I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2009 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703561)

stonewar Nov 30th, 2009 12:00 PM

anyone ever buy from the something store? I always wanted to send a gift from that site. That way its a surprise for you and me. But chances are you would get bath salts or a manicure set and I get enought of those from my cousins.

Fathom Zero Nov 30th, 2009 12:33 PM

I made a thread on that. I got an oven mitt. :(

stonewar Nov 30th, 2009 06:37 PM

I get home from work this afternoon and was filling out the address on my secret santa gift when my sister tells me I have a package in the front room.

"Is it your secret santa gift?" she asked.
"No its too early." I replied mystified what it could be.
But damned if it wasn't that very thing. Dextire is a speedy elf.

And a poet too.

And generous

very generous

and a cautious wrapper. That is ALOT of bubble wrap. And its all for me!!!!!

Thank you, Dextire Merry X-mas

The tally:

A Shiny I-mockery sticker
Nickelodeon Slime
4 madball-ish squirty heads
A monster plushie
12 candy canes in a variety of flavors
Magic Potion (more slime)
Super Snow!
A M&M halloween statue
And 3 DVDs
Plan 9 from Outerspace
Dracula starring Bela Lugosi (legacy Collection)
Friday the 13th III 3D

Many of these things have been featured on the Site. He is a devoted picklehead to be sure.

Mockery Nov 30th, 2009 09:40 PM

Nice haul Stonewar, and way to set the bar extremely high for this year's Secret Santa event Dextire! What did the note say? The photo was too small to read.

BatmanJohnson Nov 30th, 2009 09:45 PM

I think I'll give Dextire a run for his money, once the Photos are posted. Lumpisan has already Messaged to say he received his gift.

The Leader Nov 30th, 2009 09:50 PM

I think it says:

There was a boy, who was filled with joy, everytime he got a toy
One Christmas, a package came for the boy in the mail, and the boy’s joy filled to the brink
And when he opened the package, the boy was so excited, he ran smack into the sink
Inside the box was not a pair of socks, or a sweater, or a mop
The boy, who got a new toy, was so filled with joy, his head exploded with a pop

dextire Nov 30th, 2009 10:03 PM

Wow! That was fast! I mean I just shipped it on Friday.

Well, if you consider the month of December as Christmas time, then you only got it one day early. :)

I'm really glad you liked the stuff, Stonewar!

dextire Nov 30th, 2009 10:10 PM

Good eye, Leader! That's it. And now you all know I'm in no way a poet.

May all your heads explode with gory joy this holiday season. :)

stonewar Nov 30th, 2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 661289)
Nice haul Stonewar, and way to set the bar extremely high for this year's Secret Santa event Dextire! What did the note say? The photo was too small to read.

I realize after I posted it. the picture was too small to read.
*ahem*
Dear stone--
oh he beat me to it.

dextire Nov 30th, 2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonewar (Post 661307)
Dear stone--
oh he beat me to it.

Since Leader beat us both, I thought I'd just go ahead and post the whole thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatmanJohnson (Post 661291)
I think I'll give Dextire a run for his money...

Ha ha! That's the spirit, BatmanJohnson! "It's better to give than receive. So I, BatmanJohnson, shall give the best gift of all! I will win this Christmas competition! MUAHAHAHAHA!"

Awesome. I can't wait to see the gifts! :)

Womti Dec 1st, 2009 10:03 AM

I would like to sign up.

Zomboid Dec 1st, 2009 10:56 AM

:rolleyes

Mockery Dec 1st, 2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlock Homeless (Post 661350)
I would like to sign up.

Sign-ups closed a while ago, so unless there's another person who is late to the game who would like to do a gift exchange with you, I'm afraid you're outta luck this year, Sherlock.

Pentegarn Dec 2nd, 2009 01:02 PM

Just sent mine out. (later than I wanted, but it took till late yesterday to come up with an idea for the 'coup de grâce' gift)

So now I play the waiting game, or Mass Effect, or Warsong, or whatever

Babs Dec 2nd, 2009 04:50 PM

MINE IS DONE AND READY TO BE SHIPPED OUT TOMORROW!!!

I can't wait until my SECRET PERSON gets mine. YOU'RE GOING TO LOOOOOOOOVE IT!

Ozzie Dec 2nd, 2009 10:06 PM

Got mine shipped out today as well.

executioneer Dec 3rd, 2009 12:52 AM

well i have an IDEA at least of what to send for s. santa :( hopefully i'm not gonna go over the timelimit

Nick Dec 3rd, 2009 03:18 AM

I hope your not my Secret Santa. :(

executioneer Dec 3rd, 2009 05:02 AM

WE GOT UNTIL DEC 5TH CALM DOWN

Nick Dec 3rd, 2009 09:03 AM

Half of my Secret Santa goodies are here, but unfortunately the rest of it may be late getting to me by a few days. I'll ship it out a soon as I have it all together though, shouldn't be the 10th at the latest. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 11:13 AM

I think for next year if someone is going to participate they should at least fill out the form in the "New person thread as a qualifier."

Fathom Zero Dec 3rd, 2009 12:16 PM

This is going to be a cluster-f, I can feel it.

BatmanJohnson Dec 3rd, 2009 12:51 PM

I just wish my person would post photos :\.

Babs Dec 3rd, 2009 12:57 PM

Don't worry batman's johnson. It's probably still being shipped out.

BatmanJohnson Dec 3rd, 2009 01:02 PM

I mean that, I wish the person I shipped to would post photos, Since it arrived on monday.

Babs Dec 3rd, 2009 01:29 PM

do you have your receipts >:

BatmanJohnson Dec 3rd, 2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES (Post 661597)
do you have your receipts >:

Yup and confirmation to the person I shipped to. Oh well He does have until the 22nd.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 01:38 PM

Give him time. I'm real lazy myself.

Babs Dec 3rd, 2009 01:40 PM

I have a last minute gift idea (hey, I got other gifts too, don't think I waited until the last second) but i think it might be a "little" to much.

BatmanJohnson Dec 3rd, 2009 01:45 PM

Deadline hasn't hit yet.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 01:58 PM

I sitll need to go shopping. Possibly tonight.

Zomboid Dec 3rd, 2009 02:02 PM

Yeah, I haven't done it yet either. Plenty of time.

MattJack Dec 3rd, 2009 03:38 PM

Ummm so I thought I agreed to do this, but I never got a person to send a present. Is there a problem? PM me.

Fathom Zero Dec 3rd, 2009 03:59 PM

You can send me one, Mattjack, and I'll post pictures.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 661612)
Ummm so I thought I agreed to do this, but I never got a person to send a present. Is there a problem? PM me.

You never sent me your address. I sent you a PM about it too.

poppers620 Dec 3rd, 2009 05:01 PM

I shipped my box out priority yesterday :)

Nick Dec 3rd, 2009 05:30 PM

I just have some little stuff left to get, if it doesn't get here by December, 5. I'll just ship what I have and keep the rest for myself. :)

I just went with what I thought would be a cool gift to receive, even if it went over the price limit. :3

Microshock Dec 3rd, 2009 07:56 PM

I'm still thinking of some stuff to get

kakumei Dec 3rd, 2009 10:39 PM

between not having access to my computer for several days and essentially working two full time jobs at the same time, i'm surprised i was able to get a present together (yesterday) and ship it out (today) before the deadline. the "wrapping" paper (read: paper i stuffed in the box to keep stuff from moving too much) is really janky, but i'm certain the contents of the box are more than adequately awesome.

captain516 Dec 3rd, 2009 10:40 PM

Well, this sucks. I couldn't get the items I wanted to send, so I'll have to just think of something else. Sorry in advance, recipient.

Zomboid Dec 3rd, 2009 10:49 PM

I just sent out my stuff. Should be good.

executioneer Dec 4th, 2009 04:21 AM

just gotta finish up a few touches (LETTER ETC) and put it in a box, prob. out tomorrow or the fifth if i can't get to the post office in time tomorrow

Pentegarn Dec 4th, 2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatmanJohnson (Post 661591)
I mean that, I wish the person I shipped to would post photos, Since it arrived on monday.

Well, I wouldn't worry too much, you did your part, you can't get in trouble if they forget to post. That said, I understand waning your hard work to get the time in the spotlight it deserves.

Zomboid Dec 4th, 2009 09:24 AM

There's no reason to be upset about someone not posting pictures before the deadline for sending your gift(s) is even up yet.

BatmanJohnson Dec 4th, 2009 09:41 AM

Not really upset, just anxious. I know the deadline is still a ways off.

MarioRPG Dec 4th, 2009 11:06 AM

Just got back from the post office, it'll prolly start it's no doubt epic and perilous journey on monday.

Also, to my SS, I underestimated the costs of my gifts in my letter. Last one threw me up another 8 bux. So merry chrimmas!

stonewar Dec 4th, 2009 11:54 AM

I sent mine on wednesday, but looking at the reciept I realized to post worker didn't even ask how I wanted it sent if I wanted confirmation or anything. But I also handed her 15 musical christmas cards that had to be individually weighed and postage printed. What a pain in the ass. I am never doing that again.

Ozzie Dec 4th, 2009 04:57 PM

Like a character in a zany movie who suddenly woke up in a girl's body, I am thoroughly enjoying my new box of fun!

The first thing was a note that was obviously a pain in the ass to make, complete with a picture of the Grinch at the bottom.

The next was, surprisingly, a movie that I am interested in but have never seen and do not already own. Clearly this "Pentegarn" has intimate knowledge of the conversations I have with my younger brother.

The next was a festive bag of Hershey's kisses, complete with a recipe for cookies on the back. Cookies that I will never bake.

The "big present" in the bunch is none other than a remote controlled helicopter! This was actually the top present in the box, but you can't start with helicopter and work your way down to chocolate. That would just be ridiculous.

I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the Secret Santa, I had a hell of a lot of fun, and hopefully you all did too. I especially hope this post was as funny to you as it was to me. And big special thanks to Pentegarn for something that will undoubtedly annoy the shit out of my parents until I break it in 2 weeks. And chocolate.

Merry Christmas everyone!

The Leader Dec 4th, 2009 05:20 PM

I mailed my package today.

Nick Dec 4th, 2009 05:54 PM

Here is my gift from Stonewar.

Merry Christmas. :)

The Leader Dec 4th, 2009 05:58 PM

What's the thing on the left?

Nick Dec 4th, 2009 06:03 PM

No idea. Mp3 player of some sort?

captain516 Dec 4th, 2009 06:04 PM

It's an Ipod shuffle

The Leader Dec 4th, 2009 06:09 PM

That sounds expensive. :o

Fathom Zero Dec 4th, 2009 06:14 PM

Damn, people're gettin' good shit this year.

Nick Dec 4th, 2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 661807)
It's an Ipod shuffle

Nah, it's not.

Link

The Leader Dec 4th, 2009 06:33 PM

Way to call your secret santa cheap. :rolleyes

edt oops, I misread who you quoted. Still, though.

dextire Dec 4th, 2009 07:32 PM

Wow, there are some great gifts this year! Definitely no dollar store stuff so far (I know there's a rule and all, but still).

Nice job, Stonewar and Pentegarn!

Pentegarn Dec 4th, 2009 10:27 PM

I was worried the "ransom Xmas note" glue wouldn't hold. Glad it held after all :)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 5th, 2009 10:59 AM

Finally bought my gifts, just need to send them out. Looks like good gifts so far all around.

Fathom Zero Dec 5th, 2009 11:18 AM

I'm disappointed to have not seen Hello Kitty snacks and Floam already.

Fathom Zero Dec 5th, 2009 11:18 AM

Wait, could we use Floam as packaging?

BatmanJohnson Dec 5th, 2009 12:23 PM

Hey if you can figure out the logistics of using floam as packaging more power to you.

captain516 Dec 5th, 2009 03:08 PM

Just mailed my package.

Ozzie Dec 5th, 2009 06:39 PM

I got drunk and broke my helicopter already.

Pentegarn Dec 5th, 2009 11:52 PM

2 weeks, 2 days, as long as you did it in 2 right? :P

poppers620 Dec 6th, 2009 02:24 AM

i got my secret santa package in the mail today! Thanks Ozzie! Will post pics probably tomorrow.

executioneer Dec 6th, 2009 06:00 AM

i got a note on friday saying its at the PO and im sorry im sorry im sorry secret santana i havent sent out yet :( DONT WORRY IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT

Zhukov Dec 6th, 2009 06:47 AM

Well I got my secret Santa present that I sent out BACK to me. Didn't get past quarantine after all, I think it was the liquor that I didn't declare.

Still, it looks like it was a good thing it came back because I could look what other people sent and I added stuff to it to make it not shit.

I hope it wont be late, sorry :\

Babs Dec 6th, 2009 12:38 PM

Mailed mine yesterday.

Zomboid Dec 6th, 2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 662020)
Well I got my secret Santa present that I sent out BACK to me. Didn't get past quarantine after all, I think it was the liquor that I didn't declare.

I hope you're my secret santa.

stonewar Dec 6th, 2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 661814)
Way to call your secret santa cheap. :rolleyes

edt oops, I misread who you quoted. Still, though.

No you are right. I admit it. I bought it for $.01
The memory chip that i had buy separately however....

Microshock Dec 6th, 2009 06:06 PM

I bought the stuff today, i'll send it out either tomorrow or tuesday

captain516 Dec 6th, 2009 06:21 PM

Not again

Nick Dec 6th, 2009 08:32 PM

I have almost all of mine, I could send it out now, but then someone would be short a gift.

Zhukov Dec 7th, 2009 06:34 AM

Personally I wouldn't mind getting something after Christmas. Someone has to spend some extra dollars to send it here and I'm grateful for that.

Microshock Dec 7th, 2009 01:09 PM

Thanks Captain for the load, sorry you had to spend so much for shipping. I'll send you a pm about some of the products

captain516 Dec 8th, 2009 08:05 PM

got my gift from DonkeyRyan today.. I won't be opening 'till the weekend though.
Thanks a lot for sending me something!

lumpisan Dec 9th, 2009 08:21 AM

Aight guys Batmanjohnson was my secret santa prepare toi behold the mighty wonders of his gifts and be amazed

lumpisan Dec 9th, 2009 08:25 AM

Aight so there is absolutely nothing about his gifts i dont love.... cakes... candy comics batman action figure motherfuckin dinosaurs ,man this is the greatest gift ever! First thingsfirst though heres a pic of the awsome candy i was sent.... it didnt last long after the picture.... black black is honestly a personal favorite (best mint gum ever!) andes makes strawberry flavored chocolate now? whatever it was fucking delicousand also a sharpie

lumpisan Dec 9th, 2009 08:28 AM

So the comics i got were brpd issue 1 (hellboy) tales of the corp issue one of three (green lantern) and roger rabbits toontown circa 1991 (must say was ammusing to see the old gameboy adverts). But i gotta say my favorite was punisher batman

lumpisan Dec 9th, 2009 08:29 AM

so hard to resist the urge to take out of the box and play with it.... he loks like hes made to fight megatron with snake eyes i mean look at all those points of articulation

lumpisan Dec 9th, 2009 08:31 AM

i did have abit of trouble with the dinosaurs tho....

lumpisan Dec 9th, 2009 08:32 AM

all in all i must say thank you bj you rock merry x-mas ^^

BatmanJohnson Dec 9th, 2009 09:19 AM

Awesome thanks! I honestly almost Kept batman, he looks so damned awesome.

DonkeyRyan Dec 9th, 2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 662393)
got my gift from DonkeyRyan today.. I won't be opening 'till the weekend though.
Thanks a lot for sending me something!

You're welcome! I don't know how you can do that, it would be killing me. haha

dextire Dec 9th, 2009 01:43 PM

Are those really strawberry Andes? I've had the cherry ones, never heard of strawberry ones before.

Very nice gifts, BatmanJohnson! You have indeed given me a cardiovascular workout for my currency.

BatmanJohnson Dec 9th, 2009 02:01 PM

Lol, nicely put.

captain516 Dec 9th, 2009 02:05 PM

Weird...I have a Batman vs. Punisher comic too, but it's a completely different cover with another Batman. Did they make a sequel? And Ryan-the wait makes it better. Edit: I like your new avatar dextire. you should make one for every seasonmonth.

BatmanJohnson Dec 9th, 2009 02:12 PM

I don't know if it was a sequel, but I know the one you are talking about. I own that one issue too. Dextires avatar is cool. Also they were cherry andes.

dextire Dec 9th, 2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpisan (Post 662421)
... also a sharpie

That my friend is no mere Sharpie. It is in fact a Sharpie Mini Marker Key Chain! Now wherever you go, you have access to a Sharpie.
Be sure to wield your new found power wisely.

Glad you guys like the new avatar. It's the result of 30 minutes until Doc Mock started. :)

BatmanJohnson Dec 9th, 2009 03:14 PM

I have literally a couple dozen of those sharpies. I love them so convenient for a little graffiti.

executioneer Dec 9th, 2009 06:17 PM

OK SO WHO ELSE STILL HASNT SENT A GIFT OUT :(

ps i have them all packaged up i just gotta get to the postal office dont have a conniption

executioneer Dec 9th, 2009 07:59 PM

SENT. also package recieved, will post pictrues soonish

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 01:04 AM

HERE IS A PILE THAT WAS IN A BOX

I GOT SOME LICENSED CANDIES

I GOT SOME KIDS STUFF

I GOT A THING TO MAKE MY OWN COOKIES :(

I GUESS I CAN'T GIVE MYSELF SECOND DEGREE BURNS WITH THIS THOUGH RIGHT :P

thanks poppers number i cant remember dude! i will try and come up with funny picture stories later (warning: i may not fit all the presents in(ONLY PLANNING ON USING THE COOKIE MAKER THING ATM))

Zhukov Dec 10th, 2009 04:23 AM

I wish I had that New Moon chocolate. I would trade it to a girl at work for a kiss. :(

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 05:54 AM

they're kind of like cadbury creme eggs, only the shell is actually as thin as an egg so they break and run all over the place very easily. plus the stuff inside is also closer to a raw egg's consistency. which is weird because they are shaped NOTHING like an egg

executioneer Dec 10th, 2009 05:55 AM

also they only taste about half as good

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 10th, 2009 09:14 AM

Just sent mine out yesterday.

dextire Dec 10th, 2009 12:22 PM

Great haul, Executioneer! Dare I ask how the Krabby Patties taste?

I like how the Gingerbread Men thing boasts "Lots of Candy."
I have no idea what kind of candy you'll get, but you'll get lots of it. :)