I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New I-Mockery Halloween Article Help! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707196)

Mockery Aug 7th, 2011 07:31 PM

New I-Mockery Halloween Article Help!

So I had an idea for an article I want to include in our upcoming annual "Two Months of Halloween" season on I-Mockery and I wanted to poll you guys to see what suggestions you had for it.

The article will be called something like "The Scariest Moments in Non-Horror Films" and I think it's self-explanatory. There are plenty of scary horror movie moments, but what about non-horror films that have surprisingly scary moments. Which moments in non-horror films caught you by surprise?

For example: Pee-wee's Big Adventure is a comedy film, but there's no denying that the Large Marge scene was scary as hell back when we were kids. So that's one thing that I'll be including in the article for sure.

So now it's your turn. Tell me what other non-horror films had moments that you thought were scary and I might include them on the list. And yes, you can make as many suggestions as you like.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to keep your suggestion a surprise for everybody else, feel free to send it to me via PM instead of posting it in this thread.

Thanks! :halloween :halloween2 :halloween :halloween2

Pentegarn Aug 7th, 2011 08:10 PM

About 1:50-2:05 in is where it happens. Scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it

Nick Aug 7th, 2011 08:18 PM

Sent you a PM with some suggestions.

k0k0 Aug 7th, 2011 08:19 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot when I was a kid watching Through The Looking Glass, the Jabberwocky used to freak me the fuck out. It's towards the end of this vid.

Esuohlim Aug 7th, 2011 08:30 PM

I've got a winner

Dommin Aug 7th, 2011 09:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo6a6QaLTU

Seriously. Fucking. Seriously.

Zhukov Aug 8th, 2011 07:04 AM

Anything from The Last Unicorn, particularly the Red Bull. I'd post but youtube isn't working for me today.

Nick Aug 8th, 2011 07:06 AM

Clearly, My Little Toaster was made to scare the shit out of kids.

That scene with the creepy Peter Lorre fan didn't sit well either.

executioneer Aug 8th, 2011 02:43 PM

how about the scene in indiana jones and the last crusade where the guy drinks from the wrong grail

i mean yeah, it's a BAD GUY it happens to, but still

i had to close my eyes on that part every time I watched that movie when I was a kid

also, the part where marion is getting piled on by a bunch of skeletons and then the snake comes out of the skeleton's mouth in raiders, and the part where all the nazis' faces melt off are pretty goddamn scary

Zomboid Aug 8th, 2011 04:34 PM

For me, the opening of the ark was horrifying.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 8th, 2011 04:48 PM

It was a thriller I guess but the part in One Hour Photo where he is alone in the all white store and his eyes explode out of nowhere.

creeposaurus Aug 8th, 2011 05:32 PM

There was a part in All Dogs Go to Heaven when Charlie had a nightmare about going to Hell. I used to fast forward through it since it scared me as a child. Best scariest scene about going to hell ever...

Zhukov Aug 8th, 2011 10:58 PM

I used to love that part. Where he is on the sinking boat, right?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 8th, 2011 11:54 PM

That is the saddest movie ever too.

Mockery Aug 9th, 2011 12:56 AM

Do you have a clip of that All Dogs Go To Heaven scene I can check out?

Great suggestions so far btw... keep 'em coming guys.

k0k0 Aug 9th, 2011 01:12 AM

here it is, but couldn't find one with just the scene... it starts at 2:20 or so.

Zomboid Aug 9th, 2011 01:20 AM

Well, I guess I could contribute. This one scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I remember being, like, five years old, getting up early, and watching the movie. When it got to this part, I pulled the blanket up like a little wuss and didn't leave the couch until someone else woke up and came into the living room.

It's more that entire scene rather than those 13 seconds, though.

executioneer Aug 9th, 2011 03:14 AM

oh god seconded

k0k0 Aug 9th, 2011 03:17 AM

Yeah, as soon as christopher lloyd went toon, my young mind didn't want to watch anymore. I third that one.

Mockery Aug 9th, 2011 04:32 AM

Ha! Oddly enough, I already had that movie on my list, but I had Judge Doom killing the cartoon shoe instead of Lloyd's eyes bugging out. I mean, the damn thing looks like it's bleeding for chrissakes when he puts it in the dip!

(start it around 2:30)

Zomboid Aug 9th, 2011 04:50 AM

That whole movie probably messed a lot of kids up. I know that, for me, Doc Brown was always a little bit menacing because of Judge Doom :(

Edit: How 'bout this? I think the little girl in the painting disturbed me more when I saw it, but there was also that scene with the witch trying to lure the boy (with the same name as me) out of the tree.

k0k0 Aug 9th, 2011 05:15 AM

Labyrinth used to freak me out as a kid also. Fucking weird david bowie and his strange creatures.

Pentegarn Aug 9th, 2011 06:38 AM

I had a friend who was scared of the guys who took their heads off and then tried to take Jennifer Connelly's head off

captain516 Aug 9th, 2011 02:01 PM

Pent reminded me

I was also gona include the elctroshock part, but I couldn't find it.

k0k0 Aug 9th, 2011 02:09 PM

Return to Oz was all kinds of fucked as a kid. The Neverending Story was pretty bad also.