I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SNES9X Emulator Problem (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10721)

Esuohlim Apr 12th, 2004 05:02 PM

SNES9X Emulator Problem

I just downloaded a SNES9X emulator, but when I try to run it I get a message that says "_GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected VooDoo Graphics, none detected"

Help me, nerds >:

whoreable Apr 12th, 2004 06:30 PM

well it si trying to use glide, a graphics mode using a 3dfx card, maybe it has settings where you can change it to direct3d or opengl or something?

Esuohlim Apr 12th, 2004 06:52 PM

If it does have settings, I can't get to them. This message comes up every time and it prevents it from running.

whoreable Apr 12th, 2004 07:02 PM

maybe there is a file in the directory with settings saved, an ini file or something, try renaming it and see if it resets the settings and creates a new one.

Esuohlim Apr 12th, 2004 07:30 PM

No luck.

Is there anything I could download that would detect VooDoo Graphics or anything like that? I had an snes9x emulator before and it worked without any problems, and I downloaded it again because I accidentally deleted the folder that had it. I also tried downloading several different versions of it and they all have the same message.

Esuohlim Apr 12th, 2004 07:39 PM

I just downloaded a glide2x.dll whatever thing. I tried out the emulator, it said a message about it not being able to run properly, and then it ran. The message only popped up once, and now it runs without the message popping up. Perfectly.

So, I guess I'm all set. Thanks anyway. :(

EDIT-- Wait, the program shuts itself down all of the sudden all the time. >:

You know what, fuck this. I'll just play the crappy ZSNES emulator that I have, which makes the screen jitter sometimes and makes half the sprites not appear some of the time. >:

AChimp Apr 12th, 2004 08:03 PM

Something on your computer must be making it think that you have a 3DFX card. :(

Have you messed around with your video drivers lately?

Mike Apr 14th, 2004 02:00 AM

Try ZSNES. It's a better emulator by far.

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2004 05:26 AM

Only if you think 'by far' means 'not at all'. >:

Mike Apr 14th, 2004 12:24 PM

Well I couldn't get SNES9X to work on my computer. Then I played it at a friend's house and it had all this crappy slow down and the sound and graphics were all grubby. In my experience ZSNES does a better job of emulating close to the SNES's original functioning and I got it to work on my comp.

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2004 01:29 PM

Listen Mike, maybe you didn't notice, but I'm never taken seriously here, infact I'm generally ingnored because I'm not worth the time of serious thought at all.

So sorry if you were confused. :(

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
Try ZSNES. It's a better emulator by far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
I'll just play the crappy ZSNES emulator that I have, which makes the screen jitter sometimes and makes half the sprites not appear some of the time. >:

ZSNES really fucking sucks, is my point. If it didn't, I wouldn't be going through the trouble of getting my SNES9X to work. >:

DemonLlama Apr 14th, 2004 03:40 PM

Do you actually own a Voodoo Card? If so, which one?

ArrowX Apr 16th, 2004 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
Well I couldn't get SNES9X to work on my computer. Then I played it at a friend's house and it had all this crappy slow down and the sound and graphics were all grubby. In my experience ZSNES does a better job of emulating close to the SNES's original functioning and I got it to work on my comp.

Try Pleading youre mommy and daddy to buy a new one, or go crawl under a rock and die

Mike Apr 16th, 2004 03:53 AM

Come to think of it Milhouse, the glide2x.dll file might be corrupted. I remember hearing something about this on another forum and if you want, I have a copy of this file which may (or may not) detect your VooDoo card. PM me if you want and I'll email it to you.