I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Movies that never got a fair shake. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25426)

Fathom Zero Mar 19th, 2007 03:55 PM

Movies that never got a fair shake.

Hudson Hawk. That movie was awesome and still holds up today. Yet I don't hear it ever mentioned anymore.

What movie do you think never got a fair shake?

Mockery Mar 21st, 2007 01:07 AM

Lots of movies, but one off the top of my head would have to be Darkman. Just saw it for the first time in ages the other day and forgot how amusing it was. Plus I always thought Larry Drake rocked. And speaking of Larry Drake...

Dr. Giggles is another movie that never got the credit it deserved, but that's one I'll definitely review on the site at some point. Took me a while to find a copy on DVD. I hate it when good shit goes out of print.

Zomboid Mar 21st, 2007 04:11 AM

When I was a kid, my dad and I would rent big stacks of tapes every weekend from the sci-fi, horror, and action sections at the video store, so I saw and enjoyed both of those several times :O. For some reason, the kill I remember most from Dr. Giggles is when he replaces that lady's pill and walks right by some kid playing video games at a different part.

I still I still have hudson hawk on vhs somewhere around here. I remember liking it a lot but when I think about it, I can't remember why.

Grislygus Mar 21st, 2007 10:24 AM

I have never met (in person) anyone else who enjoyed Evolution or Formula 51.

Formula 51, I can definitely understand. But I thought Evolution was fucking hilarious (who gives a shit if Stifler was in it?).

Fathom Zero Mar 21st, 2007 01:06 PM

Evolution was good and Darkman is awesome.

I was thinking about Evolution not even last week and how much I wanted to see it again.

Staples made for me an about-5" x 10" sticker out of the "Who is Dark Man?" poster and I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. It looks boss, though.

Jeff The Ninja Mar 22nd, 2007 05:23 PM

I used to have a Darkman Comic/Graphic Novel. It was basically the movie summed up in comic form, and it was extremely violent (For a 7 year old). I wish i could find it.

Fathom Zero Mar 28th, 2007 07:53 PM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6212004893041192197&q=genre%3Ahorr or+duration%3Along

God bless Google Video.
Dr. Giggles.
Get it while it's hot.

eggyolk Apr 2nd, 2007 01:58 PM

is the whole thing supposed to be in french

Cliff Steele Apr 2nd, 2007 03:59 PM

I don't know if it would be considered a movie that didn't get a fair shake, but Lost Highway never seems to get mentioned among David Lynch films, and I think it's the best one :O

Fathom Zero Apr 18th, 2007 07:33 AM

Ginger Snaps never got a fair shake. It never even got a theatrical release, if I'm not mistaken.

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2007 08:37 AM

Ginger Snaps is loved by horror fans everywhere, it's had plenty of shakes.

JohnBoy Apr 18th, 2007 09:34 AM

Lost Highway was awesome, as was Darkman. I think Cabin Boy never really got a fair shake as far as comedies are concerned, I still laugh my ass off every time I watch it. The art direction was solid too, albeit strange.

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 18th, 2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 488075)
Ginger Snaps is loved by horror fans everywhere, it's had plenty of shakes.

Apparently not by a lot of people here when I tried making a thread about it a while back>:

Fathom Zero Apr 18th, 2007 11:11 PM

I want the box set soooo bad, but I don't feel like selling one of my kidneys to pay for it. I saw it for $52.

Zomboid Apr 19th, 2007 12:14 AM

Probably for the best. The first one is fucking great but the second isn't anywhere near as good and the third is about as good as the second.

executioneer Apr 19th, 2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperwulf (Post 488206)
Apparently not by a lot of people here when I tried making a thread about it a while back>:

man i can't help it if you kept going off topic geez

Sacks Apr 19th, 2007 10:56 AM

Grindhouse.

Grislygus Apr 19th, 2007 02:31 PM

The 13th Warrior got trashed, now that I think of it.

Fuck anyone who doesn't like watching Vikings killing cannibalistic neanderthals for two hours.

JohnBoy Apr 19th, 2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 488281)
The 13th Warrior got trashed, now that I think of it.

Fuck anyone who doesn't like watching Vikings killing cannibalistic neanderthals for two hours.

That movie never had a shot. It was severly edited and then shelved by the studio for more than a year. I would like to see the unedited version.

kahljorn Apr 19th, 2007 04:39 PM

That's a pretty decent movie, I didn't know it was severely edited though.

Fathom Zero Apr 19th, 2007 05:24 PM

My dad took me to see it when I was nine. Scared doesn't even begin to describe what I was.

Hahaha, from what I hear, Grindhouse never got a fair shake. I told all my friends they should see it, but they want to see Hot Fuzz instead. :( Not that Hot Fuzz is gonna be a bad movie or anything.

Supafly345 Apr 19th, 2007 05:30 PM

The Harder They Come

J. Tithonus Pednaud Apr 19th, 2007 10:51 PM

Equilibrium never got a fair shake.

Fathom Zero Apr 19th, 2007 11:01 PM

I remember seeing a lot of it because my friend is a homo for Christian Bale.

I just saw this tonight and it's still a solid movie; The House on Haunted Hill remake didn't get a fair shake.

Zomboid Apr 20th, 2007 02:13 AM

'Cause it sucks. I have the original with vincent price (I think) on one of those bargain dvds with 3 classic movies on em. I remember it being pretty good and saw it years after I saw the remake.

Also, the 13th warrior does kick a whole lot of ass. I don't know why so many people seem to hate it.