I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fates Warning (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10414)

Big Papa Goat Mar 28th, 2004 01:42 AM

Fates Warning

OSI is good too =o

Helm Mar 28th, 2004 12:16 PM

As I love both Fates Warning and Kevin Moore's solo efforts in Chroma Key it would be kinda tough to not like OSI. Actually one of the best records I've bought it a while. The next best thing to a new FW release. I love most of the songs on the OSI debut, besides the annoying Shutdown. What Jim Matheos saw in Porcupine Tree's constantly whining frontman is beyond me. The fully sampled piece (we'll let you know) is simply beautiful. Shame you can't play it for shit under standard tuning (it's DADGAD, I think).

If you like OSI, you're going to like latter day Fates Warning. Try anything after No Exit. And if you also like Power Metal, try everything from No Exit and before also, since FW, when they were a power metal band, were simply the best power metal band around.

Also, check out Jim Matheos' solo accoustic work in First Impressions and Away with Words. Very nice stuff.

The next FW album is going to be the best thing ever, I tell you.

Big Papa Goat May 4th, 2004 03:02 AM

Since helm is back now, I'm bumping this thread to say that A Pleasent Shade of Grey is awesome. Also, this is now a Fates Warning thread :posh

Helm May 4th, 2004 03:55 PM

The more I listen to them the more I am convinced they are the best band ever to grace the american metal scene. Have you listened to early FW yet? Try Spectre Within. The song "The Apparition" is easily my favourite power metal song of all time. I get goosebumps just thinking of it.

The fates warning thread must live forever.

Big Papa Goat May 4th, 2004 03:58 PM

I got Awaken The Guardian and it is definitely better than any power metal I've ever heard. But I'm not really into power metal :/

Dixie May 4th, 2004 10:27 PM

spectre within is definitely my favorite album by them. they're like queensryche, they used to be sooooooo good. i don't like any of that new stuff though :( it's a shame.

Helm May 5th, 2004 10:50 AM

By god, anyone that listens to Awaken the Guardian is MADE to love power metal. There's no way anyone can listen to The Sorceress and go "oh, it's good for power metal, but I don't like that sort of thing".

I SUGGEST REPEATED LISTENS.

And carnivore, FW may not be the smartest US power group anymore, but they are the powerest US prog metal group around. Still, I understand how their newer material might not appeal to you. You like Carnivore, after all.

Dixie May 5th, 2004 01:56 PM

hey they're still kicking around i'll give them that. i still consider them a very good band for their past releases though. and yes obviously i like carnivore, i'm proud of liking cavemen it seems.

Helm May 6th, 2004 10:21 AM

Seriously, Carnivore sucked so much. You must be the only one who WANTS to remember them by now.

Ninjavenom May 6th, 2004 02:42 PM

No way, Carnivore are fun times. Besides, would you rather listen to Type O Negative?

Helm May 6th, 2004 05:38 PM

Yes.

Mr. Vagiclean May 6th, 2004 10:11 PM

my friend just realized his uncle is the bassist from Dream Theater :lol

Helm May 6th, 2004 11:53 PM

He should go at night and steal his fingers and shove them up his ass.

Big Papa Goat May 7th, 2004 03:26 AM

Isn't the bassist from Dream Theater the only one without a side project?
I used to love dream theater, now I really only like the various bands with its members.

da blob May 24th, 2004 10:59 AM

[center:f7918b994e]- fates warning thread back on track -[/center:f7918b994e]

The intro of disconnected's second track (One) simply KILLS ITS MOTHER.