I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Watchmen (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701741)

Fathom Zero Feb 28th, 2009 11:25 PM

The Watchmen

Stylistically brilliant. I love it.

The sex scenes are choice. The ending they had to make up for the movie was even good. And naysayers, let's face it: it's hard to sell the giant, fake, psychic space kraken to movie-goers.

Very little was left out. The only major thing would be all of the paperstand and the comic book.

electric ninja Feb 28th, 2009 11:40 PM

I haven't read any of the comic books, so if I saw this movie would I enjoy it or would I not get it, and just sit in the theatre and ask "Who the hell is that guy?!"

Fathom Zero Feb 28th, 2009 11:54 PM

Knowledge of the comics is preferable, but not entirely required. Some things will make you go "Huh?".

darkvare Mar 1st, 2009 12:26 AM

how did you get to see it

Fathom Zero Mar 1st, 2009 11:06 AM

Early screening for military folk.

It has Matt Frewer in it!

Guitar Woman Mar 1st, 2009 01:46 PM

So is Zack Snyder going to do a Baywatch movie

MarioRPG Mar 1st, 2009 03:45 PM

Does it feel really long? I don't know if I'll end up seeing it.

Fathom Zero Mar 1st, 2009 08:33 PM

It felt long, at least that's what the people I took with me said. They'd never read the comic. I read it and have been used to seeing long movies lately (Taken, Benjamin Button), so it felt typical for me.

darkvare Mar 1st, 2009 09:27 PM

damn i wanna watch this movie so bad :/

Fathom Zero Mar 1st, 2009 11:34 PM

Now that I've sat on it for a day, I feel that it doesn't seem like the best story to make a movie out of. It's only the kind of suspense a book could have.

electric ninja Mar 2nd, 2009 04:50 AM

So do you still recommend it or not?

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2009 03:39 PM

It's a good movie. I just don't think you could absorb something like the Watchmen in just three hours.

I recommend the movie and to read the comic if you haven't. Srsly good, but don't see the movie and then never read it.

The Leader Mar 2nd, 2009 08:53 PM

It's just Watchmen. There's no 'the' in the title.:\

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2009 09:01 PM

Forgive me, ass, but it feels very awkward. I'll augment my speech from here on out.

The Leader Mar 2nd, 2009 09:13 PM

Thank you. Thank you for being correct.

Guitar Woman Mar 3rd, 2009 01:56 PM

THEY WERE NEVER REFERRED TO AS "THE WATCHMEN" IN THE COMIC IN FACT THE WORD "WATCHMEN" WAS NEVER EVEN SPOKEN OR WRITTEN IN FULL NERD RAGE HARF HARF

Fathom Zero Mar 3rd, 2009 07:16 PM

They mention the name in the movie, but not the comic. So it's kinda weird.

Dr. Boogie Mar 3rd, 2009 07:49 PM

What are you talking about? They had that scene where the rioters spraypainted "who watches the watchmen?" on a wall during a flashback.

Guitar Woman Mar 3rd, 2009 08:02 PM

How do I tongue-in-cheek'd

Actually, though, the "Who watches the Watchmen" grafitti was always either never shown in full or left unfinished; neither crimefighting team was called "The Watchmen," and the only times in the comic that "watchmen" appears fully printed is in the title and chapter quotes.

I'm not bothered by it but all the serious fans of the comic I know are shitting their pants over the movie doing this. And pretty much the entire movie in general.

Tadao Mar 3rd, 2009 08:09 PM

Who Fans the Fanboy!

Zomboid Mar 3rd, 2009 08:59 PM

Ok, enough humoring gw.

I'm going to the Edmonton premiere for this tomorrow. Pretty excited :O

The Leader Mar 3rd, 2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 617061)
I'm not bothered by it but all the serious fans of the comic I know are shitting their pants over the movie doing this. And pretty much the entire movie in general.

I don't get that, it's not like the comic itself will be changed or something. I liked the film adaptation of V For Vendetta because it was a good movie, in my opinion, regardless of how true it was to the comic. Same deal with this. If it's good, it's good. If it sucks... I'm lying. I will weep like a baby.

the Platinum Poppy Mar 4th, 2009 02:53 PM

I've gone from extremely sceptical about the whole project to being excited about it. I think it will be a good movie, although it's impossible to capture everything there is in the comic book. Hope I won't be disappointed.

Big Papa Goat Mar 4th, 2009 04:04 PM

I had never read or heard of Watchmen when I first saw the previews and posters for this movie, and it took me about a month to realize that it wasn't a satire. Actually I'm still not really sure, because to me it still looks like a spoof of Mystery Men.

The Leader Mar 4th, 2009 05:24 PM

It is a sort of dark satire of the superhero genre.