, his name is Bravo, oh the irony

EDIT

fucking ridiculous

RaNkeri Jun 26th, 2010 05:05 PM

Ghana 2 - 1 USA after extra time
entertaining game I say

Babs Jun 26th, 2010 05:08 PM

Very good game. America had some amazing breaks, just poor execution once down at the goal.

Colonel Flagg Jun 26th, 2010 08:50 PM

Yeah, they had too many chances not to score one more in OT.

Once again, they get burned early, then have to play catch up. No more miracles left in the bag. :(

Colonel Flagg Jun 26th, 2010 08:51 PM

Let's go England! :)

RaNkeri Jun 27th, 2010 10:05 AM

England vs. Germany is on :eek

hopefully shit will be epic

RaNkeri Jun 27th, 2010 10:51 AM

Shit IS epic :eek

2-1 for Germany after first half, although a goal was robbed from England. They seriously need a fucking instant replay.

Zhukov Jun 27th, 2010 11:00 AM

Damn you I wanted to say exactly what you just said.

Another great thing about this game is that the England fans chanting seem to be drowning out the damn horns. I think Rooney will get a late goal :eek

Colonel Flagg Jun 27th, 2010 08:59 PM

Wow. England gets hosed and Mexico gets bounced.

So far this looks more like the South American Cup.

More to come. ;)

Zhukov Jun 28th, 2010 06:01 AM

England got problems.

Shrubfest Jun 28th, 2010 08:12 AM

That game was pathetic. We gave up watching because it got too embarassing. Now to time how long it takes for the flags to disappear.

Zhukov Jun 28th, 2010 08:22 AM

I usually go for any team/country bar Australia/England, so I should have gone for Germany, but Ozil looks like a cockface so I went England.