I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2012 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708860)

Mockery Nov 30th, 2012 07:36 PM

You don't have to wait, just post when you guys get your stuff :P

blood_panther Nov 30th, 2012 09:55 PM

yeah, if everyone waits to open their gifts until others open their gifts, then everyone will just have a bunch of unopened boxes!

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 1st, 2012 03:23 PM

I mailed my package off today - they said it would take 1 - 2 weeks, so I'm glad I sent it out earlier than the deadline

Mockery Dec 2nd, 2012 05:24 AM

My gifts have been purchased, but I haven't had a chance to send them out yet. Will be doing that early this week.

BatmanJohnson Dec 2nd, 2012 01:32 PM

Shipped today!

Ex Leper Dec 2nd, 2012 03:56 PM

Nick Dec 2nd, 2012 04:52 PM

My giftee has got most of their gifts. They just have one more that hasn't arrived.

JohnnyQuest Dec 3rd, 2012 12:17 PM

I completely missed it this year! (It was super fun last year, too - thanks again, Santa!)
AARGH! Oh, well, I can't wait to see the gift photos, and I'll be sure to jump in again next year!

ChrisGlass Dec 3rd, 2012 03:24 PM

Should send mine out in a few days. Just need to finish wrapping a few things.

Thanos Dec 3rd, 2012 07:09 PM

I sent my package out to my victim.... er, I mean Secret Santa giftee today. This is going to be so awesome!

Mockery Dec 3rd, 2012 07:25 PM

Shipped my gifts out of the country today and the shipping cost almost as much as all my gifts did this time (which was a lot). Damnit. >:

To my recipient: MAKE IT WORTH IT. :xmas1 :rock

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 3rd, 2012 09:56 PM

I hear you there about shipping Rog - I ended up spending $15 on shipping, & that was the cheapest viable option o_0

Whatever, it's completely worth it. If I hadn't spent my money on this, I would have just spent it on something stupid, like food or living expenses ;P

Ex Leper Dec 3rd, 2012 10:09 PM

I wasn't able to get tracking due to it being out of the country, did you have that same problem?

dextire Dec 3rd, 2012 10:17 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure any shipping method (FedEx, UPS, USPS) offers international tracking.
Shipping always tends to be expensive for me. I guess I send a lot of heavy crap. :lol

Oh, well. It is Christmas after all. :xmas1

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2012 11:08 PM

Just remember everyone. The point of the Christmas spirit is to give your money to the post office or fed ex. Those guys work really hard year round and deserve the christmas bonus we here at I-Mockery have provided them with this year.

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 3rd, 2012 11:14 PM

I could have got tracking, but it would have been an extra $8, & from what I know of tracking out of the country, it just tells you that it left the country - not worth it IMHO (I know the rules tell you to get a tracking number, but sorry guys, I broke that rule - if you'd like, I can make up a tracking number & it'll be about as useful as the one from the post office :P)

blood_panther Dec 4th, 2012 12:34 AM

I can understand why the post office wouldnt offer internation tracking, what with it being a different post office in a different country and all, but I can't see why fed ex/UPS wouldnt offer internation tracking. I mean isnt it the same company no matter where in the world it is?

edit: So on a whim I checked my canadian tracking number on the US postal website, and was surprised to find out, it works and it's still tracking even out of country. so you guys might want to give that a shot.

replicant Dec 4th, 2012 04:57 PM

Yeah! I gots paid now I can ship ship ship. Hope my SS likes their loot. :D

Update: It's shipped! Woot!

ChrisGlass Dec 4th, 2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 764197)
I can understand why the post office wouldnt offer internation tracking, what with it being a different post office in a different country and all, but I can't see why fed ex/UPS wouldnt offer internation tracking. I mean isnt it the same company no matter where in the world it is?

edit: So on a whim I checked my canadian tracking number on the US postal website, and was surprised to find out, it works and it's still tracking even out of country. so you guys might want to give that a shot.

Yeah, tracking works somewhat. I ship to Russia occasionally to inlaws. And it's cute when the Postal Workers say "It'll arrive in 6-10 days" when it's really 15-20. And most of that it's just sitting in customs, according to tracking. I don't believe we've lost a package yet to Russia, they just take FOREVER.

Mockery Dec 5th, 2012 12:50 PM

So did anybody get their goodies yet? Seems like a few people should already have their gifts so they can start posting 'em. Looking forward to seeing whatcha got!

Ex Leper Dec 5th, 2012 03:32 PM

I received my package today. I'd say its my best fallout so far! I have to charge my camera but after gym and dinner I'll take pictures as soon as possible! Thank you still anonymous person! :rock

Thanos Dec 5th, 2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Leper (Post 764237)
I received my package today. I'd say its my best fallout so far! I have to charge my camera but after gym and dinner I'll take pictures as soon as possible! Thank you still anonymous person! :rock

You're welcome! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Ex Leper Dec 5th, 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 764241)
You're welcome! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Oh sweet I got you last year right?

Dimnos Dec 5th, 2012 05:48 PM

That seams to be the trend the past few years.

Thanos Dec 5th, 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Leper (Post 764242)
Oh sweet I got you last year right?

Yep, you sent to me last year. Funny how the universe works itself out, eh?