I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   You guys told me to stick with sprites, so... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15242)

Immortal Goat Nov 28th, 2004 10:56 PM

You guys told me to stick with sprites, so...

Here's a little flash image with sprites I made. The sprites aren't animated, but there are animated elements. Before you complain about the monochrome fire, though, just remember this. That is my first attempt at animated fire. Oh, and click the sprites for some extra goodies! :)

click here

GADZOOKS Nov 28th, 2004 11:09 PM

Guys, don't click it, it's one of thosestupid "FREAKOUT SABOTOGE" flashes/

Mr. Vagiclean Nov 28th, 2004 11:15 PM

i am just kinda waiting for them to :( :(

Immortal Goat Nov 28th, 2004 11:37 PM

waiting for who to what? And it isn't one of those stupid-ass sabotages.

pjalne Nov 28th, 2004 11:39 PM

Doesn't work for me. :/

It loads, but when I click the characters nothing happens.

Immortal Goat Nov 28th, 2004 11:40 PM

Is your volume up?

GADZOOKS Nov 28th, 2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
waiting for who to what? And it isn't one of those stupid-ass sabotages.

Don't believe him, he scared my little brother >:
If you insist on seeing it, turn up your speakers.

pjalne Nov 28th, 2004 11:44 PM

I'm in a computer lab, so my volume isn't even on.

Immortal Goat Nov 28th, 2004 11:46 PM

That'll do it. Each button plays music from each different character's respective winter levels. Samus plays the music from Phendrana drifts in Metroid Prime, Sonic plays Ice Capped OCRemix, and Link plays Snowhead from Majora's Mask.

GADZOOKS Nov 28th, 2004 11:48 PM

And then a guy with no eyeball starts scremaing on your screen once you get into the song.

Immortal Goat Nov 28th, 2004 11:49 PM

No one is commenting on my fire animation. :(

Schimid Nov 28th, 2004 11:55 PM

Good enough for me. The Sonic one looks really natural, except maybe for the eyes and to a much lesser extent, the mouth. I thought it was weird that you left Sonic as he was in his own games, but changed Link's look drastically. I'm not complaining, as it does look really good ('cept for the ear, maybe).

I'm not gonna say anything on Samus, because I never liked the Metroid series. ;(

I really like the fire. The only thing I would change about it, if anything at all, is that it's moving very...I don't the word for it. But if you look at it and actually focus, it's just going right, left, right, left.

But that's only if you pay real close attention to it. And keep in mind, I'm nothing of an artist myself. Good work, though.

Immortal Goat Nov 29th, 2004 12:00 AM

Thank you. The reason the fire is so simplistic, and I'm glad you pointed it out, actually, is because it IS my first attempt at animating fire, and I felt it would be better if I left it at 10 frames long. My file size would have suffered, and I'm just not that good at it yet.

Immortal Goat Nov 29th, 2004 12:01 AM

Oh, and I changed Link because his original sprites wouldn't work, and I have made my own Link sprites in the past, so I figured I shoudl stick with that look. You can tell that it is another sprite from the image in my avatar.

EisigerBiskuit Nov 29th, 2004 12:13 AM

hwah! whenever I hear about fire I think back to Adam Phillips' tutorial.

other than the looping snow, the sprites look good
:/

Schimid Nov 29th, 2004 12:39 AM

Quote:

Oh, and I changed Link because his original sprites wouldn't work, and I have made my own Link sprites in the past, so I figured I shoudl stick with that look. You can tell that it is another sprite from the image in my avatar.

Yeah, I figured that the original sprites wouldn't have worked considering Sonic would've dwarved any of them. Maybe to keep the style intact you should take Link out, though, since he's the only one that wouldn't really fit in the image of these sprites. Some are modified, but since he's completely created, the image seems a little weird.

Maybe it's just me, though, and maybe you're just using it as a showcase of what you can do with animation, modification AND creation.

Immortal Goat Nov 29th, 2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid
Quote:

Yeah, I figured that the original sprites wouldn't have worked considering Sonic would've dwarved any of them. Maybe to keep the style intact you should take Link out, though, since he's the only one that wouldn't really fit in the image of these sprites. Some are modified, but since he's completely created, the image seems a little weird.

Maybe it's just me, though, and maybe you're just using it as a showcase of what you can do with animation, modification AND creation.

You hit the nail on the head. This was to use a little bit of everything I can do. And about Adam Phillips' tutorial, I studied that thing forever to get this to loo right.