I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   UFC 91 - New Champ (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701062)

McClain Nov 16th, 2008 01:30 AM

UFC 91 - New Champ

I have to be honest, I really didn't want to see Lesnar win. And as much as I enjoy cheering for Couture, I didn't think he'd be able to fend off the giant. But as the fight progressed it looked like his game plan might work; tire out Brock and make it a fight of endurance.

Man that was disappointing.

So... After Nog destroys Mir in UFC 92, Lesnar is gonna' take a pounding from a fighter closer to their prime. I'd actually love to see Fedor bring the pain to UFC - toss Lesnar around the ring for a bit. That would be worth every PPV penny.

Pentegarn Nov 16th, 2008 06:47 AM

I thought Lesner would lose to be honest. Guess he showed me.

Angryhydralisk Nov 17th, 2008 04:39 PM

I gotta say that Kentucky boy in the opening card puts on a MEAN armbar!

But yeah, I figured Lesnar would win. Perfect timing for a publicity stunt.

Pentegarn Nov 18th, 2008 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk (Post 594664)
But yeah, I figured Lesnar would win. Perfect timing for a publicity stunt.

God I hope this was not a fix. We don't need UFC to become like boxing :x

Icculus Nov 18th, 2008 10:16 AM

Actually you need UFC to become more like boxing and less like nintendo. It only took 3 fights to become champ. Or you can go on the reality show and not even have to win just be a showman and you'll get fights. If they keep it up like this the whole thing is going to fall apart and it'll be just like the WWE.

MattJack Nov 18th, 2008 10:29 AM

I agree to some extent.

The problem with the UFC right now is that they have a pretty weak HW division. Brock did not deserve a title shot due to his record (2-1?), but I he has actually become quite a sensation as far being a HW in the UFC. Quick name three HWs you think deserve a title shot (excluding Nog).

The problem with boxing is that boxers generally fight for best dollar. I see more times then not in boxing that a fighter won't go after somebody with a better record or that is a better p4p fighter. Instead they'll fight Hopkins, De La Hoya, Jones Jr., etc. Sure those guys were good 5-10 years ago, but would you consider them the best boxers right now? No. Would you get more PPV buys if you fought them? Yes. The Don Kings have ruined boxing imo.

I think the UFC is good, but it could be a lot better.

For PPVs I would like to see more fights and less filler.

A Tourney wouldn't be bad once a year, would it?

Be fair with fighters and their records, don't go off and use somebody popular just to help get more PPV buys (ie Brock Lessnar, Forrest Gump).

Fire Mike Goldberg.

Put a leash/muzzle on Dana White. The president of such a huge orginazation should show more professionalism.

To be the champ you have to BEAT the champ. Split decisions go to the current champ.

Give MattJack tons of money for this gem just posted.

Angryhydralisk Nov 22nd, 2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 594840)

Put a leash/muzzle on Dana White. The president of such a huge orginazation should show more professionalism.

WhiteRat Nov 22nd, 2008 10:38 AM

:lol:lol:lol