I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Halo Wars (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702157)

Ant10708 Apr 25th, 2009 12:18 PM

Halo Wars

Has anyone played or bought this? Its a pretty simplified version of a PC real time strategy but so far the single player campaign has been fun and worth the play especially if you are a fan of the Halo universe. Also, the cutscenes are some of the best I have seen on the 360. I have yet to try the multiplayer but I have heard it is fun.

LordSappington Apr 25th, 2009 03:41 PM

Halo Wars in a nutshell:
Build three supply pads, two power plants, and an academy. Take over other bases to make more supply pads while you research upgrades. When you run out of upgrades in the academy, build an air pad. Research the missile salvo. Build as many vultures as you can. Storm their base while spamming them with MAC rounds. Game over, you win.

Nick Apr 25th, 2009 08:08 PM

I liked the demo, and I borrowed the game. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, though.

Zhukov Apr 26th, 2009 10:18 AM

I was about half way through downloading the demo before I realised that it was taking too long to worry about, so I stopped it. Too be honest, it looks bad.

LordSappington Apr 26th, 2009 07:45 PM

It just got boring, fast. The unit population is pretty gay, too; there were a few times when I'd get swamped by enemies, and couldn't build enough units to save myself.
Bottom line, stick with Command and Conquer.

Dimnos Apr 27th, 2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 626115)
It just got boring, fast....

REALLY fast

LordSappington Apr 27th, 2009 11:54 PM

It was always funny as hell to hear their reactions when you'd waste MAC rounds just on their Prophet, though.

tmaximus89 Jun 2nd, 2009 04:19 AM

Where can i get this game online?
I heard this game is interesting...
Any idea???

Ant10708 Jun 2nd, 2009 02:56 PM

amazon if you mean for purchase.

LordSappington Jun 2nd, 2009 11:55 PM

I'd be surprised if the Pirate Bay doesn't have it by now.

lovely09 Jul 28th, 2009 08:33 PM

Halo is one of the best ever game i play.I know many here know this but for those who do not know,i had ssme description of the game.Halo is a science fiction video game franchise created by Bungie and owned and published by Microsoft Game Studios. The main trilogy of games center on the experiences of the Master Chief, a cybernetically-enhanced human super-soldier, and his artificial intelligence (AI) companion, Cortana. The Master Chief aids future humanity in battling the Covenant, a theocratic alliance of alien races. In this science fiction setting, the term "Halo" refers to Halo megastructures: large, habitable ringed structures, similar to Larry Niven's ringworlds.

executioneer Jul 28th, 2009 11:16 PM

i had ringworlds back in high school but the doctor gave me some ointment and it got rid of it

LordSappington Jul 28th, 2009 11:31 PM

Whoever makes these bots is just getting lazy.

Zhukov Jul 30th, 2009 10:18 PM

What on earth is the point of these bots? I mean, they don't even have any link for me to click or anything :\

Also, that last one looks pretty well thought out and far from lazy.

On topic, I played the demo and it was boring.

executioneer Jul 30th, 2009 10:30 PM

a lot of them put the link in the sig, which is disabled when they get banned. this one actually didn't have the signature yet, but i'd be willing to bet it was going to add a signature later when nobody's paying attention (it's happened before)