I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S FIGURE OUT A NEW USE FOR A TENTACLE ARM CONTEST!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699247)

Mockery Mar 16th, 2008 03:42 PM

FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S FIGURE OUT A NEW USE FOR A TENTACLE ARM CONTEST!"

I-Mockery's latest forum contest has arrived!

This has got to be one of the most unique items I've ever had the pleasure of giving away for a forum contest and I hope you'll all have a fun time competing for it. This brand new Tentacle Arm from Gaia Online is being offered up to one lucky winner. You can learn more about the Tentacle Arm in this blog post.

For this contest, we want you to show us what uses you would have for a tentacle arm. And no "tentacle rape" is not a valid entry.

In order to be eligible for one of the prizes, you must create some kind of artistic rendition for your entry to count. Feel free to use any pre-existing graphics/photos to integrate into your artistic rendition. You can do a simply cartoonish rendition in MS Paint, a Photoshopped collage or whatever you like. Also, make sure you explain your new use for the tentacle arm

Here's on example of a new use for a tentacle arm:

The Best Christmas Stocking EVER.

Obviously, since you don't own the tentacle arm yet, you can't take photos with it, so that's why I'm suggesting you do some simple MS Paint drawings (or MS Paint equivalent for you Mac users out there). Still, if you need a decent image of the tentacle arm on it's own to use in a photoshopped image, CLICK HERE.

As usual, this contest will be judged on creativity and humor.

If you have any questions still, feel free to ask.

PRIZES:

-One (1) lucky winner will receive a brand new green Tentacle Arm with suction cups galore!

RULES:

-To participate, you must register an account on these forums (if you don't already have one) and post your entries in this thread.

-Once the contest is over, myself and the other staff members will vote on the entries!

-Entries will be judged on creativity and humor.

-You MUST come up with a *new* use for a Tentacle Arm and demonstrate it by making a simple drawing in MS Paint (or the Mac equivalent), or Photoshoping some images together.

-No "tentacle rape" entries please. We get the joke and it's hilarious.

-If you need a photo of what the Tentacle Arm looks like alone, check here:
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/conte...e-contest2.jpg

-Whether you win or not, your entries will be put on display for everybody to enjoy.

-Enter as many times as you like!!!

Ok that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to all of you and start crankin' out those new Tentacle Arm ideas!

This contest ends 4/1/08.

RaNkeri Mar 16th, 2008 05:11 PM

Use as a cult icon - because Cthulhu is a pussy!

ceti Mar 16th, 2008 08:28 PM

You could use it for a pylon to caution people of danger.

ceti Mar 16th, 2008 08:37 PM

Guess a picture would help eh?

Copper Mar 17th, 2008 01:07 AM

Fastest 52-pickup win ever!

(Okay, I admit I suck at photo editing, but you get the idea...)

g_tonttu Mar 17th, 2008 06:52 AM

Simple answer...one can use it to crush ones enemies!

rorozero Mar 17th, 2008 11:44 AM

Plot twist
(Not very good at photo shop/paint etc.....)

RaNkeri Mar 17th, 2008 01:31 PM

To impress the opposite sex

Troubleshoot Mar 17th, 2008 01:53 PM

No drawing Ability+ Ms Paint+ Laptop Mouse= High quality art shown below. With that being said I'm glad this contest is based on the idea and not the quality of the drawing of the idea.

- Stretch out the fabric where the opening is and wear it like a wizard hat. Claim to be a Cthulhu summoner.

- Glue magnetic balls to the suction cups and become to LAMEST super villain ever by stealing all the paper clips/staples in your office or home.

- With the above idea, you could try to catch a bullet (Not recommended)

- Put CDs on the suction cups and try to create a budget solar powered death ray, Perfect for staying inside all day on a nice day.

T
hanks to executioneer for saying how to upload pictures.

More once I get photoshop up.

Mockery Mar 17th, 2008 02:20 PM

You don't have to use MS Paint to create your example, use any kind of art program you like. For any entries to count they MUST include a drawing or photo-manipulation of some kind.

Aura Fox Mar 17th, 2008 03:45 PM

Tenta-chucks

Need I say more?

Yaanu Mar 17th, 2008 05:21 PM

My idea, created with Flash and a bout of insomnia. Would have finished earlier, but I forgot to save rapidly and then Flash crashed.

Includes two examples of how it could go down.

(click the link to view it)

EDIT: Thanks, Mock, didn't know that.

I just want to note, if you notice the copypasta within, my explanation is that since it crashed, I was pretty much in a rush and wanted to get it done. Hence, Ctrl C, Ctrl V.

Marthaeus Autolykos Mar 17th, 2008 07:42 PM

The idea which first came to me involved the use of the tentacle to enable the flinging of http://www.rubbersuitstudios.com/ptcct.htm this tract at unsuspecting passers-by.

jared Mar 17th, 2008 08:01 PM

I've been workin' on these contests for six, seven, maybe twelve years and the best I ever got was a runner-up acknowledgment.
But don't fall for the kitten gimmick. He gets into the catnip and then he goes crazy. He's killed and mutilated a dozen hookers all over Texas. He killed Julius Caesar. He taught Mao everything he knew. He wrote episodes of Dallas.

EDIT: Wait, I think I'm overestimating the audience. It is implied here that if I lose the contest, the stool will be removed and the kitten will be hung on the tentacle. Since tentacles are muscle-masses, the addition of the stool is just for dramatic effect. I really regret having posted this, but I'm not going back on it now. I mean, I really regret it, because it's dull and it just doesn't work, dramatically or comedically. I'm sorry. I.. I'll do better. It says I can post more above. It'll be alright.

EDIT: Another edit for the extraordinarily stupid. The new use for the tentacle is hanging kittens. Or hanging anything you like, really; live your own lives.

Invisible Mar 17th, 2008 08:51 PM

Dontcha hate those annoying 'bring your kids to work' days?
Especially when you're a skyscraper window washer?
Fret not...I have the ultimate solution!
(Please hold your applause until the end)

Presenting....The Tentacle Arm Baby Cozy!!

Safely keep an eye on your precious little one while the breeze on the 90th story and the comfy soft material of the Tentacle Arm Baby Cozy lull him/her to sleep.

:rock

Aura Fox Mar 17th, 2008 09:16 PM

Tenta-hat

I think Link could use a makeover and get a way better hat.

Roggs Mar 18th, 2008 12:08 AM

I'd like to echo Troubleshoot's request for info on how to post pictures/images in the forum. Also new, don't know how.

executioneer Mar 18th, 2008 12:18 AM

put up a picture on say photobucket
use the "insert image" button and enter the url for wherever the picture is at

jared Mar 18th, 2008 12:54 AM

If I understood the theme correctly, this is supposed to be new uses that I or any normal human could do using the particular prop of the tentacle-arm--correct?
Well, then I completely missed the boat with this...

Tentacle arms can be used to survive airlock disasters aboard spaceships.

brianz1407 Mar 18th, 2008 04:38 AM

I am not artistically gifted, to say the least, but I really want that damn thing.

You can wear it instead of pants, because, really, who likes to wear pants?

RaNkeri Mar 18th, 2008 05:36 AM

In case there are people like me who don't know how to use / don't have access to PhotoShop, I was able to talk one of my geek friends into ripping the tentacle out from the original picture.

You're welcome

Creepy-critters Mar 18th, 2008 09:07 AM

Stand out in the crowd! Make sure you're noticed!

Be the life of your next party! Sacrifice vision for fashion!

Roggs Mar 18th, 2008 01:25 PM

Damn it, for some reason it comes up as a link instead of an image, even though I'm entering the info into the image button and all.

executioneer Mar 18th, 2008 04:24 PM

post the link then, i guess

Tadao Mar 18th, 2008 08:35 PM

I would use it to reduce ileagal imigration.