I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dethklok - Dethalbum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697803)

eggyolk Sep 25th, 2007 01:33 PM

Dethklok - Dethalbum

If you are familiar with the show Metalocalypse on Adult Swim, the band has released an album. It has full length songs from the show plus unreleased shit. While it's hard to understand some of the thing's he is saying, the instrumentals on this are actually pretty good.

Fun fact: Brendan Small from Home Movies fame does vocals, guitar, and bass. Oh, and Gene Hoglan plays the drums.

Downloaded out of novelty, I'm actually enjoying this album. :rock

It's released today (Sept. 25th) if you feel the need to buy it.

Mockery Sep 25th, 2007 04:22 PM

In case you're interested in more details about it:

Quote:

On September 25, Adult Swim will unleash the brand-new CD from DETHKLOK on an unsuspecting public. "Dethalbum" features several full-length songs from Adult Swim's most metal animated series "Metalocalypse" plus all-new tracks.

To coincide with the premiere of the second season of "Metalocalypse" on Adult Swim and release of "Metalocalypse Season 1" on DVD, a regular and a deluxe CD edition of "Dethalbum" will be released. The deluxe edition will include a second disc featuring seven even more brutal tracks, the animated video for the utterly brutal single "Bloodrocuted", and the premiere episode from Season 2 of "Metalocalypse".

"Dethalbum" track listing:

Disc 1 (Regular and Deluxe Editions):

01. Murmaider
02. Go Into the Water
03. Awaken
04. Bloodrocuted
05. Go Forth and Die
06. Fansong
07. Better Metal Snake
08. The Lost Vikings
09. Thunderhorse
10. Briefcase Full of Guts
11. Birthday Dethday
12. Hatredcopter
13. Castratikron
14. Face Fisted
15. Dethharmonic
16. Deththeme

Disc 2 (Deluxe Edition ONLY):

01. Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
02. Blood Ocean
03. Murdertrain A Comin'
04. Pickles Intro
05. Kill You
06. Hatredy
07. Dethklok Gets in Tune
* Video for "Bloodrocuted"
* Episode from Season 2

Created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha, "Metalocalypse" follows the on- and off-stage adventures of DETHKLOK, an incredibly talented and insanely popular Norwegian heavy metal band. DETHKLOK boasts the lineup of vocalist Nathan Explosion (lyrical visionary), Skwisgaar Skwigelf and Toki Wartooth (two of the fastest guitarists alive), bassist William Murderface and drummer Pickles — the soul of the band. Not really.

"Dethalbum" features a guest appearance by Gene Hoglan (DARK ANGEL, DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, TESTAMENT) Hoglan will team up with Mike Keneally, Bryan Beller and Brendon Small on the road as the real live version of DETHKLOK. The group will open for ...AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF OUR DEAD on their U.S. tour in the fall. This Adult Swim-backed trek will include free shows at 12 U.S. colleges (open to the public) beginning on October 29, although the tour schedule for has not been announced.

Mike Keneally (guitar) has played with Frank Zappa and Steve Vai, among others, and is also the National Music Director for the Paul Green School of Rock. Bryan Beller (bass) is part of the Mike Keneally band and currently tours with Steve Vai.

Dr. V Sep 25th, 2007 08:39 PM

Best Buy didn't have the deluxe version so I got the regular. I feel bad for missing Blood Ocean but I'll just download all the tracks I missed. And yes, It's brutal.

Guitar Woman Sep 25th, 2007 09:20 PM

I saw this at the store today, but was way too broke to get it. :(

Angryhydralisk Sep 27th, 2007 12:00 PM

DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE!? :rock

I'd get the deluxe probably just for that.

Yggdrasill Sep 28th, 2007 12:43 AM

I can't wait to get this. I'll be the most METAL guy on my block!

sspadowsky Sep 28th, 2007 12:52 AM

I nearly shit a brick when I found out that Keneally and Beller were involved in this. These guys are some of the coolest guys, and most amazing musicians you will ever see, and not in that Yngwie-Malmsteen-jerking-off kind of way.

If you see the that the Mike Keneally Band is within driving distance of your area, GO. SEE THEM. NOW. You will give up any ambitions of being a musician, and go home and kill yourself, because you will never ever ever ever ever ever if you practice 18 hours a day and live to be 6 billion years old be as good as these guys, but you will really enjoy the show before you do the suicide.

Yggdrasill Oct 3rd, 2007 12:53 PM

This album rocks, but the coffee song is missing!

Grislygus Oct 3rd, 2007 05:29 PM

Duncan Hills is on the deluxe version.

DuFresne Nov 13th, 2007 05:27 PM

My girlfriend just sent me the deluxe edition. Do I have to give her an engagement ring now?

Dr. V Nov 14th, 2007 12:57 AM

Give her engagement BLOOD!

Emu Nov 14th, 2007 10:41 AM

Give her their next album as an engagement ring. :eek

Carnivore Nov 14th, 2007 11:30 AM

I love this show and I've had this album for over a month. The deluxe version on iTunes doesn't have all the bonus tracks, though. That pisses me off. I only have a crappy version of the Duncan Hills Jingle that I got before the album came out. Fucking lame.

Dr. V Nov 14th, 2007 06:25 PM

I'll give ya the good one.

noob3 Nov 14th, 2007 07:50 PM

fuck dethclock they cancelled thier tourdate in oklahoma like a bunch of fags

Dr. V Nov 14th, 2007 11:04 PM

That's what you get for living in Oklahoma.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 14th, 2008 10:09 PM

Dethklok is going on tour during 06/2008 on the east coast(especially North east) this time. Got my tickets for the 6/22/2008 show from ticketmaster.com. They're roughly $30(with service charges) a piece but they're also playing with some other bands so it's not terrible.

Fathom Zero Apr 14th, 2008 10:29 PM

Yeah, I'd rather see Megadeth.

Dommin Apr 14th, 2008 10:35 PM

The only thing I hated about this CD was that they didn't include a full version of Sewn Back Together Wrong.

SEWN! Back together WRONG! Back, together SEWN!

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 02:15 AM

according to something[i forgot what], dethalbum is the top selling death metal album OF ALL TIME, which is pretty lame ;<

T-Rex Apr 15th, 2008 09:29 AM

Hatredcopter.

It's like a regular helicopter that's fueled by the tears of small children.

Tadao Apr 15th, 2008 12:04 PM

I love Brendon Small, I had no idea he was behind this.

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 02:29 PM

yeah, but Home Movies was way better than this show, imo. :x

Grislygus Apr 15th, 2008 02:32 PM

I hated Home Movies until I walked in on my friends watching the Fanz Kafka musical episode

THen I started paying attention to it and noticed how awesome coach mcguirk was

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 02:35 PM

yeah, he's one of the funnier characters i've seen on any adult swim cartoon :x