I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Editorials - The Geek Hierarchy (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699174)

Grislygus Mar 17th, 2008 03:45 PM

To Anyone Trying To Engage In Genuine Debate

Tadao Mar 17th, 2008 04:04 PM

Pent, I recommend you read the ED we found on him. Don't even try to have a real argument with him on the subject.

Tetsu Deinonychus Mar 17th, 2008 04:16 PM

In a forum I used to spend alot of time at, someone once posted an image that had a caption on it, which read...

"Arguing on the internet is alot like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded"

The result of this was that everyone got into a huge argument about whether the image was offensive to the mentally handicapped.

I don't know why I thought of that, just now.

Tadao Mar 17th, 2008 04:18 PM

Because you are retarded.

Tetsu Deinonychus Mar 17th, 2008 04:26 PM

I...We...Todd...Ed?

DuFresne Mar 17th, 2008 04:47 PM

yes, sofa king we todd did! :lol

Pentegarn Mar 17th, 2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 539281)
Pent, I recommend you read the ED we found on him. Don't even try to have a real argument with him on the subject.

You're right. Both you and Gus are right. It is pointless trying to use logic and reason on him, he is ignoring everything said to him and seeing what he wants to see. Eventually, he will realize what a waste he is and likely will end up on crack... or is meth the wastrel drug of choice these days? I am old you see so i am out of the loop :lol

Pub Lover Mar 17th, 2008 05:31 PM

I disagree. Delusions of adequacy can last a lifetime.

Pentegarn Mar 17th, 2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 539302)
I disagree. Delusions of adequacy can last a lifetime.

That hardly seems fair :lol

Xydexx Mar 17th, 2008 10:13 PM

Wow. For a bunch of folks who claim not to take the internet seriously, y'all sure do get bent way out of shape at the drop of a hat.

Chojin Mar 17th, 2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xydexx (Post 539035)
Yes, I agree, most people who knock on furries have extremely odious personal habits. :)

The english language would suggest that the last noun was the implied subject, but I can understand that inflatable dogs have no time for comprehension.

Pentegarn Mar 17th, 2008 10:25 PM

One time, I got bent out of shape about something, so you know what I did?

This is really good. Are you ready?

I made an account on a forum and trolled it and then ignored all semblence of logic and reason I saw.

No wait, That wasn't me at all was it? Must have been someone else I was thinking of. Who could that be, I wonder? hmmmm....

kewalter Mar 20th, 2008 03:17 AM

Is that first picture, the music geek, Kevin Rose?

Zomboid Mar 20th, 2008 04:42 AM

How the fuck is it cool to like dr.who and STAR TREK? WHEN WAS STAR TREK EVER BETTER THAN STAR WARS?

Aside from that, good stuff. I am a movie geek and I dabble in the toy geek stuff.

Tadao Mar 20th, 2008 12:39 PM

Barbies princess mansion does not count as toy geek stuff zomboid.

Tetsu Deinonychus Mar 20th, 2008 06:59 PM

Tadao knows this because he, himself is also a huge Barbie collector.

Nktalloth Mar 23rd, 2008 11:27 PM

Is the nerd catfight done now? Is it safe for me to post?

I'm a video game, MMORPG, and RPG nerd. I also use the phrase "internet culture" entirely too much for it to be healthy.

Is internet nerd worthy of it's own slot?

the leet noob Mar 26th, 2008 08:03 AM

hmm, let's see...
video game, MMORPG, internet, otaku, fanfic writer.

yes I have lost a day to an MMORPG (Endless Online)
yes I do shower
no I do not dress like anime characters
no I do not write self-inserts
yes I do have a social life outside of the MMORPGs

yes furries are strange BUT as long as they don't try to convert everyone to being furries then that's okay.

another category, the insane geek (found this on stumbleupon) http://www.forthebenefitofmankind.xm.com/

the leet noob Mar 26th, 2008 08:04 AM

hehe oops, clicked on submit twice...
edited it so it only says this...

loupis Mar 27th, 2008 06:55 PM

I never realized that I fit into more than one geek category... I have to rethink my entire plan of social attack now...

The Fourth Mar 28th, 2008 03:20 AM

Um... I might have missed the memo or something, but did you get published on Wired? 'Cause there's a page of a geek hierarchy dillio, right here. I'm sure Wired is capable of coming up with this on their own, but the timing seemed odd to me. Make what you will of this info.

executioneer Mar 28th, 2008 03:42 AM

that one's not so much a hierarchy, though

sillyoctopus Mar 28th, 2008 08:51 AM

I am a video gamer, a MMORPGer and a LARPer. Firstly LARP should be moved up a lot cirtainly above the Ren Faire Geek. LARP is perfect escapism (i don't hate my life its just that everyone elses is better) and as long as you aren't living your life like it outside of the events you are considered sane. Its also a good way of keeping fit if you go regularly (all that running around a field is hard work)! But for goodness sake do not call the arrows and bolts "nerf" they are not (nerf is a company and the arrows etc. are made of everyday foam)!!!

Ta plus okaru seems worse than LARP (after its moved above the Ren Faire Geek)

Tadao Mar 28th, 2008 01:52 PM

Firstly, I'll call your little nerf toys nerf toys. Secondly, Boo Hoo!

KatieLovesThe80's Mar 28th, 2008 05:29 PM

i pretty much so agree with the order, but i have heard some decent marching bands but the high school one usually don't sound too great and that's coming from a band geek herself. well i may not even be considered a band geek though because i am in the colorguard (the ones who spin the flags) but that might be even a little worse than a band geek.