I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   class rings (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707698)

Chojin Oct 7th, 2011 01:35 PM

class rings

so, my dad wants me to get a class ring for my bachelor's in business. i think it's a little ostentatious and want to wait for my master's before i bother with a ring. he thinks it's worth it to have it for the 2-3 years in-between and that a ring from UB would carry weight when doing business in maryland. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK.

also, i wanted you guys to help me choose a ring if i do get one.

============
here's what my dad and i compromised on:

base ring format:

the gold color would be ~$1000. stainless steel would be ~600, silver would be ~800, white gold would be ~1000. i think gold would look best against my skintone, but is too expensive for a bachelor's ring and would probably go with steel.

the big stone would be replaced with:

the black around around the diamond is a stone itself, i'm thinking either black to be consistent or garnet for my birthstone:

the garnet would appear much darker irl though.

============

here's the ring i was looking at on my own:

base ring format

colors and prices are as above. this ring pretty much costs the same as the other one, but it would be smaller and more understated than a superbowl ring.

============

what do you fags think about:
1. should i get a ring at all?
2. which one of those two would look best?

Aaarg Oct 7th, 2011 02:00 PM

class rings are for chumps and douchebags and asshats

k0k0 Oct 7th, 2011 02:00 PM

1. I wouldn't get a ring. I felt stupid enough wearing a wedding ring when I was engaged. She made me wear it early because of how often I get hit on. You should get one that you can wear in your pinky, that's always classy. And class rings are all about class.

2. Second one is less homozexual. Maybe you are all homozexuals.

Aaarg Oct 7th, 2011 02:01 PM

but i guess if you're in business you're just dealing with dipshits who put stock in things like class rings so whatever

burn everything, i say

Dimnos Oct 7th, 2011 02:11 PM

I would keep my money. How much muscle milk could you buy for that?

Sam Oct 7th, 2011 02:23 PM

CHOJIN STARS IN BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S 2

Kitsa Oct 7th, 2011 02:36 PM

I got class rings, because I felt like I was supposed to for some reason, and never wore them ever. Not even the medschool one, which has I think a caduceus on one side and then I insisted on an artist palette on the other. And the top has a gold caduceus in the garnet. It's atrocious but at the time I thought it was the least of the evils.

The one thing out of the whole purchase that I didn't regret was that I left it plain gold instead of the burnished look. I think it looks better in plain gold.

Esuohlim Oct 7th, 2011 02:55 PM

Class rings are pointless. Everyone wanted one in high school and, of course, nobody in their right mind wears a high school class ring after high school is over. I feel it's the same with college, only I don't know a single person who bought one of those.

But hey, if you want to make your alma mater part of your identity and be a grown-ass man who wears a gaudy class ring, that's your business!

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 7th, 2011 03:27 PM

I would get one but I'm already too geechi.

Kitsa Oct 7th, 2011 03:31 PM

My aunt lost her high school class ring like 25 years ago, and someone found it under the seat of a used car they bought and returned it to her. It was on their local news.

That's about exhausted my personal experience with class rings.

kahljorn Oct 7th, 2011 03:39 PM

CHOJIN WENT TO HAMBURGER COLLEGE

Esuohlim Oct 7th, 2011 03:40 PM

holy shit :lol

k0k0 Oct 7th, 2011 03:42 PM

I swear on really good posts like that one, I always go up to click the pickle button. Fucking broken pickle dispenser.

kahljorn Oct 7th, 2011 03:43 PM

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN CAUSE YOU KNOW IM GONNA GET BANNED

Colonel Flagg Oct 7th, 2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 745853)

CHOJIN WENT TO HAMBURGER COLLEGE

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 745856)

To paraphrase the words of René Magritte, "Ceci n'est pas un hamburger avec fromage."

Colonel Flagg Oct 7th, 2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 745855)
I swear on really good posts like that one, I always go up to click the pickle button.

You should change your name to Pavlov.

Kitsa Oct 7th, 2011 04:11 PM

he needed some sort of special pickle for that.

I respect kahl's tenacity.

Pentegarn Oct 7th, 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 745856)

I don't see cheese on that ring though, so that is a hamburger, the rule was no cheeseburger pics

:technicality

In answer to your 2 questions. 1) don't get a ring, nobody wears them 2) If you must get a ring then get a pinky ring like a mobster, or rock that hamburger ring and be my hero forever

ItalianStereotype Oct 7th, 2011 08:15 PM

I think dressing and speaking like an educated man with credentials would look better than a $1000 boner on your hand.

Ninjavenom Oct 7th, 2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype (Post 745883)
I think dressing and speaking like an educated man with credentials would look better than a $1000 boner on your hand.

This is the first time i've ever heard of you spurning a $1000 boner

ItalianStereotype Oct 7th, 2011 09:08 PM

Zomboid Oct 7th, 2011 09:35 PM

...does anyone actually see that ugly thing and think "THIS GUY IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB! JUST LOOK AT THAT GIANT, GAUDY RING! IT REMINDS ME OF MY SWEET GRANDMAMA,"?

'Cause it's pretty ugly, and I kinda doubt that any but the douchiest of people would think that wearing it isn't somehow detrimental to your success.

Sacks Oct 7th, 2011 10:14 PM

More like "no class rings" a-hew-hoo~.

kahljorn Oct 7th, 2011 10:16 PM

ALL OF US ARE BANNED FOR NOT TAKING CHOJINS THREAD SERIOUSLY

Grislygus Oct 7th, 2011 10:19 PM

I would add to the conversation except everyone's already gone over what I agree with

Besides, people will assume it's frigging high school ring unless you hold it right under their face and say LOOKIT MY RING