I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The We Bred Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704794)

Kitsa Jun 14th, 2010 05:13 PM

The We Bred Thread

Because some of us have kids or are about to and love them, fuck you very much.

Dimnos Jun 14th, 2010 05:22 PM

So what do we do here? Exploit our children for laughs?

Kitsa Jun 14th, 2010 05:29 PM

I guess so.

We manage to drag discussions about baby shit into all the other threads, might as well centralize it :)

My kid was a holy terror at the Air Force museum the other day, which was odd because she's always behaved herself there before. Lots of diaper changes, lots of emergency bottles, very embarrassing. Dunno what got into her but I was sure people were looking and making their little judgments.

edit: I guess we should begin with what we have. Two years ago, I had identical twin girls. They were premature, and they didn't survive. My mom had premature fraternal twins who didn't survive, and my great aunt had premature twins who didn't survive, so apparently my family doesn't do twins well.

In January I had another daughter, very strong, cooked more than long enough (I had been in labor for 2 weeks when I had her) and doing fine.

Dimnos Jun 14th, 2010 05:49 PM

I got two myself. One boy who is almost 9 and the little girl who just hit 6 months the other day.

kahljorn Jun 14th, 2010 05:51 PM

IM SORRY YOU GUYS

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 14th, 2010 06:02 PM

My girlfriend asked her dad for a goat two christmases ago(just as a joke.) When she told me about it I always made fun of her for asking for it.

We were trying to figure out what zodiac sign little ghost is going to be and couldn't do it off the top of our heads. I called her a little while ago and told her I got her a goat. She was skeptical at first then I told her I realized the kid were going to be a capricorn.

Colonel Flagg Jun 14th, 2010 08:19 PM

4 kids, one biological, three adopted.

I was about to provide TMI, but no. No, I won't. :(

Cheers.

Evil Robot Jun 14th, 2010 10:36 PM

A freind of mine was driving through some city in Conneticuit when his girlfreind who was from China spotted the "Childrens Museum". She said she was disgusted that people would put children on display in a museum like that.

Sam Jun 15th, 2010 02:50 AM

I thought this was the The Wheat Bread Thread when I first saw it.

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2010 03:05 AM

i thought it was the WE BREAD threAD :(

k0k0 Jun 15th, 2010 08:52 AM

I'm not gonna have kids. There are too many people in the world and too many kids without families. If I did get to the point in my life where I needed to take care of something other than my dogs, I'd adopt. Hopefully they'd let me choose the color and look too. I think I'd want a white one...maybe a ginger.

Chojin Jun 15th, 2010 09:07 AM

good idea, the adopted kid can bring you beers while you play wow in your parents' basement.

Kitsa Jun 15th, 2010 09:09 AM

Adoption is admirable, if they'll let you. Did you know many organizations won't adopt to anyone with a cancer history? Apparently, former cancer patients are the only people who stand any risk of dying, for any reason.

Fathom Zero Jun 15th, 2010 10:04 AM

Lovely. I never considered adopting a kid, but who knows. Maybe someday. Then again, maybe I should consider myself responsible enough to take care of any animal before having a kid.

And a protip - when you buy a kid, try and buy american. No reason to get one of them Ruskies or Nigerians.

Colonel Flagg Jun 15th, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 689241)
Did you know many organizations won't adopt to anyone with a cancer history?

I find this reprehensible. Many children that are available for adoption have either terminal (HIV+) or other life-threatening conditions and/or disabilities. Who best to raise such a child than one who has stared death in the face and not blinked?

FAH beaurocrats in DHS. >:

And, on a side note, there are also unwritten "guidelines" on adoptions across racial lines. This has gotten better in recent years, but it still exists. And it sucks big hairy monkey ass.

Shrubfest Jun 15th, 2010 10:52 AM

I've been concidering how feasible being a surrogate womb would be. It would be an interesting experiment.

Also, I'd quite like to be a foster mother, but I doubt I'd be able to cope with the constant flow in-flow out of kids.

But who am I kidding? I'm going to be a spinster. A really bitter feminist one.

Dimnos Jun 15th, 2010 10:55 AM

You could teach sex ed to the kids as Sam sticks it to you. Think of the good you could do for the community. For the kids.

Colonel Flagg Jun 15th, 2010 11:46 AM

Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life immediately came to mind. I'd post the YouTube clip if it weren't blocked (damned firewall).

Colonel Flagg Jun 15th, 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 689248)
I'm going to be a spinster. A really bitter feminist one.

Dare to dream.

Tadao Jun 15th, 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 689189)
My girlfriend asked her dad for a goat two christmases ago(just as a joke.) When she told me about it I always made fun of her for asking for it.

We were trying to figure out what zodiac sign little ghost is going to be and couldn't do it off the top of our heads. I called her a little while ago and told her I got her a goat. She was skeptical at first then I told her I realized the kid were going to be a capricorn.

Aren't you gonna have to pick up your kid from the jailhouse hospital in a few months?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2010 03:57 PM

I don't think so actually.

Pentegarn Jun 15th, 2010 05:29 PM

So psycho is what, not preggo? Turn's out it was not yours? Miscarried?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2010 05:56 PM

As far as I know through my "sources" is that she "lost" it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2010 05:58 PM

Take that J.J. Abrams.

Fathom Zero Jun 15th, 2010 06:00 PM

:lol