I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   No Country For Old Men (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698201)

Mockery Nov 12th, 2007 02:02 PM

No Country For Old Men

See it. See it as soon as you can. It's one hell of a movie by the Coen brothers... hardly any music the entire time, which makes it all the more unsettling. I thought it was really unpredictable too. And the main killer guy, Anton, is insanely cool.

MarioRPG Nov 12th, 2007 03:17 PM

I thought this one sounded good, I think I might mosey on down and check it out.

Guitar Woman Nov 12th, 2007 06:46 PM

Yes, I've been excited about this for a few weeks. It looks fantastic.

Eyelobe Nov 12th, 2007 11:23 PM

I have only heard good things about this film. I have been a fan of the Coens since I first saw The Big Lubowski. Looking forward to this...

darkvare Nov 13th, 2007 01:10 AM

is not out here yet :(

Brandon Nov 14th, 2007 11:22 PM

Read the Cormac McCarthy novel that it's based on, too. In fact, read anything of McCarthy's that you can get your hands on.

MarioRPG Nov 24th, 2007 09:17 AM

Saw it, and I really hate when the end movies like that.... I give a 7.5/10

Protoclown Nov 29th, 2007 12:07 AM

I saw it and I fucking loved it, especially the end.

It still ain't no Miller's Crossing though.

Mockery Nov 29th, 2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown (Post 512755)
I saw it and I fucking loved it, especially the end.

It still ain't no Miller's Crossing though.

Damned right, it's better than Miller's Crossing!

Glad ya loved the movie though... it really is one of the coolest flicks I've seen in a while. And I repeat - Anton is THE MAN.

Zomboid Nov 29th, 2007 02:33 PM

Supposed to see it tomorrow. It looks really good but I'm not a huge fan of the coen bros.

noob3 Dec 12th, 2007 03:24 PM

this movie was one of the better movies i've seen in awhile. it even had a MORAL! wow, kids! you don't see that much these days

Zomboid Dec 12th, 2007 03:37 PM

Seconded....but then I watched the good, the bad, and the ugly for the first time and forgot about this one completely.

WhiteRat Dec 15th, 2007 04:21 PM

Saw this movie for the second time thursday and ill probably see it for a third. It's one of the best movies i've seen in years.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Dec 15th, 2007 10:23 PM

Just saw this last night. Awesome movie. Depressing that about 80% of the audience hated it. A few were asking for their money back.

Fucking peasants.

WhiteRat Dec 16th, 2007 12:12 PM

Asking for their money back?!

Did the audience happen to be huffing gas?

Supafly345 Jan 26th, 2008 09:04 PM

How much have you ever lost at a coin toss?

Pentegarn Jan 27th, 2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 510870)
See it. See it as soon as you can. It's one hell of a movie by the Coen brothers... hardly any music the entire time, which makes it all the more unsettling. I thought it was really unpredictable too. And the main killer guy, Anton, is insanely cool.

Haven't seen it but I plan to soon. The Coen brothers just don't seem to make bad movies.

Geggy Jan 27th, 2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 527772)
The Coen brothers just don't seem to make bad movies.

What about Intolerable Cruelty? As a viewer watching the movie, I thought the title lived up to its name.

ScruU2wice Jan 27th, 2008 09:36 PM

I personally loved the hell outta this movie, but I can also see how people would absolutely despise it, just because it's so different.

at the same time I would've been pissed if this didn't get an oscar nod.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Jan 28th, 2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 514700)
Asking for their money back?!

Did the audience happen to be huffing gas?

I live in an Uber blue collar mining town.

If I didn't have so much invested in the local art and creative community, not to mention fantastic friends, I would not be here.

Anyone see 'There Will Be Blood', yet?

Fat_Hippo Feb 2nd, 2008 11:55 AM

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I haven't disliked anything by the Coen brothers I've seen so far, so maybe I'll check it out.

Zbu Manowar Feb 9th, 2008 09:26 PM

Javier Bardem fucking rocks. He's basically the whole reason to see this movie.

Zomboid Feb 9th, 2008 10:00 PM

I agree. I don't want this one to be cheapened by making a sequel, but I loved that character.

Edit: Josh Brolin was pretty damn good too.

Zbu Manowar Feb 10th, 2008 01:23 PM

I'd go as far to say it ranks up there with Clarence Boddicker. Doesn't surpass Kurtwood Smith, but it's in the same area.

Zomboid Feb 11th, 2008 02:09 AM

Robocop is on tv right now, actually. That's a villain I totally forgot about. Definitely a pretty fucking evil guy. That's something that's missing in a lot of movies lately. Truly evil villains that aren't at all gimmicky or conventional.