I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   LET'S WATCH MST (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705899)

Grislygus Feb 5th, 2011 02:15 AM

LET'S WATCH MST

THIS WEEK'S THEME IS:
MEDIEVAL

Q: What Is This?
A: A thread where Mystery Science Theatre 3000 episodes are uploaded, in their entirety, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Q: How?
A: Youtube.

Q: Youtube? Why do I need you? I can just go to Youtube myself.
A: Because you're lazy. You wouldn't think to look these specific episodes up, and you won't watch them unless someone puts them right in front of you. You fucking fatass.

DISCUSS, AND KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES

Grislygus Feb 5th, 2011 02:20 AM

Friday, February 4
DEATHSTALKER AND THE WARRIORS FROM HELL

Esuohlim Feb 5th, 2011 12:44 PM

I've been watching MST3K in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Surprising, there's occasional continuity

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 6th, 2011 06:06 PM

Watched Future War last week.

So good.

Dr. Boogie Feb 6th, 2011 07:19 PM

If you're doing a medieval theme, you've got to throw in The Undead.

STAY!!!

Guitar Woman Feb 6th, 2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

GASP! A DOORKNOB FROM GRANDMA'S HOUSE!?
Oh god I fucking lost it :(

LordSappington Feb 6th, 2011 11:50 PM

Man, screw Mike; Joel is where it's at.

LordSappington Feb 7th, 2011 12:10 AM

Also, http://retrovision.tv/movies/mystery...e-theater-3000

Esuohlim Feb 7th, 2011 10:14 AM

Man, Joel/Mike arguments are retarded. Both of them are hilarious.

Zhukov Feb 7th, 2011 10:30 AM

This show seems pretty funny so far.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 8th, 2011 02:15 PM

MIKE <3

jOEL >:

Guitar Woman Feb 8th, 2011 03:52 PM

Is it bad if I like Rifftrax more than MST3K?

In particular, when they did Casablanca, the second Harry Potter movie and the Star Trek reboot I suffocated and died, because I was laughing so hard. I literally was murdered. Granted, I've only seen a few full episodes of MST3K, but I find the riffing's funnier if I've seen the movie before. They're both lots of fun, though, especially the Future War montage up there. That's probably my favorite episode so far.

Esuohlim Feb 8th, 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 712216)
MIKE <3

jOEL >:

NO >: JOEL IS ALSO FUNNY YOU JERK MCGUIRK

Tadao Feb 8th, 2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 712219)
Is it bad if I like Rifftrax more than MST3K?

In particular, when they did Casablanca, the second Harry Potter movie and the Star Trek reboot I suffocated and died, because I was laughing so hard. I literally was murdered. Granted, I've only seen a few full episodes of MST3K, but I find the riffing's funnier if I've seen the movie before. They're both lots of fun, though, especially the Future War montage up there. That's probably my favorite episode so far.

It's probably because 50 percent of the time they are referencing shit you don't know about because you aren't their age. A lot of people born in the 80's missed a lot of the joke and looked like idiots because they laughed anyways and everyone my age knew they were posers.

Guitar Woman Feb 8th, 2011 06:59 PM

Oh goodie, a condescending reply from a pretentious old I-Mockery fogie! We're in dire shortage of those.

executioneer Feb 8th, 2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 712224)
NO >: JOEL IS ALSO FUNNY YOU JERK MCGUIRK

mike and joel are both great, i just enjoy eps with tv's frank in them more :(

Tadao Feb 8th, 2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 712236)
Oh goodie, a condescending reply from a pretentious old I-Mockery fogie! We're in dire shortage of those.

Don't get all emo. If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question. I'm sure if you watch it again you'll get all the Beefheart and Floyd references.

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Feb 8th, 2011 09:38 PM

Floyd?

I believe you've mistaken me for someone who likes having penises in his ass. Many, many penises in his ass at the same time, as well as his mouth, ears, and nose, because that's what it'd take to be as gay as a Pink Floyd fan.

Grislygus Feb 9th, 2011 01:16 AM

Tuesday, February 8 (whoops)
QUEST OF THE DELTA KNIGHTS

LordSappington Feb 10th, 2011 01:24 PM

Oh man, that Marge lady, or whatever her name was, was the worst. It's actually kinda painful to watch the later ones. :(
We have an old VHS somewhere that has a recording of the Turkey Day MST3K, with Sinbad. Complete with 80's commercials.
I love those goddamn commercials. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 11th, 2011 10:41 AM

I like Pearl a lot better than Forester too.

Grislygus Feb 11th, 2011 05:39 PM

Friday, February 11
CAVE DWELLERS

Dr. Boogie Feb 12th, 2011 11:16 PM

"Ator, be careful!"

"Noooo!"

:lol

Dr. Boogie Feb 14th, 2011 03:01 PM

Let me get in on this:

Monday, February 14
Agent for H.A.R.M.

Krythor Feb 14th, 2011 06:59 PM

I find that if you watch a series of Joel episodes and then a Mike one, the Mike episode doesn't seem as funny, and the reverse is also true. The humour and pacing of the jokes etc change so much from season 3 to season 10 that if you're used to one you have to settle into the other. I think watching them roughly chronological order like Milhouse said is how I prefer them.

PS Red Zone Cuba is by far my favourite episode of all time, that's one of the few that I could watch another hundred times and never get bored of. Invasion USA is also great.