I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2011 02:22 AM

If you think Batman is going to be short, buy it used from gamestop and beat it within a week to return for a full refund...

kahljorn Nov 3rd, 2011 03:36 AM

IM A DRAGON

OxBlood Nov 3rd, 2011 05:19 AM

Heroes 6 is...hard! I canīt even beat the second Tutorial-Mission on normal...okay, maybe I could whittle them down slowly by dying over and over but thatīs not how itīs supposed to be...

The game even warns me that if I take too many weeks, I will face unbeatable enemies...thatīs...FUCKING STUPID!

Still, I love you, Heroes of Might and Magic 6, even though you have no Town-Screen (yet...Ubisoft apparently will patch one in later). And of course, Heroes 3 still reigns supreme, blahblah.

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2011 08:44 PM

In what fucking world are you a god damn dragon? :<

kahljorn Nov 3rd, 2011 09:10 PM

IM A DRAGON

how come you never play LOL?

did you get baned again

executioneer Nov 3rd, 2011 09:37 PM

i never play lol because lol sucks >: :h8rts

darkvare Nov 4th, 2011 12:29 AM

noone was talking to you

executioneer Nov 4th, 2011 12:42 AM

of course, i'm not an expert on shit games so why would you talk to me about LoL

Sam Nov 4th, 2011 01:03 AM

I NEVER PLAY LOL BECAUSE IT'S POODICKS.

Zhukov Nov 4th, 2011 06:28 AM

I played it for about 5 minutes before I realised I would hate it.

kahljorn Nov 4th, 2011 08:36 AM

NO YOURE POODICKS

Dimnos Nov 4th, 2011 09:44 PM

I have been knocking ot some console titles recently. Right now, Uncharted 3 multi player I have all my attention. any of you with a ps3 should get in on it with me. Vare...

k0k0 Nov 4th, 2011 09:57 PM

I don't have a ps3 and I'm saving all of my boners for skyrim.

Zomboid Nov 4th, 2011 10:22 PM

Same here. FUCK THA PS3.

darkvare Nov 4th, 2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 748807)
I have been knocking ot some console titles recently. Right now, Uncharted 3 multi player I have all my attention. any of you with a ps3 should get in on it with me. Vare...

i'll rent it on sunday, right now i downloaded dc universe which went free to play and i found some annoying glitches :\

Rongi Nov 5th, 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 748164)
I see nothing wrong with that, Bof4 is a great game. You might want to play it on your own machine though, I mean what about the saves? ;)

I don't have a PS3 :(

I'm still playing BOF4. Idk why I like this game so much, there's tons of crappy filler puzzles and not a big variety of enemies you fight during random encounters. The story is ok, kind of typical JRPG thing where the main character has a mysterious past and you have to save the world from some effeminate evil guy.

Emu Nov 5th, 2011 02:31 PM

You might like BOF3 better. I haven't played 4 but from what I hear 3 is basically a slightly more lighthearted version of 4 with a better dragon system and story.

Rongi Nov 5th, 2011 02:55 PM

I like the game, I am just much more aware of its limitations than I was when I was 10 years old (the last time I played it)

I think after I beat BOF4 I'm going to play Threads of Fate, another game I loved as a kid

kahljorn Nov 5th, 2011 10:54 PM

yea i liked breath of fire 3 better than 4.

man i regret selling all of my psx games but i guess it doesnt matter since breath of fire 3 is on the pc.

i still have breath of fire dragon quarter though :lol

k0k0 Nov 5th, 2011 11:51 PM

All this talk of old rpgs got me playing 'Albert Odyssey: The Legend of Aldean' again. Got it running on a saturn emulator since I don't want to go through the trouble of hooking up the saturn to a monitor. It's such a great rpg. Sure, the talking sword and some bits are cheesy, but it's really great.

OxBlood Nov 7th, 2011 02:54 AM

I only played Bof3 in the PSP-Version but the only thing it really did was make me run over to the PSN and buy Bof4...then again, I never played 3 and loved 4 when I got it on the PS1 back in the day. Nostalgia-Bonus I guess.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 7th, 2011 08:26 AM

Playing Sonic Generations on steam to hold me over until Zelda. I think the best description is that it's the Beatles: LOVE album; it's all the stuff you know and love, remastered and kiiiiiind of remixed/mashed up, but not so much that it's totally different. Also half the members are gone so there's no big comeback so don't overreact ya fucker.

The graphics are pretty as hell. There are some stages that make your eyes cum rainbows. The controls are iffy though, and I don't like how most of the game's content is recycled Challenge levels, because I guess Sega didn't want us to have too many levels without paying for DLC first.

Also, it's 2011 and Sega still can't optimize their PC games for shit.

Esuohlim Nov 7th, 2011 01:12 PM

I started Mother 3 again, which I haven't played since the patch came out three years ago. We'll see if I'll get past Chapter 2 this time :rolleyes

Fathom Zero Nov 7th, 2011 01:41 PM

Esuohlim Nov 7th, 2011 01:45 PM

:lol Ever since I saw that on Facebook I think it's been on my mind

I think the problem I had last time was that the whole first chapter is way more story than gameplay and I got kind of bored.

Fathom Zero Nov 7th, 2011 01:48 PM

I like how I had no reason to change Boney's name.

dearest blowjobs

Dimnos Nov 7th, 2011 10:08 PM

Just started Dark Souls.

The painfully long amount of time it takes to go from swinging your weapon to being able to dodge is killing me. Does one of your stats help with this? Or is that just one of the ways that this game is hard and I just need to get used to it?

k0k0 Nov 7th, 2011 10:35 PM

It depends on what you're wearing. If you're under 25 percent burden, you should roll faster and move a lot faster. I you're under 50, it's decent, 75, it's pretty bad. And over 100 is a baby's pace.

Fathom Zero Nov 7th, 2011 10:35 PM

You probably have things that are too heavy for you.

Dimnos Nov 7th, 2011 11:37 PM

Ok. So it is an adjustable stat type thing and I am probably just fucking it up.

Is there a point of holding onto crap to sell to someone later?

Do you ever get more moves or skills with your weapons? Or is it just fast and strong attack only?

I kind of feel I need a ranged weapon in my 2nd slot. Is this just dumb?

Sorry about all the questions. This game just kind of dumps you into it and doesnt seam to explain much. Or maybe it just flat expects you to have played the first?

k0k0 Nov 7th, 2011 11:48 PM

It expects you to learn everything as you play, which is stupid for a game with complicated controls. I couldn't figure out how to jump for a long time.

It all depends on how heavy the weapons and armor you are using in regards to how fast you are at rolling/moving.

You don't get extra moves or skills with any weapons. I mean, you can upgrade them to get extra damage on them once you find a blacksmith, but that's about it. They do have combos, which I'm sure you've noticed. Some weapons have 3 different hits for each button press.

Nah, it's not dumb to need a ranged. It's easier to switch to ranged real quick while fighitng, so it's actually good.

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 749086)
Ok. So it is an adjustable stat type thing and I am probably just fucking it up.

Is there a point of holding onto crap to sell to someone later?

Do you ever get more moves or skills with your weapons? Or is it just fast and strong attack only?

I kind of feel I need a ranged weapon in my 2nd slot. Is this just dumb?

Sorry about all the questions. This game just kind of dumps you into it and doesnt seam to explain much. Or maybe it just flat expects you to have played the first?

It explains various basic controls in the tutorial. The flying strong attack is probably something people forget about, but it's not the most necessary. Forward on the stick plus a strong attack does a sweeping move, but leaves you open a little at the end.

The only thing I can tell you that you should learn how to do fast is parry with the shield. It will be mandatory later in the game to survive, and the last boss can't be beat without it, unless you have a certain number of skills.

But seriously, the fun of it is not being told anything. The game wouldn't have been nearly as amazing for me if I bought it and played it now. Everyone would have already made guides for it and let me spoil everything.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 8th, 2011 01:10 AM

The Skyward Sword demo from E3 leaked, so I've been playing that. I'm feeling really good about this one. There was one puzzle involving those eyeballs from the trailer that actually had me pretty pissed off for awhile until I felt stupid after I solved it. I can't remember the last time I didn't cruise control through a Zelda, even a new one, so that felt pretty good.

Esuohlim Nov 8th, 2011 09:42 AM

Playing Mother 3 just makes me want to play Earthbound instead :(

Dimnos Nov 8th, 2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 749090)
But seriously, the fun of it is not being told anything. The game wouldn't have been nearly as amazing for me if I bought it and played it now. Everyone would have already made guides for it and let me spoil everything.

Can you at least tell me if there is someone who will buy my crap? Or can I just drop what Im not going to use?

k0k0 Nov 8th, 2011 10:34 AM

Later on in the game someone will buy it (eat it) and give you souls for it. Hold onto it til then.

OxBlood Nov 9th, 2011 08:47 AM

Hooo...Just got my copy of Skyrim...magic Lizardperson is goooo.

k0k0 Nov 9th, 2011 09:52 AM

I gotta wait til probably 9 pm on Friday to get it. :( Fucking UPS guy putting me on the last stop. If I didn't have a discount through amazon for 25 dollars off, I would have just gone to the store.

Dimnos Nov 9th, 2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 749119)
Later on in the game someone will buy it (eat it) and give you souls for it. Hold onto it til then.

Where is this faggot? Im tired of carrying all this crap. And what the fuck do I do about sekllies that just wont fucking die. The red looking mofos in the catacombs that will get back up even after you smash their health bar to nothing. Queers. :posh

k0k0 Nov 9th, 2011 03:32 PM

The guy you sell to comes after you ring the second bell. The skeletons won't die unless you kill them with a holy weapon or unless you kill the dude in the robe with the lantern.

I may start playing Dark Souls again til skyrim time.

Zhukov Nov 9th, 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 749095)
The Skyward Sword demo from E3 leaked, so I've been playing that. I'm feeling really good about this one. There was one puzzle involving those eyeballs from the trailer that actually had me pretty pissed off for awhile until I felt stupid after I solved it. I can't remember the last time I didn't cruise control through a Zelda, even a new one, so that felt pretty good.

Oh cool. I was worried about that, thinking I didn't want to waste money on a short game that was too easy.

kahljorn Nov 10th, 2011 12:00 AM

so hows skyrim? considering pirating it ;/ but i do have school.
but im doing horrible at maths ;9

:lol

Esuohlim Nov 10th, 2011 12:31 AM

KAHLJORN I WILL DO ALL YOUR MATH HOMEWORK FOR THE PRICE OF A FULL-TIME JOB'S SALARY

kahljorn Nov 10th, 2011 12:46 AM

the homework is fine :(

but im only getting B's on my tests

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 02:06 AM

I finally had time to sit down and play the shit out of Dark Souls, over the past week or so, and I finished it tonight. That final boss was a bitch. I had some pretty good gear by then, though, so it wasn't TOO bad. I loved my Lightning Winged Spear +5. The chaos scythe was also pretty handy. AND THE DRAGONSLAYER BOW. Fuck, that game has a lot of different weapons to use.

Dimnos - I suggest getting armor that's heavy enough that you don't take forever to get up after a roll, but not so light that you're undefended. Later on, once you're more adept at dodging and such, it can be fun to have light armor and just run around bosses and enemies, slashing as ya go, but that took me a while to get skilled enough for.

And definitely consider where you're spending your points for leveling up. If you're not gonna use magic (which I didn't), fuck faith and intelligence. You can still beat everything without it.

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 02:07 AM

And now...I'll try to run through it again before getting Skyrim on Friday or Saturday. I just kept playing after beating the final boss, and I got to the first bell in like 20 minutes.

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 02:24 AM

It felt so good raping those gargoyles during the second run through. I stopped short of Sen's Fortress, though. I don't have it in me to go through Blighttown again, I think.

OxBlood Nov 10th, 2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 749285)
so hows skyrim? considering pirating it ;/ but i do have school.
but im doing horrible at maths ;9

So far, itīs pretty good. Iīm about 5hrs in with my little Argonian Mage. I canīt comment on the voicework cause Iīve got the german version (WAY better dub this time).

The framerate is a little inconsistent at times (PS3), some textures are blurry and the NPC still look awful but apart from these minor optical things, I like it a lot.

Spellcasting is way more fun this time and with the right perks you can doublecast a spell (sadly no spell combinations like fire+lightning) for increased effect. Even though they got rid of spellcrafting, the spells that you DO get feel pretty good and they make more sense this time. Fire burns for bonus damage, Ice saps Stamina and Lightning burns the enemyīs mana.
The whole Perk-System feels really rewarding and not having to sleep to level is nice too. AND, other than in Fallout 3 and Vegas, you can save yourPerk-Points for later in Skyrim. Really nice. Right now Iīm trying to focus my dude on fire magic but Iīm one point short of destruction magic for that...ah well, soon.

The new menu system is a mixed bag for me. Itīs not a good idea to get rid of icons in an inventory-system and replace it with a simple text list and the new Favorite-List is slower than the ring-menu from Oblivion but looking at your favorites stoppes time so it doesnīt really matter.

What else...oh, the main plot appears to be not shit this time which is kinda refreshing. Learned my first dragon word and killed my first dragon. I wish they wouldnīt talk while fighting you though.

Pentegarn Nov 10th, 2011 06:21 AM

Maybe it is the German dub, but I would think Dragons talking to you while you fight them would be cool. Dragons are kind of known in various lore for their trash talking

OxBlood Nov 10th, 2011 06:54 AM

I hope they got better voice acting in the english version, but it kinda suprised me hearing them talking to me. To me, Dragons are more like animals, giant, fire breathing animals.

I´ve also seen another one flying around in the distance, aparently guarding a tower or something but I´m not crazy enough to try and face him...I got no new Dragon Words to learn anyway and I´m not sure if you "waste" the dragon if you don´t have an unknown word stuck in your skull...

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 749202)
...or unless you kill the dude in the robe with the lantern.

TY sir. This is just what I needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 749301)
I don't have it in me to go through Blighttown again, I think.

Your not making this sound fun. :(

And fuck those cheap ass tag teaming fire breath spamming gargoyle fucks. I nearly danced a jig when I killed those limp dicks. >:

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 07:44 PM

That robed guy was one of, like, five people that I accidentally killed before realizing that I can absolve my sins and don't HAVE to kill them once I accidentally strike them.

Sorry to: fire guy, catarina knight, Raeh of whatever of thoro...whatever the fuck (knight guy's daughter), Big Hat Logan, and I'm probably forgetting someone.

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 08:07 PM

Whats the deal with sin? And covenants?

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 08:11 PM

and I'm starting to get the impression I wasn't supposed to come to the catacombs right after ringing the first bell? where else to go? did I miss something?

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 08:14 PM

BLIGHTTOWN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 08:26 PM

Where the hell is that place? I want to rip someone's ass.

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 08:47 PM

BEYOND THE DEPTHS AND THE VALLEY OF THE DRAKES.

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 10:13 PM

Ok. I doubled back and found that doorway at the blacksmith in the undead parish that I had forgotten about. Killed the demon guy inside and went into the depths. Fought my way to some giant butterfly thing that quickly ate my ass because I didnt have any more bolts for my crossbow as I used them to kill a bunch of the lantern guys in the catacombs. :\ However I did get some sweet elite knight armor, so not all bad. Doubled back again in the depths and found some giant hydra looking thing that spit water at me and killed me. :( Doubled back again and found some black knight dude who I actually managed to kill in a straight up fight without being a total cheap ass. Fought my way on to the vally of the fucking drakes and those bastards suck balls. My axe doesnt seam to be doing much to them. :\

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2011 10:24 PM

The Depths are not the Darkroot Basin

Lone Wanderer Nov 10th, 2011 10:24 PM

Ultimate Doom

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 10:25 PM

Ok, go back to the butterfly, but make sure you're human. The last staircase before the fight will have a white summon sign on it. Summon that witch, and she'll fuck the butterfly up for ya.

I think that after that, I went to Blight Town, but I took the entrance through the bottom of the Undead Burg, which is through the depths. The depths was pretty easy, so don't worry too much about that part. Blight town is fucking horrrrrible, though.

Alternately, you can get to Blight Town through the Valley of the Drakes if you want to avoid the parts with all the falls and just deal with all the poison. You'd miss a lot of loot, though.

Dimnos Nov 10th, 2011 10:33 PM

Ok being human... How do you get humanity to do that? Also... What is the point?

Witch?

OxBlood Nov 11th, 2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 749381)
Ok being human... How do you get humanity to do that? Also... What is the point?

Witch?

Some enemies drop humanity and Iīm sure you have Items that give them, theyīre like the soul items. Make sure you have at least 1 humanity (you know, the number in the top left), rest at a bonfire and turn human.

As a human, thereīs a chance that a NPC-Phantom will enter the game in most areas. Beat them and you gain the ability to summon them for the boss battles. Most of the time, there are summoning marks right before a boss (goldish writing on the floor) but you can only see those as a human.

The point of being human is that others can help you, you can help others and the dropchance for loot goes up.

Skyrim is officially awesome. I just did the 2nd or 3rd mainquest and climbed a fucking mountain. Everything feels so organic this time, handcrafted. The caves, dungeons, Mines, everything has character.

Last thing last night, I took a carriage to Winter...thingytown to join the mages academy. Hopefully, Iīll some neat spells there :)

kahljorn Nov 11th, 2011 04:18 AM

im gonna pirate the fuck out of this game

executioneer Nov 11th, 2011 04:25 AM

im gonna try and only play like a hour or so but its almost readyyyyy

executioneer Nov 11th, 2011 05:22 AM

oh for fuck's sake, the interface on this game is shit

i can't reassign the keys for the lockpicking minigame so it's still on a/d when i'm using arrow keys for movement

press 'r' to drop stuff, huh? except it doesn't fucking work. GREAT JOB YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

k0k0 Nov 11th, 2011 09:52 AM

I'm stuck waiting for the UPS man today. But skyrim shall be mine.

Dimnos Nov 11th, 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 749399)
Some enemies drop humanity and Iīm sure you have Items that give them, theyīre like the soul items. Make sure you have at least 1 humanity (you know, the number in the top left), rest at a bonfire and turn human.

As a human, thereīs a chance that a NPC-Phantom will enter the game in most areas. Beat them and you gain the ability to summon them for the boss battles. Most of the time, there are summoning marks right before a boss (goldish writing on the floor) but you can only see those as a human.

The point of being human is that others can help you, you can help others and the dropchance for loot goes up.

ty sir. :picklehat

Phoenix Gamma Nov 11th, 2011 05:06 PM

SKYWARD SWORD :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

The intro is a little long but once you fly to the surface, it really picks up. The combat is really hard this time around, and even skulltulas take a little puzzle solving to beat. I also like that there's a dash this time around to speed up running, climbing, and swimming.

Also they're really pushing the whole "Zelda wants Link's balls" angle harder than they ever have. If he doesn't penetrate her by the end credits I'm gonna be miffed. Fi isn't as cool as Midna though :(

Zomboid Nov 11th, 2011 08:33 PM

You're probably gonna be the only one here discussing that, chief.

I just picked up Skyrim today, but I'm exhausted and don't wanna stay up all night playing.

Dimnos Nov 11th, 2011 08:34 PM

So I have fought my way to the gaping dragon. He himself doesn't seam so bad. The trouble is there is some guy on a ledge shooting some magic shit at me. I can't seam to find a way up to where he is and I can't seam to be able to target his ass with my crossbow. Do I just have to dodge this fuck while running around the dragon?

Zomboid Nov 12th, 2011 12:43 AM

Go up to the highest level in that area where you can look down onto the area where you fight the dragon, and as you get closer to the stairs going down, there's a spot where you can pick him off with arrows. He counts as a mini-boss and doesn't respawn. I suggest getting a longbow or something because you can aim from pretty far away with those. I actually leveled the shit out of my composite bow, and it ended up being really useful in a lot of situations. Poison arrows are great.

Also, I started Skyrim. Looks gorgeous and it's fun, but I restricted myself to under two hours. I killed bandits in a mine and got to that first town. I like the smithing! Oh, and I did some finishing blow where I spun around and buried my two-handed axe into a bear's open mouth. Fucking awesome.

Zomboid Nov 12th, 2011 12:47 AM

And Dimos, attack the dragon's tail until it comes off. Do that with all of the dragons you encounter (except for the undead ones, but including the stone dragon and the half-dragon bitch in the painted world).

k0k0 Nov 12th, 2011 02:28 AM

Skyrim is great. That's pretty much it.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2011 10:01 PM

Played Skyrim for several hours. I just scratched the surface of the game, and I know it, but my Game of the Year is tentatively Dark Souls, still.

There's not enough variety in the environments in Skyrim, to me. I'll see as I go farther into it, of course. Having a lot of fun with the intrigue involved in the mage's university storyline. Also, the random dragon encounters are quite silly. One showed up as I was walking out of the main hall of the school and ten mages proceeded to blow the thing apart in seconds. It was beautiful. The story is boring me, but the amount of power-players and factions in the game that are involved in the main story is really cool.

Also fuck Giants.

k0k0 Nov 12th, 2011 10:09 PM

They should have made the giants the things fucking up everything. Those giants kill me a ton faster than a shitty dragon does. I wanna be giantborn.

Oh, and I know I said this before, but being a werewolf absolutely blows. I mean, you look bad ass, but you can't get any bonuses from sleeping and you can't use potions/items while you're changed. I am enjoying the hell out of the storyline for the werewolf clan though.

How do you get up to the top of the mountain? I've been trying every fucking spot of this fucking mountain so that I can talk to the graybeards or whatever about my dragon powers. I can't figure out exactly where to start the climb.

Dimnos Nov 14th, 2011 02:09 AM

Found my way up to that one guy shooting me. After cutting him down, killing the dragon was cake. Now... Blightown. :(

Have yet to get to Skyrim but its going to be hard pressed to hold up to Dark Souls. Loving this game.

Fathom Zero Nov 14th, 2011 02:26 AM

Just finished the Dark Brotherhood stuff. Gets pretty crazy at the end. Also, the return of Shadowmere. :O

I think I like Dark Souls more than Skyrim because I've just gotten so sick of being THE CHOSEN ONE in every video game. Even though you're the "chosen undead" in Dark Souls, it doesn't feel like it. You're meeting and saving all of these NPCs, running around, and meeting them again farther and farther into the game. It feels like you're just of many similarly skilled people running around. Everyone is doing their own adventuring toward their own goals and it's up to you to make your own way and eventually beat Gwyn, crossing paths with fellow adventurers as you go. And the sense of scale in the fights was real. You felt intimidated and it didn't surprise you if a badguy four stories taller than you beats you, whereas in Skyrim, you can take down Skeletons, Wolves, and Draugr like they were nothing, but dare to kill a Troll? PFFT. Hope you enjoy popping potions and getting chased down in seconds.

It's weird to say that Dark Souls feels less cheap than Skyrim. But I felt like I knew where I was going in terms of my character in Dark Souls and I'm just spending perks willy-nilly in Skyrim, waiting for the next not-boss to keep me from completing a quest.

Dimnos Nov 14th, 2011 10:38 AM

I have no idea where Im going in terms of my character in Dark Souls. Lots of str and end is all I got :lol

What is the deal with atunement slots and magic? For the first time at a bonfire I noticed Attune Magic. When I hit it, it tells me I dont have enough slots. How do I know how many slots I need? Do I need to bother?

Aaarg Nov 14th, 2011 01:56 PM

i'm playing shiren the wanderer because shiren the wanderer is cool

Fathom Zero Nov 14th, 2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 749645)
I have no idea where Im going in terms of my character in Dark Souls. Lots of str and end is all I got :lol

What is the deal with atunement slots and magic? For the first time at a bonfire I noticed Attune Magic. When I hit it, it tells me I dont have enough slots. How do I know how many slots I need? Do I need to bother?

Attunement slots is how they handle magic and other stuffs. When you buy the things, you equip them in a slot at bonfires. Some of them may require two slots. Level up the attunement thing and you get more slots. It's required if you're a magicky-type character, because you can double up on spells and get more of them. Otherwise, you're going to run out quickly.

Strength works well, but if you intend to upgrade your weapons down other paths like Divine, Magic, Chaos, etc., then you'd prolly want to put some into things like faith, magic, and dexterity. Dexterity is important because it affects most of the weapons in the game, sometimes moreso than strength. Good job putting a lot in endurance early. If I were to do something over again, that would've been it. It was a bitch not being able to move around properly in what would've been, to anyone else, light armor. As a result, I was knocked around like a pinball in fights because I had no Poise.

Dimnos Nov 14th, 2011 10:05 PM

Wtf is a raw weapon good for? I noticed I can do that or go up to +6 now.

k0k0 Nov 14th, 2011 10:09 PM

They're only good for old dirty bastard. Cuz he likes it raw.

But honestly, they aren't good at all, from what I can tell.

Fathom Zero Nov 14th, 2011 10:31 PM

Raw is terrible. They don't skill off of stats, so once you upgrade them fully, they don't get any stronger.

Dimnos Nov 15th, 2011 12:15 AM

So what you are saying is... that no matter how much str I have, it will arl only do X dmg? Where as if I get the +6, it will continue to grow with me?

kahljorn Nov 15th, 2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

How do you get up to the top of the mountain? I've been trying every fucking spot of this fucking mountain so that I can talk to the graybeards or whatever about my dragon powers. I can't figure out exactly where to start the climb.
FOLLOW YOUR MAP AND USE tHE JOURNAL

IF YOU LOOK ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT MOUNTAIN YOULL NOTICE A CITY WHICH HAS A MARKER FOR THE QUeST
GO THERE

k0k0 Nov 15th, 2011 01:03 AM

Yeah, I figured it out a few days ago. It was snowing hard the 3 times I went through the city trying to find the spot, but the last time I finally found it.

Fathom Zero Nov 15th, 2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 749684)
So what you are saying is... that no matter how much str I have, it will arl only do X dmg? Where as if I get the +6, it will continue to grow with me?

Yuss, and if you get it to +10, there might be a legendary weapon in it if you also imbue it with a special soul.

darkvare Nov 15th, 2011 03:45 PM

saints row the thrid which has a button dedicated for ball punching

Phoenix Gamma Nov 15th, 2011 06:42 PM

Beat Skyward Sword this morning. I was going to wait until I got 100% of the stuff, but I reached a point in the story where I got really ancy and just had to see how it ended. I'll go back though because I think I probably have 80-90% of everything, which is a lot for a first-time playthrough.

After this game, I don't think I could play Zelda on a regular controller anymore. The controls are that good. (Except for the bird. That kinda sucked.) It's also hard as fuck because every enemy has specific ways of fighting them, and all of the puzzles are brand new this time. You don't even light any torches!

Nintendo LOVES torches!

Only complaint is that the Wii can't pump out the graphics that the artists intended. That and there were a little too many silly quests forced into the main game. For the most part, though, it was excellent. I'd say it's in the top three of the entire series.

Dimnos Nov 15th, 2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 749723)
saints row the thrid which has a button dedicated for ball punching

Did you buy this?

darkvare Nov 15th, 2011 10:06 PM

yep also bought the halo remastered i would have bought dark souls but i haven't seen a single copy on my town

Dimnos Nov 15th, 2011 10:36 PM

Fuck yeah. Ill be picking it up by the weekend. I'm assuming you got it on ps3?

darkvare Nov 15th, 2011 11:03 PM

yep

Dimnos Nov 16th, 2011 01:29 AM

Beat blightown. Now I can't seam to figure out where to go. I have quite a few options but I keep getting my ass handed to me. Went back to the catacombs and finished it off. Holy weapons suck turd. They do to little damage. I was doing better just pushing skellies off cliffs with my axe.

Dimnos Nov 16th, 2011 12:07 PM

So i wondered my ass into the great hollow. Now I'm stuck at the bottom of a pit cursed. :\

Time to put it down for a little.

Picked up saints row Vare, lets go bust some caps.

kahljorn Nov 16th, 2011 12:26 PM

HOW ABOUT PLAYIN SOME LOL YOU SON OF ABITCH

THEY JUSt CHANGED ALL THE MASTERIES AND SUMMONER SPELLS AND SUCH

Revel Nov 18th, 2011 12:45 AM

Oddworld Munch's Oddysey :I

Pentegarn Nov 18th, 2011 07:05 AM

Been playing Knights of the Old Republic (not the MMO the old game) again. Still never finished it due to getting easily distracted, think I need to this time

darkvare Nov 18th, 2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 749791)
So i wondered my ass into the great hollow. Now I'm stuck at the bottom of a pit cursed. :\

Time to put it down for a little.

Picked up saints row Vare, lets go bust some caps.

i'll wait to see you online so we can fly around in the jet i just stole